Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hopefully it wont be a long thread
Yup, here's hoping this is an extremely short thread. :) I have no idea whether to be positive about July. Certain things seem to be opening up throughout June, so... maybe.
Can you guide me? How can I apply PR for canada?
The best thing to use is the government-published Express Entry guide, which you can find here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/before-you-start.html.

• Haha
Reactions: ca520

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Good spot. Yes, hopefully that means more normality in July. :)
I got this link from a study group, some students are really frustrated that they paid fees for fall 2020 session which is online but cannot attend it without a valid study permit.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Oh really? Hmm... that makes me concerned it'll just keep being postponed.
Exactly mate, so it's better to not expect anything henceforth. Whenever they feel it's safe to do the draws, just be best prepared. I have decided to take my mind off this for a while.

I lost 5points some days ago but I can still get 6points from IELTS. But guess what? I won't even take the IELTS test until they start doing the draws again. I know I can get to 474 but I'm currently on 468. Once the general draws resume, I'll take the CBT IELTS and get my results in 5-7days. I'm not motivated to take anything right about now.

|l|R|l|

May 6, 2018
the fact that i had 468 since jan 2019 but was lazy to start the application soon enough to catch a draw pisses the hell out of me... it is what it is.. hopefully july/august will bring positive outcomes.

• Haha
Reactions: ca520

cck1986

May 8, 2020
Especially after multiple factors were pointing towards and all program draw this time.
EE is based on a mathematical model - the higher the score the better the candidate (i'm not commenting on any person just talking about the model)

I cant seem to understand that when you have thousands of high scoring candidates then why drop the score to 430 level?????

If covid 19 is an issue then due to the delayed processing of applications FSW candidates will not be able to land in canada before a year!
I believe COVID19 turned out to be a game changer for many..in a positive way for few and in a negative way for few regarding ITAs issued. I believe they are concentrating on people who are already in Canada instead of suspending the program altogether..
A person in Canada, has more realistic chance of getting a job when things start getting normal.
An FSW candidate, assume they get an ITA, we don't know how many countries are functioning properly and will be able to submit the required documents.. Example One country PCC which you normally get in 2 to 3 weeks, you get only after 6 weeks as timelines are changed.. So like this there are many issues.
Having said that I hope things start to become normal and FSW draw happens atleast by july

lone_ranger

Star Member
Jan 21, 2016
Exactly mate, so it's better to not expect anything henceforth. Whenever they feel it's safe to do the draws, just be best prepared. I have decided to take my mind off this for a while.

I lost 5points some days ago but I can still get 6points from IELTS. But guess what? I won't even take the IELTS test until they start doing the draws again. I know I can get to 474 but I'm currently on 468. Once the general draws resume, I'll take the CBT IELTS and get my results in 5-7days. I'm not motivated to take anything right about now.
What's your NOC?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hi FSW fellows,
Let's keep watching out for updates and keep each other posted on several matters that can link to the resume of general draws:
- The reopening of Canadian VOs.
- When current FSW applicants start receiving COPRs.
- Lifting of travel restrictions.

In my personally opinion about the change of twitter reply messages earlier this month, probably IRCC had planned to resume general draws in June. However, they quickly changed their plan, resulting in continuing the old "we aren't going to speculate..." message. The change of plan could be linked to the extension of suspension of normal processing as well. My point is that FSW draws won't be stopped forever nor suspended for long.

Hope to see some good news in the coming days.

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
I guess everything will go back to normal when IRCC starts to receive temporary visa application (visitor, work, student permit...).

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hi all,
Since we have a good number of candidates here, what can we do collectively to get an official update rather than indefinitely waiting around?
A group tweets to IRCC, or tweets IRCC minister, or email to department/minister, or email to Prine Minister....
Pls contribute any idea and lets try to get a clear picture.....

Reactions: palak63
Status
Not open for further replies.