+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Guys could you shed some light on what constitutes to a faster processing of PR after submitting the documents? Is it the number and nature of documents? Or the Country? Or the kind of profile it is?

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
They would have mentioned that you cannot travel, Right ?

Now you submit passport and get CoPR, thats the process right ?
Yes, there is a paragraph in the letter that says you need to keep yourself informed about travel restrictions and the COPR is for when you can travel. We need to upload copies of passports to our online account (as we wouldn't need a visa) and post photos to the local VO. Our medical was in August, so fingers crossed things will be better by then.

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Guys could you shed some light on what constitutes to a faster processing of PR after submitting the documents? Is it the number and nature of documents? Or the Country? Or the kind of profile it is?
Honestly, I spent the past month trying to read every single thread on the forum and come up with an answer to this question. I still don't know what it is. I like to think that my documents were clear and I explained everything that wasn't 100% clear, but I don't know if it was that.

My NOC is 1123 (marketing, so not exactly a priority). I saw applicants from all over the world get PPR quickly (e.g. applicants from Pakistan, Nigeria, Singapore, all with an August AOR).

It's so, so hard to tell...

Reactions: Pyruvate1

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Honestly, I spent the past month trying to read every single thread on the forum and come up with an answer to this question. I still don't know what it is. I like to think that my documents were clear and I explained everything that wasn't 100% clear, but I don't know if it was that.

My NOC is 1123 (marketing, so not exactly a priority). I saw applicants from all over the world get PPR quickly (e.g. applicants from Pakistan, Nigeria, Singapore, all with an August AOR).

It's so, so hard to tell...
Yeah, Jo and I have been having conversations privately about this, because we're both trying to figure it out, haha!

I have the same 1123 NOC, any I got my AoR on 10 July. And my application is still processing in Ottawa. I live in South Africa. So, it's really confusing how they decide which to complete and which not to. If it's even a decision - maybe it's just random luck. But it's important that we're happy with each others progress, and celebrate other wins as well as our own. :D

GurpreetKalra23

Aug 31, 2020
Yes, there is a paragraph in the letter that says you need to keep yourself informed about travel restrictions and the COPR is for when you can travel. We need to upload copies of passports to our online account (as we wouldn't need a visa) and post photos to the local VO. Our medical was in August, so fingers crossed things will be better by then.
So at PPR, process is over for now ?

There is no stamping at VFS ? Sorry just trying to understand

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
So at PPR, process is over for now ?

There is no stamping at VFS ? Sorry just trying to understand
It's just because we do not require a visa in our passports to visit Canada. So all we have to send is our photos and copies of our passport id pages. Then the COPR should be sent to us, hopefully soon.

It's the standard process, just without sending the actual passports.

BlindGoku

Jul 9, 2020
It's just because we do not require a visa in our passports to visit Canada. So all we have to send is our photos and copies of our passport id pages. Then the COPR should be sent to us, hopefully soon.

It's the standard process, just without sending the actual passports.
Hey @Jo1984 !

So if I understand correctly, if you are from a country that doesn't need a visa to enter Canada, you don't need to physically send your passport to a Visa office? For my country, we only require an ETA rather than a visa when visiting.
Just wondering if it will be the same for me in a few months when I get PPR.

Congrats on this milestone!!

Reactions: GurpreetKalra23

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hey @Jo1984 !

So if I understand correctly, if you are from a country that doesn't need a visa to enter Canada, you don't need to physically send your passport to a Visa office? For my country, we only require an ETA rather than a visa when visiting.
Just wondering if it will be the same for me in a few months when I get PPR.

Congrats on this milestone!!
Yes, correct :) I need to read the message a few more time, but they are asking for copies of passports to be uploaded online (need to figure out how to do that). Only the photos need posting.

It should be the same for you.

Thank you :) Wish you luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.