+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

The 430-437 club! Let's strategize here!

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Hope is not a strategy!

After the nice low score of 413 last year, the number of hopefuls increased along with the things that happened in the US- too many ppl are applying (yes you and me included)

The regular ROH series threads are great to hang around and dream for the score to come down. While it will be great when it happens, we who are at the edge or the boundary need to strategize differently.

This thread is for those at 430-437 who want to take matters into their own hands and start to look at real ways to make a difference, network and share ideas instead of waiting for the score to drop

I realize that many ppl in this club will be in the pool for a year. This will give us our own space instead of the guys sitting at 439-441 who are just preparing their PCCs and medicals

Strategy no
1. Have right NOC code for OINP HCP
2. Learn French
3. Try to get job offer with LMIA
4. Try to get job offer from own affiliate company in Canada. No LMIA required then to get work permit for a year as your company applies to CIC for the transfer. After the first year if they want to continue with another job offer for a year you get the 50 points. It's called intra company transfer category.
5. PNP for other provinces?
a. Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
b. SINP
c. BC EE
6. Australia?
7. Drop spouse from application and sponsor after landing (for some cases)
... Pls add

8. Distant learning which will take at least 1 year to pass (PGD)
9. Attending Masters in home country for additional points.
10. If you are single, and you might want to get married with your better half who is a Canadian PR/Citizen, you can get 50 CRS I guess.
11. Take IELTS AC & enter Canada with a Student visa which upon completion would certainly ensure PR after a time.

Reactions: lightning_crashes

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
I am sorry but I would like to differ from your statement here. For a fresh beginner, no matter how promising he is, it is not possible to even get CLB 5 with 10 hours study , an intense one, for 2-3 months.

It takes time to process new words and their usage to reach a decent level. In order to get CLB 5, one needs to reach a firm B1 level for which one needs to know how to use at least 1200-1500 French words correctly. If someone goes with a crash course, it will take at least 20 hours/week for at least 6 months to reach B1 level and then another 1-2 months study to get CLB 5 in TEF, that is in presence of a teacher.
Thanks for the correction. Yes, you are right, I was not realistic at all :(

shuiguo

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Australia? I have seen it mentioned many times in the forum now.
Care to elaborate?
Do they have a program or olannipl to have similar to EE?

frew

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html

You may want to take a look at this link. It explains a lot of things regarding Spouse Sponsorship. Do you have little kids? Because I was reading that public health coverage is not included until you are PR so you might have to get a private health insurance to cover their health-care during the process.
Thanks for the link i will try to look at it. As per your question, yes i have two kids 6 and 4. However, regarding the time they have to wait to get health coverage, are you saying that i have to cover their health care until they become a PR or i become PR? If you are referring me being a PR, i think it is clear that i will start the sponsoring process after becoming a PR and there will be no need to wait.

What i heard was that i might be responsible for their health care for 10 years and for my spouse for 3 years.

frew

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
So far nobody here mention one other obvious thing.
Yes it takes longer (2-4 years in total), but you can get decent amount of points.
It is to hit Canadian university and go for the PGWP after that.
And for those that can (only certain nationalities), you can try to go for Working holiday in Canada (that can be the way how to qualify for some provinces).
It seems many in here tired of another school year after a professional life and for some after family responsibilities. But it is one sure way to get more points and create a strong network and have a connection with a certain province which will make it very easy to net a nomination.

SumH12

Apr 11, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
26-09-2018
AOR Received.
06-10-2018
Med's Done....
12-12-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
Thanks for the link i will try to look at it. As per your question, yes i have two kids 6 and 4. However, regarding the time they have to wait to get health coverage, are you saying that i have to cover their health care until they become a PR or i become PR? If you are referring me being a PR, i think it is clear that i will start the sponsoring process after becoming a PR and there will be no need to wait.

What i heard was that i might be responsible for their health care for 10 years and for my spouse for 3 years.
You have to cover their health care until they become PR plus 3 months more after that (Public Health « inscription » process takes around 3 more months after arrival in Canada).

Regarding the 10yrs /3yrs, I read in the link that it refers to the period you agree to cover their expenses: house, transport, food (like a financial obligation as sponsor).

Reactions: frew

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
So far nobody here mention one other obvious thing.
Yes it takes longer (2-4 years in total), but you can get decent amount of points.
It is to hit Canadian university and go for the PGWP after that.
And for those that can (only certain nationalities), you can try to go for Working holiday in Canada (that can be the way how to qualify for some provinces).
Thanks @vensak for some great inputs - i will update the main thread!

Reactions: afarrakh

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
10. If you are single, and you might want to get married with your better half who is a Canadian PR/Citizen, you can get 50 CRS I guess.
11. Take IELTS AC & enter Canada with a Student visa which upon completion would certainly ensure PR after a time.[/QUOTE
Thanks my friend for the additions. I dont know if marrying someone is worth the extra 50 points lol but yes great input. also the study idea is gr8.

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
Australia? I have seen it mentioned many times in the forum now.
Care to elaborate?
Do they have a program or olannipl to have similar to EE?
yep try to google it. some say Australia is way easier than Canada right now - hoards of my friends got into Australia already

they have a point based system as well. i tried to google it - looks not that difficult but the websites are not as mature as CIC - so difficult to get info.

Reactions: afarrakh and frew

lavi13

May 19, 2018
Sorry, I don´t know why I was thinking about this year (2018).

You got same as my husband, almost the maximum. You may gain 6 more points if you succeed to get W10 and S10. It is a difficult decision indeed, retake or not, because you are close to the maximum. But I have read many applicants who retake even 5-6 times until they have CLB 10 in 4.
Do you know any other way...

BTW i am hopeful for 431 in next 3 months considering the fact that ircc has to meet the

lavi13

May 19, 2018
11. Take IELTS AC & enter Canada with a Student visa which upon completion would certainly ensure PR after a time.
If possible, how can we choose the distant learning programme which is recognized for eca..
Any leads??

Reactions: Aarti123

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
If possible, how can we choose the distant learning programme which is recognized for eca..
Any leads??
there will be many threads for that i think. try to do some research on this forum and you will find some good examples. many ppl are doing distance learning and getting ECAs for that.