Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
If we look at statistics the average daily cases of Covid-19 have been decreasing in Canada. Current figures say that daily cases are at 467 and this is following a downward trend.
If this trend continues through June i believe by 10-15th of July Canada will be able to eliminate Covid-19.

(keep in mind the peak in Canada was 2706 cases daily)

Sunilneha

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Wow! That is ridiculous! I was concerned about my university admin delaying mine, and they sent them really quickly. Was that university of yours generally bad with admin? Very disappointing - I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that.

I know how it feels to have missed the 4th March draw because of WES. They took longer than the normal timeline for my ECA, for reasons I still don't understand. I kept having to call them to find out the status, and when I pressed them, then the report moved along. And yet still they took long and I got my ECA on 7 March.

Same here. I had high hopes for June for whatever reason, and now the pattern continues, and we've not got any updates from Trudeau or IRCC. It's such a shame, cause there are some really qualified FSW candidates here who just want a chance at an ITA. And to finally start the processing of an application that's bound to take many months to complete.

Maybe it really is just the fact that Canadian embassies and high commissions aren't in full operation around the world yet. Or some VACs being closed. We should all look for news on reopening of those things and post it here.
Ya, you are right

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Thanks buddy! Really looking for some positivity.
Let me share my story with you...
I had requested my university in India to send in my transcripts to WES Canada in the month of November through the university's website. I paid the fee and received an email saying "application received transcripts will be sent in 15 working days".
I had done my bit and it was now time to wait and relax.

Come December my transcripts were still not sent to WES!

I called my university multiple times and begged them to send my transcripts and the management would always say "we will send it this week positively".

Even after 100s of calls and emails January started and yet my transcripts were no where to be found....

So in January i finally decided to take a flight and go to my university and ask them in person to send in my transcripts. It took me a week to even meet the concerned person for this job. After requesting the guy multiple times finally in February my transcripts reached WES.

It was a frustrating task!

Now because of this DELAY my WES report was delayed and i missed the 4th March all program draw and then we all know how COVID-19 messed up the world
Well, the simple way to do these tasks is to pay the focal person some amount as well. The task would be done even before 15 days without the hassle of traveling

Sunilneha

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi all,
Since we have a good number of candidates here, what can we do collectively to get an official update rather than indefinitely waiting around?
A group tweets to IRCC, or tweets IRCC minister, or email to department/minister, or email to Prine Minister....
Pls contribute any idea and lets try to get a clear picture.....
U r right... we can do this to get a clear picture....

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hi all,
Since we have a good number of candidates here, what can we do collectively to get an official update rather than indefinitely waiting around?
A group tweets to IRCC, or tweets IRCC minister, or email to department/minister, or email to Prine Minister....
Honestly, they wouldn't care if a large group of FSW inland candidates goes and protests in front of PM's office, no point in doing this.

Reactions: kolkata2019

cancan90

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020
Hi all,
That won't help anyway. They don't owe us anything. they have their policies to follow.

Reactions: cchk331

jesse1120

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Rationally, I know FSW will resume. But emotionally, I don't like the fact that the Canadian government thinks we are not worthy of even a measly update on the status of FSW PR applications. I have studied and worked in the UK, am an AVP in a financial firm, can contribute positively to the Canadian economy, have checked for vacancies in my chosen career in Canadian firms and I know French! What more do they expect of us?! :(

Reactions: nns14

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Rationally, I know FSW will resume. But emotionally, I don't like the fact that the Canadian government thinks we are not worthy of even a measly update on the status of FSW PR applications. I have studied and worked in the UK, am an AVP in a financial firm, can contribute positively to the Canadian economy, have checked for vacancies in my chosen career in Canadian firms and I know French! What more do they expect of us?! :(
To be honest i can understand why draws have been suspended but is asking for some clarity wrong?
All we need is closure and an end to this period of uncertainty.

Reactions: jesse1120

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Reactions: jesse1120

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
It seems Canada is trying hard to “meet” their targets with The quantity being more important to them than quality.
If they don't see economic benefits, then immigration will just continue. Originally they targeted large immigration numbers till 2020 but now it is till 2022.

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
It seems Canada is trying hard to “meet” their targets with The quantity being more important to them than quality.
I would not conclude that. Instead they are currently inviting CEC candidates just to keep the process going on. In the bigger picture they are planning to revamp EE, maybe in terms of less people - officer contact meaning they may skip the biometric step or do the biometrics when one lands. Also they could be revamping the system to request for passport photos in the CoPR email and just handout PR cards or PR Travel Document before one lands physically in Canada, meaning in theory the landing could take place at the respective High Commission/Embassy. (This is what they are doing for inland CoPR - read on few threads on this forum).

All in all I think they too are realizing that something need to be done. So let us not say that they have forgotten about us FSW candidates. : )

Status
Not open for further replies.