+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1006777

This is kinda surprising though. Anyone looking to work in the US, especially a student, knows how stupidly difficult it is to get a work visa, and they're all already considering Canada as a backup. What's the point of IRCC doing events there? Are they that out of touch with reality?

Iantian

Apr 1, 2021
This is kinda surprising though. Anyone looking to work in the US, especially a student, knows how stupidly difficult it is to get a work visa, and they're all already considering Canada as a backup. What's the point of IRCC doing events there? Are they that out of touch with reality?
I think it makes sense if these info sessions help contemplators to make their decision and attract people who graduated from "good" US universities. I can tell the vast majority of attendees have no idea about how EE works, judging from the questions they asked. Heck I even saw at least 2 people ask if they can do EE while being a US citizen/green card holder. LOL

D

Deleted member 1006777

I think it makes sense if these info sessions help contemplators to make their decision and attract people who graduated from "good" US universities. I can tell the vast majority of attendees have no idea about how EE works, judging from the questions they asked. Heck I saw at least 2 people ask if they can do EE while being a US citizen/green card holder. LOL
Interesting, I didn't realize people were that uninformed, since the information about express entry is so easily available and the EE system doesn't actively try to screw you over.

That being said, it's good that they haven't given up on FSW, even though I'm sure they said 'soon' in february too haha

Reactions: armitabbsn

dhruvbajaj39

Feb 19, 2021
Interesting, I didn't realize people were that uninformed, since the information about express entry is so easily available and the EE system doesn't actively try to screw you over.

That being said, it's good that they haven't given up on FSW, even though I'm sure they said 'soon' in february too haha
Doesn’t “actively” try to screw you lol

D

Deleted member 1006777

Just by virtue of some of the responses and threads created on this very forum, this is clearly not the case, at least with regards to people seeking out the relevant information.
It's all relative. That people refuse to use the search function and post the same questions over and over, doesn't mean the information isn't available. Plus, the forum itself is an example of resources available to help people out.

In contrast to this, there are issues with the OPT program in the US that even ISSS (the university department that acts as the point of contact between a student and USCIS, the US equivalent of IRCC) isn't aware of. Throughout my OPT period, there were a number of questions that they simply did not know the answers to, and their best responses were to do your best to complete the documentation and hope for the best. Even calling USCIS didn't get me relevant answers. Imagine calling an IRCC agent post ITA and them fumbling to respond to basic questions.

There are a lot of grey areas and a lack of transparency. In light of this, the express entry system is strikingly more accessible. There's no need to be a contrarian for the sake of it haha

Reactions: Melchett

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
There are a lot of grey areas and a lack of transparency. In light of this, the express entry system is strikingly more accessible. There's no need to be a contrarian for the sake of it haha
Wasn't being contrarian. Or at least wasn't trying to be. Just more so pointing out that IRCC would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't conduct the sort of outreach programs that we are currently discussing, regardless of how readily available the information on Express Entry might be. The general rule of thumb when it comes to acquisition and retention, in any organization, is to assume that the majority of segments and demographics are in fact, uninformed.

D

Deleted member 1006777

Wasn't being contrarian. Or at least wasn't trying to be. Just more so pointing out that IRCC would be shooting themselves in the foot if they didn't conduct the sort of outreach programs that we are currently discussing, regardless of how readily available the information on Express Entry might be. The general rule of thumb when it comes to acquisition and retention, in any organization, is to assume that the majority of segments and demographics are in fact, uninformed.
Fair enough.

Bottom line for the FSW folks here is that at least they aren't completely abandoning (at least for now) the FSW program in light of their recent shift towards retaining students to meet the immigration numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.