+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1006777

I can apply for an EOR on writing in hopes of increasing that to 7.5. But other than that I don't think there is anything else that I can do.
I'm doing MBA with distance education which will culminate at the end of NEXT year (when I turn 30). I've also been VERY reluctantly learning French from Duolingo for the past 10-12 months or so but I'm not any good at it yet. I don't know if I'm missing something that I need to do.

EDIT: If you don't mind me asking.. With What score are you in EE pool right now? How long have you been waiting?
Hey since you mentioned french, let me add some stuff for you. Duolingo alone will not help you. I used it as a supplement, but mostly found it to be too repetitive, and it became more of a chore than actually making the language somewhat fun. What I'm saying is that half assing with duolingo will not help you and will only make you dislike language learning more.

I do think the score will _eventually_ drop to 470, but it's going to be a long wait. It took 3.5 months last year after the CEC gap for the score to get that low.

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hello Every one.
I want to apply GCMS notes for the first time.
I am FSW Outland.
Which option is better to order GCMS?
1. THE GCMS online, or
2. APPLY GCMS?

AOR: 15th January 2021
MEP: 5th February
Biometrics pass: 11th February

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I would say its too early for GCMS notes, you wont find much useful info at this stage. Give it couple of months.
Thanks for your response. I have seen many people ordered GCMS notes with my timeline and got some information. Even, it is suggested by many that ordering GCMS sometimes proceeds application further. Thats why, I am doing this. :)

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Thanks for your response. I have seen many people ordered GCMS notes with my timeline and got some information. Even, it is suggested by many that ordering GCMS sometimes proceeds application further. Thats why, I am doing this. :)
Try to be patient early in the process with requests on IRCC - there are other people who need them more now, and FSW people like you and me are likely in for a long wait. The time for us to be pushy with IRCC might come, but not in the first 6 months after AOR.

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Try to be patient early in the process with requests on IRCC - there are other people who need them more now, and FSW people like you and me are likely in for a long wait. The time for us to be pushy with IRCC might come, but not in the first 6 months after AOR.
Okay. Got your point. Thanks :)

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
Apply for EOR and try to get those remaining 3 points. Few people have not received ITA because of 1 or even 0 points due to tie breaker rule so every point counts.

I entered the pool with 469 in Jan 2020, did not receive ITA, received invite from OINP in July, nomination in Nov and currently waiting since 4 months post AOR.
Up to this point, you are the only person who directly encouraged me to go for EOR. I asked around in facebook, reddit and even in this forum - most people say it's unnecessary for me, others say I can go for it if I have the money.

I WILL do that. I already have heard that EOR never decreases current score; it either increases or keeps it same. One or 2 people however cautioned me about a possibility where that might not be entirely true, and it -can go under. I'd like to know your thoughts on this.

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
Hey since you mentioned french, let me add some stuff for you. Duolingo alone will not help you. I used it as a supplement, but mostly found it to be too repetitive, and it became more of a chore than actually making the language somewhat fun. What I'm saying is that half assing with duolingo will not help you and will only make you dislike language learning more.

I do think the score will _eventually_ drop to 470, but it's going to be a long wait. It took 3.5 months last year after the CEC gap for the score to get that low.
I want to get serious with French-learning this time. Can you give me some pointers?

Reactions: Emman O.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Usually recommended period to order GCMS notes is 4 months after AOR, but it is upto you. FSW outland wait period is well over an year now, so most probably you will see in your GCMS notes is all stages are in progress or not started. You can call IRCC and figure out your eligibility status this should be your main conern now, security/criminality wont start for a long period for FSW.

Reactions: guelphite

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Up to this point, you are the only person who directly encouraged me to go for EOR. I asked around in facebook, reddit and even in this forum - most people say it's unnecessary for me, others say I can go for it if I have the money.

I WILL do that. I already have heard that EOR never decreases current score; it either increases or keeps it same. One or 2 people however cautioned me about a possibility where that might not be entirely true, and it -can go under. I'd like to know your thoughts on this.
I don't think the score will drop but I am not 100% sure. You should book another test either way and get try to get CLB10 in all modules, with CD test, you will get results in 5 days which way faster than EOR.

D

Deleted member 1006777

I want to get serious with French-learning this time. Can you give me some pointers?
I could give you my entire process but that won't help you much at this stage. Your best bet would be to take intensive classes at your local alliance francaise if you have one. Depending on your country, this could be a bit expensive. The A1 intensive cost me $1200 when I lived in the US. More affordable would be to find a tutor on italki. They'll be one hour lessons and it'll be upto you to put in at least an hour a day outside of classes. Then use an app like tandem for language exchange. It is fairly difficult to find dedicated conversation partners, but you need to start speaking as soon as possible.

Given that you're already 470, you can get away with a low B2 which would give you 12 extra points. A high B2 gets you 62 points, there is no in between. I started from scratch and was ready to pass the exam after 9 months. The last 3 of thsoe were just to cross the high B2 barrier. So it is very realistic for you to be able to get to a low B2 in 5ish months. However, I did study for 2-3 hours a day, and used my spare time listening to french podcasts, doing vocabulary flashcards etc. If you want me to get into more depth, I'd be happy to help, but I don't want to hijack this thread.

Edit: There's also a post somewhere of someone, a mother with a young child, who worked fulltime, and passed the exam after 6 months of starting. That post was my inspiration to start learning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hey man, I didn't see any updates apart from biometrics with I was finally able to give on 1st March, ordered GCMS notes, hoping to receive them by 1st week of May. What about you?
Oh okay. Got MEP/BIL on 1st of February. Submitted my biometrics on 4th February.

Called IRCC two weeks ago to confirm my visa office after I got an update email. Agent told me eligiblity, medicals and criminality are all passed. Info sharing also complete but background checks is still on-going. My application is with Sydney, NS.

FurioGiunta

Nov 18, 2020
Some good news regarding vaccines!
https://globalnews.ca/news/7728498/canada-pfizer-vaccine-delivery-june/
Pfizer has advanced the delivery schedule for Canada. It looks like every adult who wants a vaccine will get the first shot by end of June, and possibly fully vaccinated by end of July, depending on the availability. Combine that with J&J vaccines arriving next month, September (which was the promised deadline) sounds like a very conservative estimate for every adult to get vaccinated. Also note that a recent study showed that just the first shot of pfizer is about 80% effective after 2 weeks. So cases (and certainly hospitalizations and deaths) should start dropping steeply from mid summer. Look at how well Israel is doing, that's a sign of things to come in Canada.

What does this mean for FSW draws?
Since FSW draws seem to be tied to border closures, which in turn are tied to the success of the vaccines, it looks like there is a very good chance FSW draws will start in the next 2-3 months (assuming they start FSW draws once they anticipate the borders to open in the near future).

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
It feels weird that at this point I'm equally worried, if not more, for vaccinations in Canada than in my country where my family lives.
This is good news indeed. Last year there was a 4 month gap from March to July, for FSW draws and cut off got catapulted to near 480.
It took 3 whole months for the score to come near 470 and 2 more months after that to go below 470.

There hasn't been any draws since December last year and it's been 3 months without an FSW draw.
God knows what the opening and the consecutive cut-offs will be this time. I hope they pull a stunt for FSW folks, like they did for CEC candidates.

Last edited:

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
It feels weird that at this point I'm equally worried, if not more, for vaccinations in Canada than in my country where my family lives.
This is good news indeed. Last year there was a 4 month gap from March to July, for FSW draws and cut off got catapulted to near 480.
It took 3 whole months for the score to come near 470 and 2 more months after that to go below 470.

There hasn't been any draws since December last year and it's been 3 months without an FSW draw.
God knows what the opening and the consecutive cut-offs will be this time. I hope the pull a stunt for FSW folks, like they did for CEC candidates.
I understand you. I am always actively monitoring their cases, number of people vaccinated and vaccine deliveries like i live in Canada. At some point, i'll have to redirect my energy to something positive.

Reactions: robotx
Status
Not open for further replies.