+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Well, there are a lot of Indians from the U.S on H1-B visas who are jumping ship there because of the restrictions, in addition to those who are applying from India directly.

If Trump doesn't get re-elected, that number will fall.

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Immigration is between Canada and your country, so it doesn't matter how good is it in Canada...(If I come from COVID-19 top 3 country, do you want me to live with you?)

If you country is still falling under top 30 of COVID-19 or raising rapidly...expect to land in Canada after 2022

Set your dream to reality now
I agree with you. It doesn't look good for India, Brazil, America, China or South Africa. I read reports where South Africa is covering up their numbers thats why the government of Canada is not leaving anything to chance.

Last edited:

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Gents, I'm kind of panicking. I will receive my official grad degree in mid october 2020, which is when I can apply for FSWP. My PGWP wil alsol only be valid until mid september 2021. I don't qualify for CEC or PNP unfortunately, so I'm waiting for the FSWP to open back up.
My score will be exactly 480 once I receive my degree, which I'm not worried about. I'm mainly worried about the increase in processing time. AFAIK, it used to be 6-7 months at most. Now 6 months is the minimum.
Someone please set me straight here, am I panicking over nothing? Is 11 months plenty of time for my PR to be processed and issued?
The reason I'm worried is because I have a car, furniture and a girfriend here that I don't want to leave behind if any unexpected delays do happen
If you're within Canada, you will have options to extend your stay (like BOWP, Visit visa, etc) from within Canada itself. Once you leave the country, it gets much harder. If you graduate in Canada, you automatically get eligible for a PGWP, work for 1 year in Canada and then apply under CEC. You can have your FSW EE application submitted while you're working in Canada, and 1 year after that put in a new/second application for CEC as well I believe. You will have the option to extend your PGWP with a BOWP as long as you have an "AOR" on file. I believe the only thing stopping you from applying under both CEC & FSW is when you receive your PR you need to withdraw the other application. But i say "I believe" because i can't source where i read this part.

jrossi

Jan 13, 2020
IRCC just released its annual report to show the demographics of who got ITAs in 2019. It’s an interesting read to see which NOCs got invited the most, EE program distribution, nationalities, age range, etc. I think one glaring reason that the CRS scores shoot up towards the end of 2019 is the number of ITAs that were issued, IRCC was limiting the ITAs to 3600 or lesser every draw. As compared to this year where it’s always 3900 ITAs (CEC + PNP) every other week. So hoping they’ll continue issuing 3900 ITAs once all program draws resume.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/2019-ee-report-pdfversion-eng.pdf
Crazy numbers, I'll definitely will dive deeper into all of that data to properly understand and model future predictions once FSW draws return. Having the proportion of FSW and CECs in each draw is a very valuable information to properly understand the pool distribution.

Reactions: InternationalMallu
Status
Not open for further replies.