+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Who said so. No job offer needed.
You will get a job search visa if you score above 160 points.
A friend of mine calculated and found that he was above 160 (with his spouse) -> Submitted an EOI ->Got ITA -> Submitted all his docs -> after 9 months got JSV (Job Search Visa) -> Went there and got a job (IT) -> Converted the JSV to Residence visa (with spouse and 4 year old kid) -> Settled well in Christchurch and now moving to Brisbane (Intra company transfer).
He tried to move to Canada (with EE profile - 442) by sept but as CRS was soaring, he went through this route and is well set now under god's grace
God idea, am not IT, so, getting a job of my profile would be a qstn mark.... Plus if i marry now, i will lose points for Canada...lol....

Its all F*ckd up.... Haha

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Lol,
They asking for 90 points in a system that people like us can score max of 85. I studied there and have max english, i could only score 80....
Kind of impossible...
I didn't even study there and I scored 85.

They changed their rules last year in November so you need to check it out again. If you are unmarried you can score another 10 points.

Reactions: Mandeepchadha85

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
At this rate I wont be surprised if the scores go as low as 380, fulfilling the quota is the only thing IRCC cares about.

Last edited:

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Can you please provide a source for the cut-offs? I'm looking into this for the first time and wondering if, like Canada, they show how many people are in the pool and how many points they have etc? Also, my understanding is that they also have quotas for each occupation - is this correct?
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/invitation-rounds

They dont show how many people in the pool like that, but if u have 85+ u are safe. There is this firm on fb they provide best insights: iscah migration

Occupation ceilings are there, but for last two years its not met. They kind of only invite hifi profiles lately. I stuck in the system for a while. And again am here, i have prepared for the worst, but then covid came.....

kuangnam

Aug 25, 2018
At this rate I wont be surprised the scores go as low as 380, fulfilling the quota is the only thing IRCC cares about.
Totally agree, they will focus on ultilizing CEC candidates and push the score down to 380 area, I believe at that point you only need CLB 4 or 5 to get ITA? So tempting :D

Catnat

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skillselect/invitation-rounds

They dont show how many people in the pool like that, but if u have 85+ u are safe. There is this firm on fb they provide best insights: iscah migration

Occupation ceilings are there, but for last two years its not met. They kind of only invite hifi profiles lately. I stuck in the system for a while. And again am here, i have prepared for the worst, but then covid came.....
Thanks for the info. Looks like they are choosing people from the tech and financial sectors these days. Also looks like they don't accept anywhere near the level of immigrants that Canada does... :/

Reactions: AverageIndianGuy

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
What's the consensus opinion on this forum about the next FSW draw date?
- Not this year?
- Late August?
- Late 2020?

hydrizxcv

Star Member
Jan 16, 2020
not until the whole Canada goes to phrase 3 of reopening ...

They will also ban certain high risk countries for entering too ... if your country fall into top 30 of COVID... don’t expect to come to Canada anytime soon
Thanks, currently I am on an H1B visa in the USA. My priority is not to enter Canada but to get the ITA.
I am waiting for the ITA. If they ban travel from the USA, can I travel to Canada from India?

Late August if there are promising vaccine results and how strong can economy bounce gap. If not it will be next year.
Thanks for your reply. May I know why you say if not for August then it's 2021 and why not Late 2020? Any particular reason or just intuition?

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Thanks, currently I am on an H1B visa in the USA. My priority is not to enter Canada but to get the ITA.
I am waiting for the ITA. If they ban travel from the USA, can I travel to Canada from India?

Thanks for your reply. May I know why you say if not for August then it's 2021 and why not Late 2020? Any particular reason or just intuition?
It is people's guesses. Nobody really knows when it opens up. My own personal guess is that they should start having FSWs by August or September because most of Canada is in phase 2 of opening up. But then again, it is a hunch.

All I know is that most people here in Canada don't want the border with the US opening up. Although funnily enough you can fly into the US from Canada but can't take the land route.

Status
Not open for further replies.