Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/trudeau-canada-wont-rush-border-re-opening-despite-pressure-video-0614800.html#gs.8khq8c

Trudeau is clearly not interested to open borders, meaning we may see many more months of CEC exclusive draws
Again, this is only my analysis. Tides can turn
But I wish to be more realistic, so I can say more and more CEC exclusive draws can be expected
Very few countries plan to reopen their borders too soon, including several which reported 0 new Covid-19 cases daily for more than a month.
Hopefully they will continue to ease the restrictions for certain groups, like the one that allowed the immediate members of Canadian citizens and PRs to come.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Lol, I second this. Some people are just not realistic. The cut-off for CEC draws dropped because they were CEC exclusive draws. When FSW draws resume, it will include all the streams and with the steady supply of candidates with 470+ points, I highly doubt it is going to drop to 460s anytime soon. Even before COVID-19 happened, the lowest cut-off for a very long time was 469. I really do feel sorry for those candidates who are deluded by false hope.
When CEC only, French only, Trades draws are being conducted back to back by Ontario and other provinces, most of them are flushed out and more than 90 percent of dudes in the pool will be FSW
Now, if all draws resume (maybe from tomorrow as well), dudes cannot write IELTS as you know and getting an ECA done (until October) is a mountain climbing task. Plus lot of them got laid off in this period, some of them on bench and many other job related challenges.
So considering all this, there is a great reduction in the number of candidates getting into the pool
Pre-covid scenario is a completely different one. Everyone can do what they want but it is not the case now man.
Even if one considers to move from US now, it will take upto 1 year as per the current scenario.
So yes, when the FSW draws resume, the first 2 or 3 draws will be higher but after that, not many with high score be able to join the pool as it was before.
I know many potential people who are eager to write IELTS (pencil/paper based) but just cannot write now and have put a pause on it.
So dudes who are ready (with all docs) with 460 and above, can expect ITAs by September at the max.
You can be realistic but I will be more logical.
And more than everything, more optimistic
So let's see when it happens. Why debate now
Let's really have little ray of hope

PG12

Sep 22, 2016
When CEC only, French only, Trades draws are being conducted back to back by Ontario and other provinces, most of them are flushed out and more than 90 percent of dudes in the pool will be FSW
Now, if all draws resume (maybe from tomorrow as well), dudes cannot write IELTS as you know and getting an ECA done (until October) is a mountain climbing task. Plus lot of them got laid off in this period, some of them on bench and many other job related challenges.
So considering all this, there is a great reduction in the number of candidates getting into the pool
Pre-covid scenario is a completely different one. Everyone can do what they want but it is not the case now man.
Even if one considers to move from US now, it will take upto 1 year as per the current scenario.
So yes, when the FSW draws resume, the first 2 or 3 draws will be higher but after that, not many with high score be able to join the pool as it was before.
I know many potential people who are eager to write IELTS (pencil/paper based) but just cannot write now and have put a pause on it.
So dudes who are ready (with all docs) with 460 and above, can expect ITAs by September at the max.
Correct Analysis !!

Yousafali89

Aug 26, 2019
So any predictions for the upcoming draw?
I suppose tomorrow is another draw?
Will FSW candidates be lucky this time around or would have to wait a wee bit longer?
Well the situation is almost the same. Any prediction other than pnp and cec is a false hope. We can only pray for fsw and collect as much information as possible. Let's hope for a miracle after borders opening.

Reactions: joconstantine

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
I sort of agree. If the FSW draws are resumed soon, the score will come down once the current high scorers get the invitation. But again, the question is if they'll resume the draws so soon, which seems unlikely.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
I sort of agree. If the FSW draws are resumed soon, the score will come down once the current high scorers get the invitation. But again, the question is if they'll resume the draws so soon, which seems unlikely.
Correct. You got the point.
Trudeau and Canada is extremely adamant about safeguarding the border. Canada is really not interested in opening their borders
So this is an extra bonus for CEC dudes. Expecting the cut-off the drop to a record low number of upto 380s if CEC only draws will continue till December.
But tide can turn the other way too. Who knows, even tomo, it can be a FSW draw

kunalkardam

Jan 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Well the situation is almost the same. Any prediction other than pnp and cec is a false hope. We can only pray for fsw and collect as much information as possible. Let's hope for a miracle after borders opening.
Even I like to be practical, but feeling very anxious about the whole situation due to COVID. Would be losing points in October and have no concrete update from anywhere about FSW draws resuming anytime soon.
Hoping for a miracle myself.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Bruh! This people should just give us ita, after that they can take as long as they need to open borders.... am tired of being anxious

palak63

Star Member
Jul 3, 2015
For me, I am struggling to motivate myself at the moment. I was on 473 in March; I have gotten all that I needed to get with the hope that I was getting drawn in the next round of draws then Coronavirus happened and everything went to halt. I lost 5points some weeks back so I went from a guaranteed ITA to hoping that the score plummets. It’s sickening, there’s absolutely nothing that can motivate me right now (unless of course, they resume general draws ASAP).
Hey bud. Hang in there for just a little bit longer. Now that you are at 468, the next FSW will surely be below that score is what I along with many in this forum feel. So yes as soon as the FSW is drawn, you and many up and over 465 should be good to go. Fingers crossed.

ita_drgen

Mar 11, 2020
Hi!
Just wanted to ask for advice.
I have just received the IELTS results (not the certificate, so I cannot update my profile yet) and here are my options.

If I put English (CLB 10) as my first language, than my CRS score is 523.
If I put French (CLB 8) as my first language, than my CRS score is 452. My NOC is 1242.
Should I just go the first way and wait for new FSW draws or should I go the second way and hope for a nomination for a francophone stream?

thanks in advance!

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Hi!
Just wanted to ask for advice.
I have just received the IELTS results (not the certificate, so I cannot update my profile yet) and here are my options.

If I put English (CLB 10) as my first language, than my CRS score is 523.
If I put French (CLB 8) as my first language, than my CRS score is 452. My NOC is 1242.
Should I just go the first way and wait for new FSW draws or should I go the second way and hope for a nomination for a francophone stream?

thanks in advance!
Wow!!!! 523!!! I d do fsw though...

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hey bud. Hang in there for just a little bit longer. Now that you are at 468, the next FSW will surely be below that score is what I along with many in this forum feel. So yes as soon as the FSW is drawn, you and many up and over 465 should be good to go. Fingers crossed.
Thanks buddy, for the motivation.

Reactions: palak63
Status
Not open for further replies.