+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The 430-437 club! Let's strategize here!

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
Hope is not a strategy!

After the nice low score of 413 last year, the number of hopefuls increased along with the things that happened in the US - too many ppl are applying (yes you and me included)

The regular ROH series threads are great to hang around and dream for the score to come down. While it will be great when it happens, we who are at the edge or the boundary need to strategize differently.

This thread is for those at 430-437 who want to take matters into their own hands and start to look at real ways to make a difference, network and share ideas instead of waiting for the score to drop

I realize that many ppl in this club will be in the pool for a year. This will give us our own space instead of the guys sitting at 439-441 who are just preparing their PCCs and medicals

Strategy no
  1. Have right NOC code for OINP HCP
  2. Learn French
  3. Try to get job offer with LMIA
  4. Try to get job offer from Canadian arm of your company. No LMIA required then to get work permit for a year as your company applies to CIC for the transfer. After the first year if they want to continue with another job offer for a year you get the 50 points. It's called intra company transfer category.
  5. PNP for other provinces?
    1. Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
    2. SINP
    3. BC EE
  6. Australia - its easier nowadays than Canada - they have own point based system and accept IELTS!
  7. Drop spouse from application and sponsor after landing (for some cases)
  8. Add spouse (marry - Canadian spouse or one with Canadian education/experience and get additional points)
  9. Distance learning which will take at least 1 year to pass (Post Grad Diploma/MBA/Masters etc.)
  10. Attending full time Masters etc. in home country for additional points.
  11. Take IELTS AC & enter Canada with a Student visa / Hit a Canadian University - which upon completion would get a PGWP and then certainly ensure PR after a time
  12. Certain nationalities - you can try to go for Working holiday in Canada (that can be the way how to qualify for some provinces)
  13. ...
  14. ...
  15. ...
... Pls add

Last edited:

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
Strategy no
2. Learn French
3. Try to get job offer
4. Try to get job offer from own company in Canada. No LMIA required then
6. Australia?
... Pls add

Reactions: afarrakh

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
Dr

Drop spouse from the application and later sponsor her for PR. Does this even makes sense?
Yes! Thanks for that idea

This is why we have this thread

Every point matters

I'll add it

This only works if you're spouse education and IELTS scores are low. They're many cases like that. Thanks for the addition!

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
Strategy no
2. Learn French
3. Try to get job offer
6. Australia?
... Pls add

noname7

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Strategy no
2. Learn French
3. Try to get job offer
6. Australia?
... Pls add
What do you mean by "job offer from own company"? You mean start a company or if the existing company you're working for in US or London etc. and they have a branch in Canada, get them to give you a job offer?

Alex SA2C

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
Yes! Thanks for that idea

This is why we have this thread

Every point matters

I'll add it

This only works if you're spouse education and IELTS scores are low. They're many cases like that. Thanks for the addition!
My husband has no formal education but IELTS is CLB8. I heard that if you sponsor a spouse it can only be done after a year and only once I can prove my salalryvis above a certain level so no survival jobs! Is this true?

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
Strategy no
2. Learn French
3. Try to get job offer
6. Australia?
... Pls add
I agree with learning French. But it has to be a really intensive and short-therm course (5 days/week , 2 hrs/day, two or three months). By getting those points it could compensate the 5 points loss (B-day).
It is possible... at least to achieve the CLB 5 or 6 level (gaining 1 point per ability and adding 4 points at total CRS).

Also, by adding French as language, we may be chosen for Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (on March 26 they targeted French Speaking in HCP stream).

Last edited:

maniverma617

Mar 7, 2018
Strategy no
2. Learn French
3. Try to get job offer
6. Australia?
... Pls add
Please advise, How can we request a job letter without LMIA and How many points will that impact?

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
What do you mean by "job offer from own company"? You mean start a company or if the existing company you're working for in US or London etc. and they have a branch in Canada, get them to give you a job offer?
Yes it's called intra company transfer. Google it and you will see that it doesn't require LMIA if your affiliated company gives you a job offer in Canada

frew

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Dr

Drop spouse from the application and later sponsor her for PR. Does this even makes sense?
yes it makes sense perfectly if you consider my case.. i am at 443 without spouse and 428 with spouse. i am planing to understand what are the obligations as a sponsor and the time-frame for it and related issue, in case the cutoff point remains high.

is there any one in here who can explain the spousal sponsorship obligations and the benefits the sponsored family can not access?

Reactions: Tiwana350

lavi13

May 19, 2018
Hello Friends,

I have a confusion, I am currently sitting @ CRS 423. But I will receive another 8 points in 6-8 weeks(spouse education) which will make the sum to 431.
I am currently having CLB 9 in IELTS as well which is valid till Dec,2019. Can some one suggest if I can increase my score by any other means(except job offer). Just to mention, i don't have any experience in french, so learning the same might take some time(1 yr approx).
How should I proceed further?

Thanks in advance.