Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryChapman VP

Mar 24, 2020
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
WES wants your money no matter what, they even posted a message to apply for evaluations in March and mentioned that candidates should ask institutions to send documents electronically even though everything was shut down. Even if they have a giant backlog, they will always tell to create account and pay the fee.
That’s every business model. It’s the same reason why IRCC would not outright say they have temporarily suspended the FSW draws.

Reactions: AverageIndianGuy

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
That’s every business model. It’s the same reason why IRCC would not outright say they have temporarily suspended the FSW draws.
Even if they have no intention of suspending them, it's weird to me they haven't even at least acknowledged our existence over these past 4 months. Like... just say, "We're aware there are many FSW candidates in the pool. We're trying to find ways to invite you, but unfortunately because of reasons XYZ we can't right now, but hang in there, because we do value you". Something. Anything. But nope - 0 statements about our stream.

babygigix

Mar 4, 2020
After that there also seemed to be delays. I sent mine in in mid-December and it took 3 months to complete. And that was with me continually calling and emailing when I saw it get stalled. Very disappointing. Otherwise I wouldn't have missed that most recent general draw. They should change that 35 business day timeline thing to give applicants a more accurate idea of what they're in for, if they're overwhelmed with processing.

Anyway, what's in the past shall remain there. I remain positive to see what July brings for us FSWs. Watching closely to see what Trudeau says about the international travel restrictions expiring June 30.
Im with you on this. your score is so high youll certainly get your ITA the next first FSW draw. lucky you.

Reactions: AverageIndianGuy

Akskhu

Jun 20, 2020
During such a difficult time it's very easy to get negative feelings, but we must acknowledge that we're all in the same boat here.

Everyone of us are hoping for a better future in Canada and even Canada is hoping for a better future because of us. It's a known fact that Canadian government has always acknowledged the importance of immigration in order to grow their economy.

It's not just us who is waiting for immigration to get back to full swing, so let's just all be positive and support each other in this difficult and not let the vibe of this forum get negative.

Hoping for FWS draws to resume starting July, all the best to everyone here :)

Reactions: Jo1984

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Covid numbers in America are spiraling out of control again....Sorry to but Canada will continue to keep their borders closed.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Covid numbers in America are spiraling out of control again....Sorry to but Canada will continue to keep their borders closed.

Hopefully you realize that the Canada-US land border closure is completely separate from the travel restrictions at airports for the rest of the world. Canada does not need to wait for the US to fix itself, and for that land border to reopen, to welcome tourists from other parts of the world flying into airports. Nor does it have to wait for the US to fix itself to start inviting FSW candidates who will arrive (perhaps under quarantine) over 6 months from now.

Not to mention a fair portion of Canada's GDP comes from tourists during the summer months. And its own citizens want to go overseas on vacation. And its airlines need to start flying more so they don't die. The world has to move on.

Reactions: Yemjim

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Hopefully you realize that the Canada-US land border closure is completely separate from the travel restrictions at airports for the rest of the world. Canada does not need to wait for the US to fix itself, and for that land border to reopen, to welcome tourists from other parts of the world flying into airports. Nor does it have to wait for the US to fix itself to start inviting FSW candidates who will arrive (perhaps under quarantine) over 6 months from now.
Luckily you have a high CRS....continue to save money and prepare yourself for the big move....for people in the 460s range especially if Trump wins again they might have to wait until 2023/2024

• Haha
Reactions: lone_ranger

Rebeca.hochman

Jul 25, 2019
You cannot do anything by worrying about something that is not in your control. The less you stress about this, the better your life & health will be. You did everything you can, and you still stand on the top of the pool as soon as FSW's resume. Now relax and focus on present
I read that too. French is the best way boost up the score by big number.
Yup, I agree. That is what I am doing, I currently have 468 points and I am studying French.
French can add a lot of points up to 30 I believe if you are advanced,in my case if I get extra 5 I will be happy.
In addition, there was recently a draw only for French speakers and the points were pretty low: 430.
So French is a good option.

Reactions: InternationalMallu

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yup, I agree. That is what I am doing, I currently have 468 points and I am studying French.
French can add a lot of points up to 30 I believe if you are advanced,in my case if I get extra 5 I will be happy.
In addition, there was recently a draw only for French speakers and the points were pretty low: 430.
So French is a good option.
Also it could benefit you in your daily life and career too. Maybe even open up Quebec as an option to live in. :)

Reactions: Rebeca.hochman
Status
Not open for further replies.