+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Still marveling at the stupidity of the idea of spamming the IRCC twitter account with #openborders hashtag.

It's the digital equivalent of fraudulent economic migrants during the 2015 EU migration crisis meant for deserving Syrian refugees rioting near the border checkpoints in demanding and rioting to be let in.

Why should any nation let you in when you demand open borders which is the abolition of nationhood? Were these people raised in a barn? I am from India and hope the people doing this aren't Indians.
Those will just get ignored. You called the name of the country not me.....:)

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
August 2022
I’m curious to know if you’re a candidate or just be here for some fun. I can’t believe if you could be a candidate given your super pessimistic approach or trying to mock people that nothing would happen in their life as you are already in Canada or not looking to migrate. Don’t forget that karma is a b****

giveuponca

Jun 30, 2020
Anybody who thinks FSW draw will be in July is not being serious, travel restrictions are continuing. Canada is doing well against the virus and doesn't want or need people bringing it in. You will just have to wait and accept this is the way it is. It may not be fair to you but it is fair to Canadians who are the #1 priority now.

I expect FSW draw maybe in this autumn, if we're lucky. If not, then just give up on Canada if you want, others who persevere will get in if their CRS is 475+. Definitely no hope for 460s, scores are never coming down and especially not if Trump gets back in. I suggest we pray Biden is elected so the H1-B's don't all flood the EE pool lol.

ThePatnaGuy

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Anybody who thinks FSW draw will be in July is not being serious, travel restrictions are continuing. Canada is doing well against the virus and doesn't want or need people bringing it in. You will just have to wait and accept this is the way it is. It may not be fair to you but it is fair to Canadians who are the #1 priority now.

I expect FSW draw maybe in this autumn, if we're lucky. If not, then just give up on Canada if you want, others who persevere will get in if their CRS is 475+. Definitely no hope for 460s, scores are never coming down and especially not if Trump gets back in. I suggest we pray Biden is elected so the H1-B's don't all flood the EE pool lol.
But you never know when you get lucky or things work in your favor. I had a dream and I was in the similar spot last year where I gave up on Canada. My score was lower than cutoff trend. Stopped thinking about Canada for a few months and then I got a pnp nomination from nowhere. So I’ll suggest hang in there. It will work out. If not, something else would work out.

If possible get your documents in place as ITA is just the first step. And people are rejected on documents too.

Jun 26, 2020
Don't pay any attention to them. It is because they are super judgy trolls who think people with lower CRS scores do not deserve to immigrate to Canada. What is ironic is some of them might have immigrated back in those days where it was not uncommon for the cut-off score to be below 450 consistently. They are fine as long as they are in. Unfortunately, you will run into such people when you land in Canada, avoid them like the plaque and make sure to not become one of them.
Thank you for your response :) and I share the same sentiment with you. For someone like me that feels like my score won't go beyond 450 (once I start applying), it is kind of discouraging to see the latest score for FSW draw and there are some members who you've mentioned and it adds to the existing frustration. When I was scrolling through the first pages of this thread, I was really saddened by some of the comments and I was like... "if my score is below 450 or 470, does that make me less of a valuable applicant already?"...

I tried the CRS tool / simulator because I'm curious if I apply, I got a score between 380 and 416. :(

P.S.
Sorry guys if I sound arrogant or whiny with my response. It is ironic that we call this thread "Ray of Hope" and yet there are people who thinks they're better than everyone else.

Last edited:

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
Very good chance July 9th is an FSW draw. Everything is pointing to it. Airports and airlines opening up, more VACs opening and visitor visa processing starting. If an FSW is happening the CRS score is likely to remain at 470 for the rest of the year.
Wrong predictions . If FSW starts happening from 9th , the score is like to drop below 460 after 3-4 draws ,as ielts is not happening and people are unable to send transcripts to WES at the moment . The trend u r talking about , from October last year when 470 was the score , just because people were writing ielts and were getting ECAs on time , but this time it’s gonna be different .no the same number of people would be able to enter the tooo untill everything normalise

samirsam

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019

The thing is that there are many many people already in Canada and their visa is about to expire ( PGWP) so if they want to postpone fsw more than this they should introduce in land fsw

Reactions: hhzara

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
July 9th might be a tad optimistic, but I do think FSW draws will resume by August at least.

The biggest obstacle to holding draws - VACs being closed - is slowly being removed. If you follow the VFS Global updates over the last two weeks, you can see the number of centres being opened up, slowly but surely.

Canadian visa VFS offices would be among the last ones to open I feel, considering the very safe (rightfully so) approach being followed by the Canadian Govt, but July-August is a fair hope to have for even these to be opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.