+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Guys, IRCC is clear on their stand. They are not gonna open their borders for at least some time (say till September). On the one hand, dudes are writing IELTS with fire and on the other hand, Canada has shut its borders.
I'm not speculating anything but one thing is very very clear. The day Canada opens its border (at least partially), that's when the CEC exclusive draws will change to "All Program draws". September should be the month when FSW draws might commence.
Until then, dudes will keep piling up in the profile with higher scores and we cannot do anything about that.
Every now and then, I keep hearing from people (FB, WhatsApp group, Forums) about their fantastic IELTS score and their updated CRS scores.
So, I can see nearly 10 to 15 dudes getting into the pool and there will be many unknowns.
Pray that "all draws" must commence soon. If not, 475 will be the new normal for sure without any doubt.
Just tweeted IRCC and got the same generic reply about inviting the CEC dudes. Hence saying all this

Reactions: InternationalMallu

Praveen32

Jun 23, 2020
Hi guys
Let’s be hopeful and positive about FSW draws .. positivity attracts good vibes ...

Just wan ask one question ..
Many in this forum have stated that IELTS and ECA evaluation has slowed down with no hopes until October 2020 for them to start issuing new reports ..

why is this ? Is it a personal opinion? Request for answers which are objective rather than being subjective ..

Reactions: joconstantine

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hi guys
Let’s be hopeful and positive about FSW draws .. positivity attracts good vibes ...

Just wan ask one question ..
Many in this forum have stated that IELTS and ECA evaluation has slowed down with no hopes until October 2020 for them to start issuing new reports ..

why is this ? Is it a personal opinion? Request for answers which are objective rather than being subjective ..
There are no definite timelines, but even before the pandemic there were many ECA providers which had suspended taking new applications because they were at overcapacity. Now you can imagine that after the pandemic, with several months of not working, the backlog is significant.

I don't know to when that translates into however, but it's reasonable to assume that there will be some delays for new applicants.

Last edited:

Praveen32

Jun 23, 2020
There are no definite timelines, but even before the pandemic there were many ECA providers which had suspended taking new applications because they were at overcapacity. Now you can imagine that after the pandemic, with several months of not working, the backlog is significant.

I don't know to when that translates into however, but it's reasonable to assume that there will some delays for new applicants.
Thank you for your response

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
What is your score?
My CRS is 481. :)
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/trudeau-canada-wont-rush-border-re-opening-despite-pressure-video-0614800.html#gs.8khq8c

Trudeau is clearly not interested to open borders, meaning we may see many more months of CEC exclusive draws
Again, this is only my analysis. Tides can turn
But I wish to be more realistic, so I can say more and more CEC exclusive draws can be expected
He's just metering his responses, as he doesn't want anyone to rush into anything. But don't forget about the Canadian airlines posting their increased international flight schedules for July. That says something, surely. We will have to wait and see.

Also, just because borders are closed to some people, doesn't mean they have to be closed to others. We could be given exemptions to enter as FSW PR recipients, subject to quarantine, if that's what the government decides it wants to do. We just have to remain hopeful that they're thinking of us, and that general draws resume really soon.
Nice! I was watching the news to see when that might happen. I'm glad they're making progress. Hopefully that means good news for us FSWs too.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
someone may have posted it here but yesterday CIC posted an article to their website that they have given COPRs to outland applicants as well. And they gave a number of 5000 (inland + outland applicants) who have been given COPRs since March 13th.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
someone may have posted it here but yesterday CIC posted an article to their website that they have given COPRs to outland applicants as well. And they gave a number of 5000 (inland + outland applicants) who have been given COPRs since March 13th.
That's great!

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Okay, let us then be more optimistic. We can set the deadline to August before which FSW draws shall resume.
Would be really sweet if tomo's draw is an FSW one.
Fingers crossed for tomo's draw

Reactions: Sunilneha

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Okay, let us then be more optimistic. We can set the deadline to August before which FSW draws shall resume.
Would be really sweet if tomo's draw is an FSW one.
Fingers crossed for tomo's draw
Sorry, I forgot to add that they also mentioned that they give the COPRs who had been issued PPRs before March 18th but were affected due to covid restrictions.

here is the link

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/ministers-answer-questions-on-canadas-immigration-system-video-0614797.html

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
Positivity and hope wont get me or anyone an ITA bruh.
I understand your frustration. Sometimes when we try really hard and do everything right, we aren't rewarded. However, do not underestimate the power of positive thinking and hope. This will spur you to try to secure an ITA in other ways. It took me 4.5 years and I started with a score of low 400s. And I had everything going against me - a single parent and 0 points for age. The secret recipe is to be realistic and practical with a generous dose of hope and optimism.

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
Guys , there could one more cec draw , as it won’t drop below 435 , as it would be completely unfair for FSWs. U I’ll see FSW draws happening soon , cec draws not happening due to border closure or others reason , it’s just to benefit cec candidates who are struggling to extend their visas , and they couldn’t get lmia as of lockdowns . This is the reason , as IRCC itself knows that a FSW candidate won’t land in Canada the next day he or she gets an ITA . Think logically

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Guys , there could one more cec draw , as it won’t drop below 435 , as it would be completely unfair for FSWs. U I’ll see FSW draws happening soon , cec draws not happening due to border closure or others reason , it’s just to benefit cec candidates who are struggling to extend their visas , and they couldn’t get lmia as of lockdowns . This is the reason , as IRCC itself knows that a FSW candidate won’t land in Canada the next day he or she gets an ITA . Think logically
If that is the case, I would say they can still provide around 1.8k just to CECs alone and the other 1.9k to FSWs. It's just my suggestion.
Neither of us are from IRCC so we cannot say anything. The govt has to decide.
Let's hope that something positive turns up soon

Status
Not open for further replies.