+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Issygn

Feb 16, 2020
Funny enough, IRCC has maintained 3900 invitations in every rounds since the pause of FSW.I wish it was same when FSW was happening

Reactions: jrossi

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
https://globalnews.ca/news/7054996/ottawa-immigration-process-revamp/

Probably something would be announced soon, hopefully by end of this month.
Let's hope for the best!
Thank you for posting this. This is a great news article that has its roots in the questions we have had as FSWs. It makes me believe all the more that this pause on FSW draws is linked to border closures and visa office closures. As soon as we see more of those opening up (and they already are beginning to), we should have positive outcomes in terms of general draws. I just hope that Canada isn't waiting for all of them to reopen, cause waiting for the rest of the world to reopen could take ages, and doesn't seem to be a clever strategy.

On a separate note, this article is interesting: https://dailyhive.com/mapped/air-transat-resuming-operations-july.
It seems they've just decided to resume operations on a particular date, despite the government not announcing resumption of travel? Either they know something we don't, or they're trying to hint to the government that they need this. Either way, that seems very positive too.

Perhaps there really is hope for us in these next few draws.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
I would not conclude that. Instead they are currently inviting CEC candidates just to keep the process going on. In the bigger picture they are planning to revamp EE, maybe in terms of less people - officer contact meaning they may skip the biometric step or do the biometrics when one lands. Also they could be revamping the system to request for passport photos in the CoPR email and just handout PR cards or PR Travel Document before one lands physically in Canada, meaning in theory the landing could take place at the respective High Commission/Embassy. (This is what they are doing for inland CoPR - read on few threads on this forum).

All in all I think they too are realizing that something need to be done. So let us not say that they have forgotten about us FSW candidates. : )
Don't get me wrong. My statement was in the support of FSW candidates actually (I am one). I just wanted to chip in my opinion why IRCC din conduct FSW draws recently, and the fact that Canada is still trying to meet their annual target proves that they will not stop immigration forever. Even in the toughest times, all they did was to keep the wheel turning and the process running.

There are 3 biggest questions:
1. Will Canada stop immigration altogether? -> No, with my arguments above.

2. Will Canada stop FSW immigration? -> I don't think so and I hope not. Instead, they might have been working on some plan to benefits all groups of candidates based on the information you provided.

3. When will general draws resume? We don't know for sure. I hope they will come soon, too and I can't wait for that to happen.

Still. They have been inviting low-scored CEC candidates, so... quantity... *cough*... quality. Hahhaa

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
If they don't see economic benefits, then immigration will just continue. Originally they targeted large immigration numbers till 2020 but now it is till 2022.
I believe they won't change the targets. This year's number has been tremendously affected by Covid-19. There is a chance they will even increase subsequent years targets to catch up.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I believe they won't change the targets. This year's number has been tremendously affected by Covid-19. There is a chance they will even increase subsequent years targets to catch up.
Yeah, I feel the same way. The fact remains, not only are there people dying in Canada (no offense), but there are constantly people emigrating from Canada, to places like the US. Canada's birthrate is low. It has relied on skilled immigration for years to fuel its economy, and nothing has changed in that regard. So, I am still very positive towards us FSWs. We have huge economic potential for benefiting Canada once we arrive.

Reactions: joconstantine

hamhk202

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
I believe that canada needs more emigrants than aspirants from inside the country because they bring much more money and due to the recent economic predicament, they would invite them from the pool as soon as possible

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Don't get me wrong. My statement was in the support of FSW candidates actually (I am one). I just wanted to chip in my opinion why IRCC din conduct FSW draws recently, and the fact that Canada is still trying to meet their annual target proves that they will not stop immigration forever. Even in the toughest times, all they did was to keep the wheel turning and the process running.

There are 3 biggest questions:
1. Will Canada stop immigration altogether? -> No, with my arguments above.

2. Will Canada stop FSW immigration? -> I don't think so and I hope not. Instead, they might have been working on some plan to benefits all groups of candidates based on the information you provided.

3. When will general draws resume? We don't know for sure. I hope they will come soon, too and I can't wait for that to happen.

Still. They have been inviting low-scored CEC candidates, so... quantity... *cough*... quality. Hahhaa
I agree with this. If FSW draws were to be stopped altogether or postponed for a long period of time (e.g. until 2021), then IRCC would have to announce that. You cannot have people submit profiles for a stream that does not exist anymore or has been suspended indefinitely.

Logically, what makes the most sense right now is that they don't know either when FSW draws will resume. Decisions are probably made shortly before a new draw and, therefore, it is very difficult to make any concrete announcements or give us some sort of timeline.

Just my thoughts...The article posted above is really helpful and it matches an interview I recently watched - a conversation between the Immigration Minister and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce (I think), where he said that the question is not if people will continue to immigrate, but rather how they will do it. This links with the revamp of their processes mentioned in the article.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I agree with this. If FSW draws were to be stopped altogether or postponed for a long period of time (e.g. until 2021), then IRCC would have to announce that. You cannot have people submit profiles for a stream that does not exist anymore or has been suspended indefinitely.

Logically, what makes the most sense right now is that they don't know either when FSW draws will resume. Decisions are probably made shortly before a new draw and, therefore, it is very difficult to make any concrete announcements or give us some sort of timeline.

Just my thoughts...The article posted above is really helpful and it matches an interview I recently watched - a conversation between the Immigration Minister and the Canadian Chamber of Commerce (I think), where he said that the question is not if people will continue to immigrate, but rather how they will do it. This links with the revamp of their processes mentioned in the article.
I hope they don't launch such a radically new process that suddenly all our documents are invalid, or our profiles have to be redone on some other system. I doubt it.

Reactions: lone_ranger

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I hope they don't launch such a radically new process that suddenly all our documents are invalid, or our profiles have to be redone on some other system. I doubt it.
I also doubt it. Sounds like the new procedures have more to do with the actual processing of applications. The profiles themselves are pretty straightforward already, the online submission is fairly smooth.

muspal

Jun 1, 2019
Rationally, I know FSW will resume. But emotionally, I don't like the fact that the Canadian government thinks we are not worthy of even a measly update on the status of FSW PR applications. I have studied and worked in the UK, am an AVP in a financial firm, can contribute positively to the Canadian economy, have checked for vacancies in my chosen career in Canadian firms and I know French! What more do they expect of us?! :(
No one is saying that suddenly FSW are not qualified or not, it's simply bad luck for us. While I agree with the general sentiment that there should be an update, the fact of the matter is that the current situation is so uncertain & unique that no one has any answers. This is like asking when will the pandemic end? No one can answer that. That's why there has been no official response. They simply do not know and from their POV immigration isn't the biggest and most pressing issue they face.
I'm an FSW candidate as well and want nothing more than things to go back to normal. The thing I'm truly afraid of is a relatively long term (1-2 year) dent or gap in the FSW program because that would score me out forever due to age. At this point it's not just the travel restrictions, it's also the Canadian economy and public sentiment that's a question mark. As for when the FSW draws will resume, I don't think they'll resume even in July. For once, I pray to god i'm proven wrong!

Reactions: Tanglechuu

Jo1984

Star Member
Jun 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
No one is saying that suddenly FSW are not qualified or not, it's simply bad luck for us. While I agree with the general sentiment that there should be an update, the fact of the matter is that the current situation is so uncertain & unique that no one has any answers. This is like asking when will the pandemic end? No one can answer that. That's why there has been no official response. They simply do not know and from their POV immigration isn't the biggest and most pressing issue they face.
I'm an FSW candidate as well and want nothing more than things to go back to normal. The thing I'm truly afraid of is a relatively long term (1-2 year) dent or gap in the FSW program because that would score me out forever due to age. At this point it's not just the travel restrictions, it's also the Canadian economy and public sentiment that's a question mark. As for when the FSW draws will resume, I don't think they'll resume even in July. For once, I pray to god i'm proven wrong!
According to this article, a lower level of immigration would be bad for the economy, even now:

https://thoughtleadership.rbc.com/covid-19-derails-canadian-immigration/

If there was to be a 1-2 year gap in the FSW draws, I stick to what I said before: they'd have to announce it. They have announced it for the IEC programme (saying that invitation rounds are currently on hold), so don't see why they would not do the same for FSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.