+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
So did your husband come in as your partner?

That's probably one drawback of this approach - if something unforeseen like this happens, you jeopardize your chance.

Unlikely that FSWs are going to get any invites immediately so your best bet is to find a job for now. If FSWs get invites, then nothing like it.

But expecting things to be normal would be unwise. You will need a plan B.
Yes, he came with me. Yes, I have like three plans but I am stressed because my visa will expire in a few months. I am thinking of studying another thing if no invitations come :( but I don't want to study again cause it is expensive and it limits me.
Ugh, yeah, I'd better start looking for jobs right after I finish my internship.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
So guys, AUG is the month to see FSW draws!!
At least by Aug, it should begin and further delays would be catastrophic.
Embrace to see cut-off dropping to 410s if two more CEC only draws takes place

Victor8892

Nov 13, 2019
So guys, AUG is the month to see FSW draws!!
At least by Aug, it should begin and further delays would be catastrophic.
Embrace to see cut-off dropping to 410s if two more CEC only draws takes place
this is your guess or you have some news source? I don't think Aug could be reopen for FSW, even though I wish it could, because I'm also in the pool waiting!

Rexxxx

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Do you really think travel restrictions is the reason behind the no general draw scenario?
Yes. Fact is general draws was stopped when travel restrictions was put in place - March 18. I am not privy to whatever plans they had or have neither will I speculate. But based on the facts, yes general draws will begin when travel restrictions are removed.

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
I can see tons of people here expecting Canada to lift off the travel restriction

Just because their immigration goal :rolleyes: this is the quality of new immigrants
People will one day accept the grim reality that their goal of moving to Canada is over. Guys there are other countries that would love your talent

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
I know I have given up on my personal Canadian dream. I could learn French to boost my points as many in the thread have started but this is a massive commitment and the payoff may be minimal at best and not something that is part of my personal goals. I have decided to learn Arabic instead and move to the gulf. Sometimes things happen for a reason and in times like this it’s best to reassess the situation and move on. I know once FSW draws resume the reality is 470+ scores and I have a feeling it will still resume in July. There are people with those scores who are a shoe in, in this thread.

FeedYourMojo

Jun 30, 2020
They got it from here. Atleast they are allowing people who are not eligible to travel to Canada right now to apply and get their visa approved and fly out as soon as travel restrictions are lifted.
Yeah, I think the best way to handle this FSW draw suspension is take every new win and just feed your positivity. I always say it's not over until it's over. So give the process sometime, have some faith. Jobs have been lost all over the world that's not to say countries will now lock themselves in until all their citizens get work. Life still moves on and I think Canada is figuring out best way to do that.

Reactions: Mebei
Status
Not open for further replies.