+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
not until the whole Canada goes to phrase 3 of reopening ...

They will also ban certain high risk countries for entering too ... if your country fall into top 30 of COVID... don’t expect to come to Canada anytime soon
This is correct. These guys are politicians and they only think about not hurting the chances of their parties in future elections. Canadians wants to be protected and these politicians want their votes.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I am saying FSW draws are done for. They will not conduct another FSW draw until 2021 at best or 2022 realistically in my opinion
Lol, ok, sorry, my bad. I thought you meant FSW draw was done and not CEC.

2022 might be stretching it.

In my personal opinion it might start in 2020 (Aug-Sep). Maybe if things don't work out well then maybe it goes into 2021. But 2022, no way.

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
@aj534160

Replying to
@CitImmCanada
Dear IRCC Have some humanity and kindly let us know when FSW draws will begin. If it will take time, pls let us know of it. We can focus on other venues rather than being obsessed with this & anticipating something positive every14th day. Kindly understand our concern and help us
8:44 PM · Jun 24, 2020·Twitter for Android

Replying to
@aj534160
Hi. We aren’t going to speculate on future rounds. You can use our Come to Canada tool to check if there are other programs you are eligible for: https://canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html…
6:05 PM · Jun 25, 2020·Freshdesk
Not giving a definitive answer means that it is never happening and besides the people who run the twitter account has no idea whats going on.

mushthaq33

Jun 24, 2020
What's the consensus opinion on this forum about the next FSW draw date?
- Not this year?
- Late August?
- Late 2020?
Guys, I'm new to this forum. I would like to give some background about our profile. Me and my wife are in the pool with 467 points. And we both are currently doing an MBA with only the thesis pending. It will be over by end of November 2020 which will take our score to 476 after ECA.

My gut feeling is that the IRCC might conduct 10 CEC + PNP draws altogether (two more draws) and then start the all programs draw from 5th of August 2020. Again this is just my gut feeling :) Let's be hopeful.. :)

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
not until the whole Canada goes to phrase 3 of reopening ...

They will also ban certain high risk countries for entering too ... if your country fall into top 30 of COVID... don’t expect to come to Canada anytime soon
I don't think they will do it by that index because they are also amongst the top 30.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Thanks, currently I am on an H1B visa in the USA. My priority is not to enter Canada but to get the ITA.
I am waiting for the ITA. If they ban travel from the USA, can I travel to Canada from India?

Thanks for your reply. May I know why you say if not for August then it's 2021 and why not Late 2020? Any particular reason or just intuition?
Its part intuition and part analysis (both can be wrong), we have to remember its not just Canada getting better and ready to re-open but the whole world needs to get better (at least countries with high immigration rate like India, China etc). 1 crack in the pot can cause it to break entirely so Canada wont take that chance. As few folks mentioned giving an ITA is a commitment from IRCC (means they have to start working on it). We are seeing major improvements in the vaccine department so lets just hope that works well and everything goes back to normal.

Also dont give into fool's hope its not the right choice at the moment. Be vigilant and ready for any kind of situation.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
To add I still believe there is pretty high unemployment. This information is anecdotal at best but a lot of my friends in Alberta still haven’t found employment and my one friend who was still employed during the pandemic had his hours slashed massively. Things will take a while to get better though by the time they do FSW will be really competitive.

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
To add I still believe there is pretty high unemployment. This information is anecdotal at best but a lot of my friends in Alberta still haven’t found employment and my one friend who was still employed during the pandemic had his hours slashed massively. Things will take a while to get better though by the time they do FSW will be really competitive.
It’s not about employment

Status
Not open for further replies.