+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada need FSW to help economy.........................CEC think big because they have exp already.................we come with monyey and we can easily help................. CEC should go home and get exp................good money they can make with western exp...................then come later like us
Someone translate this for me

akb21

Feb 6, 2020
Toronto
Canada need FSW to help economy.........................CEC think big because they have exp already.................we come with monyey and we can easily help................. CEC should go home and get exp................good money they can make with western exp...................then come later like us
So in your opinion, you can save Canada's economy while CEC experience is worthless and they should go back to their home country for real experience? And what money are you coming with to help? Is it donations or charity or investments? Oh wait, may be you are talking about your settlement funds that you will use to pay rent, groceries, supplies and help local businesses, because in your opinion CEC eats air and stays on streets..

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
So in your opinion, you can save Canada's economy while CEC experience is worthless and they should go back to their home country for real experience? And what money are you coming with to help? Is it donations or charity or investments? Oh wait, may be you are talking about your settlement funds that you will use to pay rent, groceries, supplies and help local businesses, because in your opinion CEC eats air and stays on streets..
He is clearly a troll, ignore him.

akb21

Feb 6, 2020
Toronto
I don't get this argument. Seriously.

Why would Canada prefer less qualified people (CECs in theirs 420's) than extremely high skilled FSW candidates above 500 simply because "they are from India, USA"?
It doesn't make any sense. Simply test these people as they enter the country, on the airport itself, and make sure they'll quarantine for 14 days. It's not that hard, at all. By applying these 2 policies, the chances of spreading the virus in the country are virtually zero.
I'll avoid talking about qualifications, but I don't think IRCC is biased or preferring certain set of candidates. They are doing what is necessary to meet their annual numbers. When it comes to FSW, it is more challenging as they have to talk to foreign agencies and with lockdown, its hard to finalize applications within 6 months.. It's purely logistical and has nothing to do with FSW.

And when it comes to travel, it's not wrong for Canada to protect their citizens. Just think about it humanely. You are not traveling alone. If someone is infected, and pass it on to older and retired people, you are risking their lives and putting families through unwanted circumstances. Would you feel good to achieve your immigration goals at the cost of vulnerable people?

Reactions: joconstantine

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Seems like we are there again, cec vs fsw.
Dear people, we love that people being given ITAs even in this hard times. Some are having their lifetime moment because of the current scenario. How cool is that!

We started this thread to post updted news and keep fsw candidates motivated till the actual thing happen. We all are aware that there is no way any of our arguments would bring any changes to what IRCC do. Meantime, lets support each other, clear each other's doubts regarding their profiles, guide fellow aspirants about their documentations, and refrain our selves from unwanted comments.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
I don’t understand how everytime we circle back to fsw v cec, bruh!!! It’s tiring. Can we please stick to normal updates instead of arguing who deserves what! Sheesh

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
I honestly don't think this is a FSW vs CEC issue, but much more the fact that some people get "sensitive" when they hear that "someone in theirs 440s are less valuable to the Canadian economy than someone at their 500s". People, we are assets to the Canadian government, and the EE is a competition. It's not an humanitarian program. Geez, understand that.

Honestly, I'm at 469, and I have ZERO problems to admit i'm a less competitive candidate than someone with 485 (and it's doesn't matter if that 485 guy is a FSW or CEC). It's not my opinion, it's how the Canadian government sees it. Otherwise, the CRS criteria score would be different (and they can absolutely change the criteria in the coming months, who knows?).
I already lost 11 points due to my age, and I TOTALLY understand that getting older makes me a less interesting and less competitive candidate to support the Canadian economy, I don't take that personally: it's a fact, the CRS criteria shows me that.

So, yes, someone with a CLB7 is less valuable than someone with a CLB10 in the Express Entry pool. Why saying that is so "controversial"?

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
I honestly don't think this is a FSW vs CEC issue, but much more the fact that some people get "sensitive" when they hear that "someone in theirs 440s are less valuable to the Canadian economy than someone at their 500s". People, we are assets to the Canadian government, and the EE is a competition. It's not an humanitarian program. Geez, understand that.

Honestly, I'm at 469, and I have ZERO problems to admit i'm a less competitive candidate than someone with 485 (and it's doesn't matter if that 485 guy is a FSW or CEC). It's not my opinion, it's how the Canadian government sees it. Otherwise, the CRS criteria score would be different (and they can absolutely change the criteria in the coming months, who knows?).
I already lost 11 points due to my age, and I TOTALLY understand that getting older makes me a less interesting and less competitive candidate to support the Canadian economy, I don't take that personally: it's a fact, the CRS criteria shows me that.

So, yes, someone with a CLB7 is less valuable than someone with a CLB10 in the Express Entry pool. Why saying that is so "controversial"?
My problem is why compare 2 different programs/criteria?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
My problem is why compare 2 different programs/criteria?
Because they compete against each other in general draws. And use the same scoring system. But I agree with @Optimall that these debates are senseless, and achieve nothing. Or rather, they achieve making candidates here view each other as hostile enemies, which shouldn't be the case. We should ideally be supporting one another towards a common goal. We likely have only 2 days to see what the new month brings. Let's wait with positivity and see what happens. :)

Reactions: Optimall
Status
Not open for further replies.