+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

carantho2294

Aug 29, 2019
Hi Guys, please do share your thoughts on the queries I have since I started dreaming about Canada:

Last year applied for student visa for a PGDM program and it was rejected twice citing the reason-that I will not leave Canada at the end of my stay.
I had not shared details of my MBA since I didn’t receive my certifcate in time for my visa application

As an alternative, I completed my ECA and entered the EE pool on 31 March with 471 points.

question 1-

I would like to know if given the current Covid situation- would it be wise to apply for a student visa again for the jan intake (with 2 refusals)

Q2:
are the chances of a student visa approval higher since the gap in education is only a year now.

Q3:
Is there any information on whether the Acceptance number of student visas Has increased due to the Covid situation

thanks in advance!

cchk331

Jun 5, 2020
Sure its just few years? I thought it was a few decades.
chill out my man, i meant if they actually announced that they suspended fsw, which would mean they have completely taken fsw out of their immigrantion plan. and that would be the worst case. now its actually looking brighter because they have not taken the action to announce to shut it down. it has only been three months after all. i think they just stop doing the draws because of covid 19, it will get better when everything comes back to normal.

Reactions: PG12

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Hi Guys, please do share your thoughts on the queries I have since I started dreaming about Canada:

Last year applied for student visa for a PGDM program and it was rejected twice citing the reason-that I will not leave Canada at the end of my stay.
I had not shared details of my MBA since I didn’t receive my certifcate in time for my visa application

As an alternative, I completed my ECA and entered the EE pool on 31 March with 471 points.

question 1-

I would like to know if given the current Covid situation- would it be wise to apply for a student visa again for the jan intake (with 2 refusals)

Q2:
are the chances of a student visa approval higher since the gap in education is only a year now.

Q3:
Is there any information on whether the Acceptance number of student visas Has increased due to the Covid situation

thanks in advance!
Well, you can apply at anytime despite past record but i am not sure if Canada has made any action plans on intake of foreigners but they might do that before Jan so i will advice you to keep yourself informed regarding new developments. Australia have started welcoming students once again as foreign students make up Aussy 5th highest source of revenue. Now Canada hasn’t done enough to show the direction which they want to follow.

Gap of studies is good when it is not above 5years so yes you have a good shoot on that but Canada has a way to study SOP critically when it comes to study permit so you should work on that.
For your third question, no indication if Canada wants to admit more or less. Infant Canada is known to issue more rejection to students.
Another thing you should note is that your application is evaluated independently and despite the fact that Canada wants immigrants, you must prove to them that you will leave the country after your study and your ties home should be stronger than that abroad.
Unfortunately, this is the opposite in EE but you have to show them that you are a genuine student.

If IRCC decides not to benefit CEC applicants with ITA at this time, they are right because a study visa is not a pathway to citizenship. According to IRCC narratives.

Last edited:

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019

question 1-

Q2:

Q3:

thanks in advance!
I think it's very difficult to almost impossible to to get a student visa after you've already been refused twice unless your circumstances have changed significantly. I wouldn't bother.

You have a good score, just wait until you get an ITA.

Reactions: carantho2294

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
I think it's very difficult to almost impossible to to get a student visa after you've already been refused twice unless your circumstances have changed significantly. I wouldn't bother.

You have a good score, just wait until you get an ITA.
Not so true buddy . i have seen many people who got it in their fourth attempt.
since their reasons was him not having enough reason to return back, he can always adjust his SOP.
i am really scared that 471 might not be a very good score when draws begin .
In fact some said 2020 will be the last time we will see the 470’s get an ITA . I really hope that’s not the case . Australia are frustrating even their students who intend getting a state nomination with their new rule and those peeps might just want to switch to Canada as a safe haven considering that they can easily fly into Canada from Australia.

you and I know how immigrants navigate

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I think anyone who gets it on their fourth attempt is very lucky, the vast majority of people will simply just get rejected again. An adjustment to SOP for most people will not be enough after multiple rejections, an immigration officer will be taking a risk to approve your application after so many rejections by other officers. You would really need to provide compelling reasons.

And why be in Canada on a temporary status if you can just be a PR?

I think 471 is a decent score, i think for most FSW candidates a score above that will be difficult to obtain. I'd be confident on getting an ITA throughout the year with that score, especially as most high scoring CECs are now already out of the pool, and replenishment will probably be slow.

Last edited:

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
I think anyone who gets it on their fourth attempt is very lucky, the vast majority of people will simply just get rejected again. An adjustment to SOP for most people will not be enough after multiple rejections, an immigration officer will be taking a risk to approve your application after so many rejections by other officers. You would really need to provide compelling reasons.

And why be in Canada on a temporary status if you can just be a PR?

I think 471 is a decent score, i think for most FSW candidates a score above that will be difficult to obtain. I'd be confident on getting an ITA throughout the year with that score, especially as most high scoring CECs are now already out of the poll, and replenishment will probably be slow.
Going for a study permit does not stop your EE application from rolling. Go check CanadaVisa student forum and see for yourself.

as to if 471 is a good shot or not, we will leave that to IRCC.

don’t discourage one from trying again. There is no better application to VO.
It all depends on what they present and how it is judge by the VO. Canada does not run the USA system of visa issuance

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Didn't say you couldn't do it simultaneously, i just think the probability of success is low for a study permit after multiple rejections.

Yes, everyone is just providing their opinions here. Not sure why you're getting sensitive about it.

Haven't discouraged anyone from doing anything, i'm just providing realism on the subject, and it's better for someone not to have many visa rejections which they may have to list on applications for visas to other countries.

I'm simply saying if you get multiple rejections, your chances become much harder to eventually get a visa approved, because it means you have previously been unable to convince several visa officers that you will return to your home country after your studies. He also has a Master's now, so what he is going to apply for? A PHd? The officer will be wary about issuing a student visa to someone who already has a high level of education, who already has been refused twice.

Why put yourself in that position for third time when you have a good chance of qualifying for immigration? And clearly that's the person's main goal.

Last edited:

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Y
Didn't say you couldn't do it simultaneously, i just think the probability of success is low for a study permit after multiple rejections.

Yes, everyone is just providing their opinions here. Not sure why you're getting sensitive about it.

Haven't discouraged anyone from doing anything, i'm just providing realism on the subject, and it's better for someone not to have many visa rejections which they may have to list on applications for visas to other countries.

I'm simply saying if you get multiple rejections, your chances become much harder to eventually get a visa approved, because it means you have previously been unable to convince several visa officers that you won't return to your home country after your studies. He also has a Master's now, so what he is going to apply for? A Phd? The officer will be wary about issuing a student visa to someone who already has a high level of education, who already has been refused twice.

Why put yourself in that position for third time when you have a good chance of qualifying for immigration? And clearly that's the person's main goal.
it is alright
Your opinion is clear

BingW

May 22, 2019
I don't think CEC draws are anyhow related to VACs closed, or anything related to that. Instead, I think it's all a matter of: what will happen to someone who has their visa about to expire, and simply can't leave the country because:
1. There aren't any flights available to their country; or
2. The flights costs the same as a 2010 Civic?

And what about countries that have closed entirely their borders? How these citizens would return to their countries at all?
So, I believe CEC draws are meant to help Canada avoid that situation, where they would need to accept "illegal" people inside their territory, simply because they couldn't leave and their study/PGWS visas have expired.

So, I really believe we'll only get back to general draws once aviation reboots. Seriously, I think it's all about availability of flights.
my 2011 civic sold at $2000, the Flight price is as twice as Civic.

• Haha
Reactions: Sicilian

askele

Star Member
Feb 10, 2020
They’re even favouring CEC over FSW in application processing.

FSW candidates with AOR in march 28 haven’t received any updates, however, CEC candidates with AOR in April 15th have received updates. It is clear that FSW candidates are the lowest priority now in immigration..

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
They’re even favouring CEC over FSW in application processing.

FSW candidates with AOR in march 28 haven’t received any updates, however, CEC candidates with AOR in April 15th have received updates. It is clear that FSW candidates are the lowest priority now in immigration..
Yes
However, a friend of mine received COpr letter today but without PPR.

Status
Not open for further replies.