+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Can you read the below. It is no longer 2022. Canada is processing Visitor visas, Student and work permit now.
My friend too got his work permit approved recently. Do not irritate others with your demotivating posts. What else you need more than this

Perfect way to lose the next election is to continue to import people to fight over those already scarce jobs plus at a time when Canadians are losing their homes by the millions

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I don't get this argument. Seriously.

Why would Canada prefer less qualified people (CECs in theirs 420's) than extremely high skilled FSW candidates above 500 simply because "they are from India, USA"?
It doesn't make any sense. Simply test these people as they enter the country, on the airport itself, and make sure they'll quarantine for 14 days. It's not that hard, at all. By applying these 2 policies, the chances of spreading the virus in the country are virtually zero.
FSWs are a responsibility for the govt., CECs/Intl students are/were a source of revenue which the govt. owed nothing to
CECs (most of them) pay taxes, FSWs do not (initially)
CECs are already established (less verification needed), FSWs are not established
FSWs have families to feed, CECs do not

Yes, FSWs are more qualified, yes they are in generally more desirable but in terms of what is more preferable, you tell me what sounds better to them?

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
FSWs are a responsibility for the govt., CECs/Intl students are/were a source of revenue which the govt. owed nothing to
CECs are already established (less verification needed), FSWs are not established

Yes, FSWs are more qualified, yes they are in generally more desirable but in terms of what is more preferable, you tell me what sounds better to them?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Reactions: AverageIndianGuy

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
It's little more complex than that, In my opinion the reason IRCC is not doing any FSW draws is because of high unemployment rates. I know that people who get ITA's now won't arrive for at least 6 months, but at the same time it is very hard to predict future unemployment rates/economic condition of Canada. Once the government is confident about future and economy is stable, they'll resume FSW draws.

They are still doing PNP/CEC draws because majority of candidates are already a part of labour market and they've been paying taxes. If any CEC candidate who's working in Canada lost their job it'll be counted in towards unemployment rate irrespective their status in Canada.
Well, then they should stop all draws all together.
Honestly, I don't think someone in theirs 420-430 (which probably indicates that person doesn't even have a CLB9 in either english or french, neither has many years of expertise in their fields) will have a better chance in the canadien market than someone in theirs 480 (which probably indicates that person has a CLB10, 3+ years of experience, maybe even some knowledge of French).
I do believe the CECs draws are deeply related to the lack of flights to leave Canada. If the visas for theses CECs candidates expired, they would face a really hard time to find a flight back to their country, and would need to pay a fortune for it. So, to avoid that diplomatic crisis, they're trying to keep as many PGWP visa holders as possible in the country right now.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020

By looking that way, then Canada has no reason to actually have a FSW category in the EE program, neither today, neither in the past years.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Honestly, I don't think someone in theirs 420-430 (which probably indicates that person doesn't even have a CLB9 in either english or french, neither has many years of expertise in their fields) will have a better chance in the canadien market than someone in theirs 480 (which probably indicates that person has a CLB10, 3+ years of experience, maybe even some knowledge of French).
I do believe the CECs draws are deeply related to the lack of flights to leave Canada. If the visas for theses CECs candidates expired, they would face a really hard time to find a flight back to their country, and would need to pay a fortune for it. So, to avoid that diplomatic crisis, they're trying to keep as many PGWP visa holders as possible in the country right now.
A 23 year old with a Canadian Bachelors degree with CLB 7 and a year of work experience has a CRS score of 394. This person has his entire career to develop his earning potential.

amanc018

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
A 23 year old with a Canadian Bachelors degree with CLB 7 and a year of work experience has a CRS score of 394. This person has his entire career to develop his earning potential.
Exactly, I'm a 22 year old with a Canadian diploma with CLB 9 and 1 yr of work experience on PGWP (CRS 431). My original plan was to work for 3 years save some money and either get PR through PNP, AIPP etc and than go back to college for further education or just get another study permit. I hate when people judge someone solely on the basis of CRS.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Exactly, I'm a 22 year old with a Canadian diploma with CLB 9 and 1 yr of work experience on PGWP (CRS 431). My original plan was to work for 3 years save some money and either get PR through PNP, AIPP etc and than go back to college for further education or just get another study permit. I hate when people judge someone solely on the basis of CRS.
Well according to most people who don’t live in Canada it’s time for you to leave.......jk

I understand why most people would want to live in Canada. It truly is one of the best countries in the world. I will honestly miss it and wish I could go back.

Reactions: Teraze and amanc018

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
I'm not trying to discourage anyone here but I personally know people that have been rejected from job postings for having too much experience. They specifically want people that are young and not a lot of experience. It is a vicious cycle because new immigrants are told to start from the ground up but when applying from the ground, they are told they are too qualified. Anyways, just providing a counterpoint to your assertion that having more qualifications and more experience is better in the hiring process

Reactions: FutureCruizer

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Sure, that's understandable.

I don't judge people on just their CRS score but that's how EE works.

But my only issue is when people aren't allowed to compete in a draw and someone with a lower score gets accepted instead of people who have higher scores, and that's what's happening with CEC only draws.

I think that's unfair, it's not because someone who has a lower score doesn't have a lot to offer. But this how they've designed the criteria.

Well according to most people who don’t live in Canada it’s time for you to leave.......jk

I understand why most people would want to live in Canada. It truly is one of the best countries in the world. I will honestly miss it and wish I could go back.
What happened, you left Canada?

canadiandreamer1970

May 25, 2020
Canada need FSW to help economy.........................CEC think big because they have exp already.................we come with monyey and we can easily help................. CEC should go home and get exp................good money they can make with western exp...................then come later like us

Status
Not open for further replies.