+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1006777

I dont think luck has anything to do with US immigration, I know I wont get my green card till 2031 or may be longer so does anyone who applied for green card, it just depends on where you are born (may be that has to do something with luck). US has its advantages and disadvantages but its a great place to live and build your life.
It's called an H1B lottery. Lottery. For a reason. The only realistic path to residence is a work visa, which is based on luck. Or hey, a diversity visa. Guess what, that's a lottery too (and I'm not eligible for it anyway, so again, bad luck yeah?). So yeah it looks to me like it does have something to do with luck.

Like I said, I loved living there, but like guelphite said, the government has gotten increasingly dysfunctional, and I don't think living in fear of losing healthcare or worse, being forced to leave becasue you lost your job (as was my case) is a life I want.

Reactions: student888

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
It's called an H1B lottery. Lottery. For a reason. The only realistic path to residence is a work visa, which is based on luck. Or hey, a diversity visa. Guess what, that's a lottery too (and I'm not eligible for it anyway, so again, bad luck yeah?). So yeah it looks to me like it does have something to do with luck.

Like I said, I loved living there, but like guelphite said, the government has gotten increasingly dysfunctional, and I don't think living in fear of losing healthcare or worse, being forced to leave becasue you lost your job (as was my case) is a life I want.
Once you are in US I dont see how it is related to luck? I do agree about H1B lottery system. When I moved to the states on work visa I know what I signed up for, I know there is a unrealistic long wait time for GC, I know I can loose my job anytime and I may have to leave the country, I know healthcare is very expensive but hey so does a million other folks just like me and still decided to move to US, life goes on.

Government has gotten increasingly dysfunctional - I dont think this will effect a common folk in any drastic means, 3 presidents changed during my stay in US and nothing really changed for me (for better or worse).

Last edited:
Reactions: cansha

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Once you are in US I dont see how it is related to luck? I do agree about H1B lottery system. When I moved to the states on work visa I know what I signed up for, I know there is a unrealistic long wait time for GC, I know I can loose my job anytime and I may have to leave the country, I know healthcare is very expensive but hey so does a million other folks just like me and still decided to move to US, life goes on.

Government has gotten increasingly dysfunctional - I dont think this will effect a common folk in any drastic means, 3 presidents changed during my stay in US and nothing really changed for me (for better or worse).
I imagine if you're a non-white immigrant with a high paying job, the US is the easiest country in the world to feel like you can blend in and just "live"? Could be wrong as I am a white US citizen by birth. But those things would be attractive to me too, when I put myself in other people's shoes... I guess it's what you value most.

student888

Jun 13, 2019
I imagine if you're a non-white immigrant with a high paying job, the US is the easiest country in the world to feel like you can blend in and just "live"? Could be wrong as I am a white US citizen by birth. But those things would be attractive to me too, when I put myself in other people's shoes... I guess it's what you value most.
I can totally attest to everything in this post. The US is incredibly welcoming (while most other English speaking countries « act » more welcoming but are more subtly discriminatory). It’s just that life on an H1-B is not easy.

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
This is a very personal thing to ask, but I'm gonna do it anyway; you don't have to answer if you don't want to.
Why are you immigrating to Canada?

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
This is a very personal thing to ask, but I'm gonna do it anyway; you don't have to answer if you don't want to.
Why are you immigrating to Canada?
No problem! I have a good job at a company with offices in both the US and Canada - I could work either place.

Trying to immigrate here is my reaction to the political instability, inequality, and lack of social support in the US. For whatever reason those things affected me more strongly and emotionally than most people I know. And despite the strengths of the US, I think the trajectory in the future is pretty negative. The country is pretty much in a cold war politically that will be very challenging to pull out of.

_frankenstein

Star Member
Nov 18, 2020
Hey guys! I'm in the pool since February and (obviously) hasn't received an invite yet. But my application got updated today! There's nothing different on the page as far as I can tell, but did anybody else get an update today/last night?

There's also this note at the top that says last update: Apr 1.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hey guys! I'm in the pool since February and (obviously) hasn't received an invite yet. But my application got updated today! There's nothing different on the page as far as I can tell, but did anybody else get an update today/last night?

There's also this note at the top that says last update: Apr 1.
Most probably a glitch, happened last year also.

Iantian

Apr 1, 2021
Hey folks! Canada is still very passionate about FSW - they are actively promoting the program in many US universities. IRCC just held an information session in my university on March 24. And during the Q&A session, IRCC staff said there will be a FSW draw soon.

2. March 24: Considering Moving to Canada? Learn About Work and Immigration Options International Student and Scholar Services has invited representatives from the Consulate General of Canada’s Immigration section to give a presentation to the UMN community. They will present information about various topics, including the process to become a Canadian via the Express Entry program and opportunities to work in Canada.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Hey folks! Canada is still very passionate about FSW - they are actively promoting the program in many US universities. IRCC just held an information session in my university on March 24. And during the Q&A session, IRCC staff said there will be a FSW draw soon.
Hey I went to the UofM! Did you get a chance to ask any details?

Iantian

Apr 1, 2021
Hey I went to the UofM! Did you get a chance to ask any details?
Go gophers! I asked will there be another FSW draw this year and they replied yes they will be one soon. To be honest I don't think this is even up to IRCC... But it's a good sign they are still taking the effort to promote FSW.

Last edited:

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Results: Rounds of invitations
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #181 – April 1, 2021

Canadian Experience Class

Number of invitations issued:

Rank required to be invited to apply: 5,000th or above

Date and time of round: April 1, 2021 at 11:04:53 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 432

Tie-breaking rule: February 16, 2021 at 09:51:22 UTC
  • If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
Footnotes
Footnote *
Candidates from the Canadian Experience Class were eligible for this round of invitations.

Mercedes2021

Star Member
Feb 6, 2021
Can you share the link of the source?

Status
Not open for further replies.