Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
You've been the "pioneer" of this new batch of FSW candidates.
Will we know if we have passed the eligibility test?
That's kind! I'm so happy I can share my experience with everyone.
Yes, we'll see in the profile under the first section - "Review of eligibility".
that section in your profile together with the background check won’t get updated with dates until you receive a final decision. The best way to check the progress after MEP/BIL is to call IRCC or raise a webform or order your GCMS notes.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Thank you! :) I am happy to see that, thus far, the processing time has been what I expected before COVID. That is good news not only for me, but for all of us. My application, as far as I know, is a very straightforward one. So, perhaps mine will even go a bit quicker. But it's so nice to see things moving along. I will update the steps in my signature as I go.
Where's your Visa Office?

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
that section in your profile together with the background check won’t get updated with dates until you receive a final decision. The best way to check the progress after MEP/BIL is to call IRCC or raise a webform or order your GCMS notes.
Appreciate the tip! :)
Are they opening for Canada as well?
Is that not what they were referring to?
Where's your Visa Office?
Cape Town. The only other one is in Pretoria. Both are "closed until further notice" according to this site: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/zaf/en/can.

Reactions: Timbuktu_14

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Appreciate the tip! :)

Is that not what they were referring to?

Cape Town. The only other one is in Pretoria. Both are "closed until further notice" according to this site: https://visa.vfsglobal.com/zaf/en/can.
Yea, the VFS Canada in Nigeria is the one opening up on 24th. I didn't read before posing the question.

As for the Visa Office, I meant to ask if you've enquired about where they are treating your application. People usually request for that via webform or by simply ordering a GCMS notes.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Yea, the VFS Canada in Nigeria is the one opening up on 24th. I didn't read before posing the question.

As for the Visa Office, I meant to ask if you've enquired about where they are treating your application. People usually request for that via webform or by simply ordering a GCMS notes.
I have considered it, but isn't it advisable to wait a while before doing that? My application is only 1 month in.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I have considered it, but isn't it advisable to wait a while before doing that? My application is only 1 month in.
Well, they have started working on it so I don't think it's too early plus a GCMS note gets delivered after 3-4weeks of order. I would order mine if I was in your shoes, simply because I'm wary of having my files treated at the dreaded Accra VO. They have a somewhat - pun intended - fantastic history of delaying my countrymen applications. Hence, my ordering to know where I'm at and gauge my expectations accordingly :)

Banana woman

Dec 10, 2019
Well, they have started working on it so I don't think it's too early plus a GCMS note gets delivered after 3-4weeks of order. I would order mine if I was in your shoes, simply because I'm wary of having my files treated at the dreaded Accra VO. They have a somewhat - pun intended - fantastic history of delaying my countrymen applications. Hence, my ordering to know where I'm at and gauge my expectations accordingly :)
This is too funny...”somewhat - pun intended - fantastic history of delaying my countrymen applications”. Fellow Nigerian, it is well:):):)

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Interesting. So, it's being processed at a visa office in my own country, not in Canada?
You can check for updates 3-4 months in, or if you received a ghost update.
Thanks! That was the original plan. :)

Reactions: joconstantine

Windsor37

Jul 9, 2020
Interesting. So, it's being processed at a visa office in my own country, not in Canada?

I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but the ITA is being processed in your country's visa office, and not in Canada?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other

The document completeness is always done in Canada. Depending on the work load of the IRCC offices as well as the nature of the application, it may, afterwards, be transferred to a VO nearer to the applicant’s country of residence.

ih01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
Does anyone know if any FSW-outland PPRs / COPRs have been issued recently? Last I heard back at end of June, there had been none issued since March.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Hi Guys,

Quick question: My friend has two somewhat related bachelors degrees - One from her home country and the second from Canada. She started the Canadian program in the second year because of the foreign bachelor degree she had.

She's trying to claim two or more degrees on her EE Expression of Interest application, but her profile displays just one degree (The Canadian one) and she is confused as a result. So my question is, are we right in assuming those are actually two degrees or must one of them be in a post bachelorate program?

Thanks.

Edit: She didn't show a ECA for the foreign degree, could this also be a factor?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.