+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Graduations usually happen later. But your study is completed on the date which is mentioned on the course completion letter that your educational institute issued you (one you used to apply for pgwp). If you don't have that then the date you got your transcript.

Even if your course completion is august, you can make these changes and then submit your application after actually competing your work experience (ie. August i assume). As long as your score stays above the minimum cut off in that draw and you have the experience you are claiming points for on the day you submit your application you should be perfectly fine. I strongly oppose declining the ITA especially if your score is low. You never know they might conduct all inclusive draw next. Saying this from experience. I had an ITA in May 2019 and declined it for somewhat similar reason then FST draw happened and score never came down. I had to wait a year to finally get an ITA again. Hope this helps! :)
Hi, thank you so much for the detailed response. Personally, I’m against declining ITA, because I’ve made the simple mistake need to take all the precautions before proceeding with the application. I hope I can rectify it post ITA form before submission with a LOE. The score would be still above the cutoff score regardless the change of date as I only claimed for my two year program, which was 4 semesters:)

Reactions: Angel1113

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Not discouraging anyone. Just that some are making nonsensical statement which need be responded to

Last edited:

babygigix

Mar 4, 2020
hi guys. i have a question. is there any one here who is a non-french speaking person that wrote the french exam TEF ? i am at 468 and been in the pool for 6 months now, WES made a making a mistake with one of my certs and so my evaluation was delayed by like 2 weeks and so i joined the pool just one day after the last draw was 467. im so disappointed but no point dwelling in the past. im trying to see if i should just max my IELTS score by rewriting which can give me an additinal 3 points or i should study for TEF and write that instead?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
hi guys. i have a question. is there any one here who is a non-french speaking person that wrote the french exam TEF ? i am at 468 and been in the pool for 6 months now, WES made a making a mistake with one of my certs and so my evaluation was delayed by like 2 weeks and so i joined the pool just one day after the last draw was 467. im so disappointed but no point dwelling in the past. im trying to see if i should just max my IELTS score by rewriting which can give me an additinal 3 points or i should study for TEF and write that instead?
If you can study for the TEF, go for it.

There is a lady on this forum who was in the low 430s. She went from scratch to french fluency in 6 months. Her story is very inspiring. Look for it and I say go for French. When FSW opens, it will once again settle around the 470 points mark IMO.

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020

There is a lady on this forum who was in the low 430s. She went from scratch to french fluency in 6 months. Her story is very inspiring. Look for it and I say go for French. When FSW opens, it will once again settle around the 470 points mark IMO.
I read that too. French is the best way boost up the score by big number.

babygigix

Mar 4, 2020

Thank you . i have zero motivation but something eventually will have to give.

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
Same situation for me. My immigration law firm delayed the profile creation by a month. If they had created the profile earlier I would have got in through the last FSW draw - the March 4th FSW which had a cut off of 471. Their delays potentially have cost me my opportunity to move to Canada. I haven't expressed this to them since they didn't do it intentionally and they couldn't have foreseen the severity of COVID19 back in February. But maybe I should tell this to them.

babygigix

Mar 4, 2020
Same situation for me. My immigration law firm delayed the profile creation by a month. If they had created the profile earlier I would have got in through the last FSW draw - the March 4th FSW which had a cut off of 471. Their delays potentially have cost me my opportunity to move to Canada. I haven't expressed this to them since they didn't do it intentionally and they couldn't have foreseen the severity of COVID19 back in February. But maybe I should tell this to them.
im sorry to hear this. at least yours was not intentional. i dont think WES's actions were intentional but rather irresponsible and totally lacking in professionalism. my evaluation took 4 months. from September last year to December, and the mistake they made really cost me. they sent my certificate from the ACCA to another institution and were waiting, had it been that i ddnt follow up the tomfoolery would have gone on much longer. They were completely overwhelmed that period and instead of taking in less applications and focus on doing a proper job of the ones they had pending, they did what was best for them and only god knows how many others have the story as mine. They also sent my report 3 days later than they day they said they would. when i think back i get so sad and have a good mind to bring it to their attention but i wonder what good that'll do so im just here unsure of what my next move is to make sure that come the next FSW draw, i get an ITA, but hope.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
im sorry to hear this. at least yours was not intentional. i dont think WES's actions were intentional but rather irresponsible and totally lacking in professionalism. my evaluation took 4 months. from September last year to December, and the mistake they made really cost me. they sent my certificate from the ACCA to another institution and were waiting, had it been that i ddnt follow up the tomfoolery would have gone on much longer. They were completely overwhelmed that period and instead of taking in less applications and focus on doing a proper job of the ones they had pending, they did what was best for them and only god knows how many others have the story as mine. They also sent my report 3 days later than they day they said they would. when i think back i get so sad and have a good mind to bring it to their attention but i wonder what good that'll do so im just here unsure of what my next move is to make sure that come the next FSW draw, i get an ITA, but hope.
After that there also seemed to be delays. I sent mine in in mid-December and it took 3 months to complete. And that was with me continually calling and emailing when I saw it get stalled. Very disappointing. Otherwise I wouldn't have missed that most recent general draw. They should change that 35 business day timeline thing to give applicants a more accurate idea of what they're in for, if they're overwhelmed with processing.

Anyway, what's in the past shall remain there. I remain positive to see what July brings for us FSWs. Watching closely to see what Trudeau says about the international travel restrictions expiring June 30.

Reactions: AverageIndianGuy

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
After that there also seemed to be delays. I sent mine in in mid-December and it took 3 months to complete. And that was with me continually calling and emailing when I saw it get stalled. Very disappointing. Otherwise I wouldn't have missed that most recent general draw. They should change that 35 business day timeline thing to give applicants a more accurate idea of what they're in for, if they're overwhelmed with processing.

Anyway, what's in the past shall remain there. I remain positive to see what July brings for us FSWs. Watching closely to see what Trudeau says about the international travel restrictions expiring June 30.
WES wants your money no matter what, they even posted a message to apply for evaluations in March and mentioned that candidates should ask institutions to send documents electronically even though everything was shut down. Even if they have a giant backlog, they will always tell to create account and pay the fee.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
WES wants your money no matter what, they even posted a message to apply for evaluations in March and mentioned that candidates should ask institutions to send documents electronically even though everything was shut down. Even if they have a giant backlog, they will always tell to create account and pay the fee.
They are finishing electronic submissions in less than 10 days. Sometimes in 5 days and the whole process is done.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
They are finishing electronic submissions in less than 10 days. Sometimes in 5 days and the whole process is done.
Well then it's truly unlucky that mine took almost 90 days. And that's not even because of shipping. It arrived in Toronto really quickly. It was all waiting around for processing.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
Ya you should totally go ahead and sue them. Same for me, if it were not for the laid back attitude of my agents I could’ve had my profile ready in time and through for the March 4 draw.

Reactions: hydrizxcv
Status
Not open for further replies.