+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
May I know how you are saying this? You mentioned earlier in this thread of having an immigration expert with a source as a friend. Is it information gleaned from him/her or is this a guess? I am just trying to learn.
Haha I never said I knew anyone in immigration in any of my posts and I don’t have anyone I know in immigration. I am just making an educated guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: indianstudent96

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Haha I don’t have anyone I know in immigration. I am just making an educated guess.
Okay, thanks.

I would really like to know whether COVID19 has an effect of increasing the cut-off for FSW or decreasing it with some good reasoning behind it. Surely it should be easy to make an educated guess right?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Haha I don’t have anyone I know in immigration. I am just making an educated guess.
You are pretty spot on. Even if there's a huge backlog of high-scoring FSW candidates in the pool, the cut-off will eventually stabilize around 470-475.

The first few draws might have a higher cut-off score, but it is realistic to expect it to drop back to the pre-COVID range.

Reactions: hydrizxcv

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
You are pretty spot on. Even if there's a huge backlog of high-scoring FSW candidates in the pool, the cut-off will eventually stabilize around 470-475.

The first few draws might have a higher cut-off score, but it is realistic to expect it to drop back to the pre-COVID range.
Thanks for the info. My worry is that they're going to conduct a single FSW draw which is higher than my score (475) and then have a long pause like we've had and I am going to turn 30 (May 2021) before the next draw happens.

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Hi folks, I am in dilemma regarding my education history. I started my program in Canada on 2014 and got graduation certificate on June 2016. However, the tricky part is I completed the program on August, 2015 but the graduation happened later. Which date should I put June 2016 or August 2015 for the course completion date question?

I had put my graduation date (June, 2016) instead of my course completion date (August, 2015) on Express Entry profile and got the ITA today, should I go with it or decline and correct the mistake and wait for an another draw, hopefully in July. Any recommendations and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Peace❤
Graduations usually happen later. But your study is completed on the date which is mentioned on the course completion letter that your educational institute issued you (one you used to apply for pgwp). If you don't have that then the date you got your transcript.

Even if your course completion is august, you can make these changes and then submit your application after actually competing your work experience (ie. August i assume). As long as your score stays above the minimum cut off in that draw and you have the experience you are claiming points for on the day you submit your application you should be perfectly fine. I strongly oppose declining the ITA especially if your score is low. You never know they might conduct all inclusive draw next. Saying this from experience. I had an ITA in May 2019 and declined it for somewhat similar reason then FST draw happened and score never came down. I had to wait a year to finally get an ITA again. Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
Thank you. Can I know if the scores are expected to go up or down for the next FSW whenever it happens? Increased pool means an increase in the cut-off right?
Sorry, I don't know if I can answer that nor anyone can including the Canadian Immigration Minister. Lot of external factors influence the pool size. We don't even know when the FSW's will resume. If someone for sure tells you they are resuming next month, that is pure speculation and guess. I will take those with a grain of salt and won't get my hopes up.

Yes, looking at the current pool size, if any FSW draws are to happen next month, within two draws the scores should come down to 470. I don't see a significant increase in scores or influx of candidates as soon as the FSW draws begin. Lets say if draws don't resume until October, then the pool size will increase and people with scores 475 to 485 could increase by a reasonable number (But again not a big number for the scores to stay there forever).

Mystic

Apr 1, 2020
Thanks for the info. My worry is that they're going to conduct a single FSW draw which is higher than my score (475) and then have a long pause like we've had and I am going to turn 30 (May 2021) before the next draw happens.
You cannot do anything by worrying about something that is not in your control. The less you stress about this, the better your life & health will be. You did everything you can, and you still stand on the top of the pool as soon as FSW's resume. Now relax and focus on present

Rebeca.hochman

Jul 25, 2019
What cut-off score can we expect in the FSW draw if it happens say the end of next month?
Do I have a chance at 475?

P.S: My understanding is it is bound to go up and not down. Am I right?
I guess 475 is a good score, from my understanding points might drop a little compared to before COVID-19 for two main reasons:
1) Canada didnt stop issusing ITAs. Therefore, people are getting off the pool consistentely, but not so many people are being able to get in, at least not in the same speed as people are getting out of the pool due to IELTS and WES not operating completely normal
2) Canada is inviting candidates through PNPs which usually is the category that mainly contributes to points increase in the invitations.

In addition, in some of the express entry groups that I participate, I read about some people who had high scores (470+) complaining about losing points due to age and this might have happened to a good amount of people.
Lastly, I heard about some people who don't classify in FSW anymore due to the Financial Requirement. With the brutal increase in dollar some people were deeply affected.

I might be wrong but that is my guess. 475 should be more than enough.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Is it possible to apply Canada PR on my own without any consultant or lawyer?
Yes, absolutely. The government has built the EE system in such a way that it's a very straightforward process. Start with the link here and follow the steps. And ask on this forum in the relevant threads if you need help. :) https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html
Canada vfs are going to open in July in most countries , international flights gonna resume between India and EU and US
Do you have any info about Canadian VFS offices opening? My government hasn't made any such announcements, and I've not seen anything from Canada's side either. I've been checking the VFS websites regularly.

kabir_krishna

Jul 3, 2019
Doug Ford told that they have planned a strategy for COVD 2nd wave which might occur in sept when everything would be open.
EE system doesn’t show any discrimination between applicants from different countries.
Canadian border is officially closed until end of July.
Justin Trudeau announced that they are in no rush to open borders.

2021✌

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Doug Ford told that they have planned a strategy for COVD 2nd wave which might occur in sept when everything would be open.
EE system doesn’t show any discrimination between applicants from different countries.
Canadian border is officially closed until end of July.
Justin Trudeau announced that they are in no rush to open borders.

2021✌
Has Trudeau made this announcement? Or are you referring to US-Canada border?

Reactions: lone_ranger

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
What do you guys thing about score from 460 to 465. Would there be any chance. Maybe after the fsw opens after about 4 back to back rounds. Do you think it’s possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.