+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 92nd Draw

sunboy129

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
Are you taking any lessons or are you studying by yourself? I don't want to say it's hard but it's going to be pretty challenging. Depending on how are you studying, how fast do you learn, and if you have a native speaker/instructor at hand, I believe you could probably get by and get CLB 5 for the listening and reading. Hard but probably doable. I would think otherwise for the writing and speaking.

4 months from scratch is not enough time for achieving a B1 level (intermediate), there's only so much you can learn, but if you fully immerse yourself (practice every day, listen to French, read, etc) it might me a fight worth fighting.

TEF starts very easy and gets harder as you progress, this could play in your favor if you get the first answers right.
Thanks. I have just started to collect some TEF materials. Initial thought is to do self learning, but may also join French language classes through consultancies here if price is right.

safarizone

Star Member
Jun 7, 2018
I have done all I can right now. At 440. I could gain 3 more points with higher ielts results but next sitting is in October. Have my masters. I don't know what else to do but try to study in Canada.
How are there no available slots until October? Even the most rural centre in my country has sessions open in August. Major cities at the end of this month.

Scookssw

May 16, 2018
How are there no available slots until October? Even the most rural centre in my country has sessions open in August. Major cities at the end of this month.
Also, why not go the CELPIP route? That's what I did when ielts was booked up. Plus I found it to be easier in the writing portion. They also allow for revaluation of certain sections if you think you did better than you scored and want a second opinion without sitting another test.

Sunapollo

Jun 9, 2018
Hi Guys,
I am posting for the first time here .
I have a query regarding Proof of Funds :

1) If I have a balance of around 5 lakhs and average 6 months balance is around 2 lakhs ... Do I have to explain or give 6 months bank statements? Or only bank certificate as per CIC is enough?
2) I have a FD in another bank , which was opened 1 year back, will they ask about the source ?
3) Can someone please help with a sample letter for showing spouse's funds?

Thanks !

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
Also, why not go the CELPIP route? That's what I did when ielts was booked up. Plus I found it to be easier in the writing portion. They also allow for revaluation of certain sections if you think you did better than you scored and want a second opinion without sitting another test.
Celpip is not offered here