+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Wrong predictions . If FSW starts happening from 9th , the score is like to drop below 460 after 3-4 draws ,as ielts is not happening and people are unable to send transcripts to WES at the moment . The trend u r talking about , from October last year when 470 was the score , just because people were writing ielts and were getting ECAs on time , but this time it’s gonna be different .no the same number of people would be able to enter the tooo untill everything normalise
I respectfully disagree. I think seeing the trends from the beginning of the year and things are gradually opening up then scores been above 470 will be the new normal. 3-4 draws is two months which would give ample time for replenishment of people with scores above 470.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
August 2022
Buddy, I'm getting real tired of you dropping into this thread purely to spread negativity. Why don't you enlighten us all with what you're doing in life at the moment? Are you a candidate in the FSW pool along with the rest of us? Are you a CEC/PNP candidate who recently received an ITA? Are you an already-landed immigrant in Canada who is now advocating for no one else to be able to follow you to the country? Whichever it is, understand that we don't need your kind of pessimism and trolling here. Read the comments of the people replying to you. Nobody is appreciating the negative input here. Do yourself a favor and stop. This forum is for constructive discussion, and this thread is specifically for FSWs to support each other.
July 9th might be a tad optimistic, but I do think FSW draws will resume by August at least.

The biggest obstacle to holding draws - VACs being closed - is slowly being removed. If you follow the VFS Global updates over the last two weeks, you can see the number of centres being opened up, slowly but surely.

Canadian visa VFS offices would be among the last ones to open I feel, considering the very safe (rightfully so) approach being followed by the Canadian Govt, but July-August is a fair hope to have for even these to be opened.
Yeah, it's definitely nice to see the VACs gradually opening up. I'm starting to think that has always been the main reason for the pause on FSW draws. Not the border closures. If there are not enough staff in foreign VACs to process the applications and facilitate FSW biometrics, the pause has made sense. Now, with more and more opening up all around the world, I think we may see traction in terms of a resumption of general draws. Let's see what July brings for us. :)

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
yup agreed
Buddy, I'm getting real tired of you dropping into this thread purely to spread negativity. Why don't you enlighten us all with what you're doing in life at the moment? Are you a candidate in the FSW pool along with the rest of us? Are you a CEC/PNP candidate who recently received an ITA? Are you an already-landed immigrant in Canada who is now advocating for no one else to be able to follow you to the country? Whichever it is, understand that we don't need your kind of pessimism and trolling here. Read the comments of the people replying to you. Nobody is appreciating the negative input here. Do yourself a favor and stop. This forum is for constructive discussion, and this thread is specifically for FSWs to support each other.

Yeah, it's definitely nice to see the VACs gradually opening up. I'm starting to think that has always been the main reason for the pause on FSW draws. Not the border closures. If there are not enough staff in foreign VACs to process the applications and facilitate FSW biometrics, the pause has made sense. Now, with more and more opening up all around the world, I think we may see traction in terms of a resumption of general draws. Let's see what July brings for us. :)
yup. I agree with you. 8th July is possibility now.

calgal90

Star Member
Jan 15, 2020
I'm pretty sure FSW draws will commence from July if they are going to start processing visitors visas again.

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020

Guys, one of the reason i read they r resuming these application is to avoid backlog when they openup. Consider our processing time, i believe this is the right time they start inviting. Diffrnt govt departments are also quoting reopening in their statements these days. So its almost there, coming draw or after that, just around the corner....

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Canada extends ban on most foreign travellers to at least July 31

This goes against of what you're saying in regards to airports and airlines opening up...
That has no bearing on inviting FSW candidates now who will only be able to arrive once applications are finished processing in like 6/7/8 months if not more. That border closure, in my opinion, is specifically aimed at stopping tourism, which is difficult to control. My government is doing the same right now. The difference is it's winter here, so we only technically lose lots of cash if we're still closed to tourists from September (spring) onwards.

We don't need borders to reopen right now to be issued ITAs. VACs reopening does help us, however. And that is happening more and more with each passing week.

Reactions: Mebei and jrossi

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Certainly. An FSW draw is pointless without VACs being open for majority of the ITA recipients. They would simply spend months being unable to move beyond an ITA and IRCC would have average processing times for Express Entry shoot up, which wouldn't look good for their flagship program. So the closed VACs is almost certainly the reason why FSW draws were put on hold.

I don't think the border closures directly relate to FSW draws due to the time lag in someone reaching Canada after getting an ITA. Doesn't seem logical to me.

radio44u

Oct 18, 2018
I think fsw draw will comence soon by canadian govt because it has many reason. Firstly crs of cec has been of its low since the draws have been conducting by Canadian govt. Secondly if a person gets ota in fsw then he will take 90-120 days to get copr to reach their country. According to me at that time we will see no border restrictions by all the countries
Regards
Amandeep

Reactions: PG12

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Yeah it’s tough to find jobs in Canada now so that makes sense.
There are plenty of 1-year Master's programs in Canada (such as 12-month MBAs), which result in only a 1-year PGWP. These graduates take an average of 1-3 months to find a job even in the best of times. So most of the 1-year PGWP holders wouldn't qualify for CEC when their PGWP is about to expire. I'd guess that the bulk of them still use the FSW route after graduation.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Canada extends ban on most foreign travellers to at least July 31

This goes against of what you're saying in regards to airports and airlines opening up...
As you can clearly read on the IRCC tweet, borders are closed but they will begin processing of visas . Common sense should be used here as they said “you might not be allowed in even if you are approved of a visa”(That should tell you that they are already projecting for the future) they want to get started even before travel restrictions are eased. Common sense isn’t common anyways

Reactions: nns14 and PG12

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
I respectfully disagree. I think seeing the trends from the beginning of the year and things are gradually opening up then scores been above 470 will be the new normal. 3-4 draws is two months which would give ample time for replenishment of people with scores above 470.
This shouldn’t be a tough debate . The numbers of people joining the pool isn’t as huge as it was pre-covid. A chunk of candidates have left the pool with smaller CRS. Now it all depends on the numbers of ITA issued and the pace at which they are issued. A b2b draw mean more than 7k people will be off the pool but a normal draw means 3900 people will be leaving. PNP like Alberta are reducing their slot which means more higher scores will be reducing through PNP . Everything depends on how the draws will be conducted when they finally resume . Hope for the best even if it isn’t for you but for others coz that way it might get back to you

Reactions: PG12
Status
Not open for further replies.