+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 92nd Draw

Sree1982

May 1, 2017
No, I am not married........I am considering 2 options:

1. Correspondence 1 year masters in India (course starts in Sep)........It means this will take at least till Dec of next year to have degree and its ECA........as you rightly said, it is a long process. I won't consider learning French, as I don't think I will be able to do that. I have lived for some time in France (onsite stint) and I tried to learn this language, but failed.

2. IELTS or PTE to get 8+, which will help me secure 80 pts for Aus. I must do this before I turn 33 (Mar next year), else I will lose 5 points.

I think I will have to try both 1 and 2 simultaneously..........as they say, drastic times call for drastic measures.......if god willing, my points become favorable for Aus, I might perhaps leave masters mid-way

can someone on this thread tell me what is comparatively less difficult - getting 8+ in all sections in IELTS or 79+ in all sections in PTE ? I know a couple of years back, 79+ in all sections in PTE was comparatively easier than 8+ in IELTS, but can someone tell based on current trend.
Good to know that you are clear about what you want..Just check WES approves a 1 years masters.....because while doing ECA there are some cases were they dont assess this as Masters...All the best buddy

Reactions: Ronja5200

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
The last time it happened it shot up by 15 points. And i took almost 3 months to get back where we were in March. And now it looks like we are back to square one.
I mean, I see what you're saying, but it shot up to 456 on the 14th of March, and then in the end April it was back to 441. That's only a month and a half. But I'm not arguing that it's not really discouraging for the one's hoping the score would come down below '40's, of course it is, a draw yesterday would have made a big difference.

Reactions: Sree1982

andren

Apr 25, 2018
Morning all,

Did something significant happen in Canada? I'm not sure but think something happened for them to decide not to draw yesterday... I hope this is the case, but if not....

I had this feeling in the beginning of the year.... that since they DONT have yearly targets anymore (implementation of the 3 year plan) that they would play UNFAIR and withhold draws to make sure it doesn't dip under 440...

Think about it for a second.... we started with lower scores than last year...every time it was GOING to dip under 440 they "withhold" a draw and it increases the draw candidates above 440.... I have noticed this shift and is the second time this happened this year...last time it dumped back to I think 456 before coming down...

If this happens a 3rd time...I think well have our answer !

I do hope this is not the case but lest see what develops.... fingers crossed for you all !

aaquarius

May 23, 2018
Hi Guys,

We have a score of 455. We could submit our EE profile more than a month ago, but we didnt for some reason. Just submitted on June 5th, but no draw yesterday. Is there any chance for 3-week draw? Or we need to wait two more draws to get back lower CRS?

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023

1. Correspondence 1 year masters in India (course starts in Sep)........It means this will take at least till Dec of next year to have degree and its ECA........as you rightly said, it is a long process. I won't consider learning French, as I don't think I will be able to do that. I have lived for some time in France (onsite stint) and I tried to learn this language, but failed.

2. IELTS or PTE to get 8+, which will help me secure 80 pts for Aus. I must do this before I turn 33 (Mar next year), else I will lose 5 points.

I think I will have to try both 1 and 2 simultaneously..........as they say, drastic times call for drastic measures.......if god willing, my points become favorable for Aus, I might perhaps leave masters mid-way

can someone on this thread tell me what is comparatively less difficult - getting 8+ in all sections in IELTS or 79+ in all sections in PTE ? I know a couple of years back, 79+ in all sections in PTE was comparatively easier than 8+ in IELTS, but can someone tell based on current trend.
I agree with you for the two options. I will just add for Masters you need to make sure WES or ICQA has already positively evaluated so you don't waste your time.

For IELTS, the most difficult aspect is getting 8 in writing; you have already achieved that. I would recommend going for IELTS very soon and don't use youtube instructors or any other online tutors for writing. I have seen many people who got worse by using their methods. It is better you stick with your way as it is proven already. 7.5 and 8 speaking, there is a very minimum difference. I would recommend getting list of all common cue cards and just practice them.

I don't know anything about PTE.

Reactions: Sree1982

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

We have a score of 455. We could submit our EE profile more than a month ago, but we didnt for some reason. Just submitted on June 5th, but no draw yesterday. Is there any chance for 3-week draw? Or we need to wait two more draws to get back lower CRS?
The chances are very very high for a draw on Wednesday. BUT the score might be higher than 455, no one knows. But you if you don't get in on Wednesday, you'll for sure get in on the draw following that one. I have similar scores to you, and we're the lucky one's who are almost guaranteed to get in. I'll eat my hat if you don't have an ITA by July :) Oh, and just so you know, most of the people in this thread are people who have scores at 440 or lower, and have been waiting for a while. So it's a good idea to be mindful of that when posting :) Not that you weren't with your post, but just wanted to let you know.

aaquarius

May 23, 2018

I know people struggling with ILETS for a year or more and finally ended up to PTE. They have got 79+ and added 20 points to their case. Go with PTE. It is not an easy exam, but you will definitely payoff if spend enough time. I would say 1-2 months. PTE exam is graded by computer, so you can use template for speaking and writing sections without any problem. Good luck.

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......

aaquarius

May 23, 2018
Thank Ro
The chances are very very high for a draw on Wednesday. BUT the score might be higher than 455, no one knows. But you if you don't get in on Wednesday, you'll for sure get in on the draw following that one. I have similar scores to you, and we're the lucky one's who are almost guaranteed to get in. I'll eat my hat if you don't have an ITA by July :) Oh, and just so you know, most of the people in this thread are people who have scores at 440 or lower, and have been waiting for a while. So it's a good idea to be mindful of that when posting :) Not that you weren't with your post, but just wanted to let you know.
Thank you, Ronja :)

Sorry everybody, I did not notice the main purpose of the thread.

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
I don't know much about OINP. Do they issue invitations all year round? Where can I get more info about it?
I was in the pool since Feb 23rd 2018 at CRS 435 and have not been invited?
it depends on your NOC. whats your NOC? if its related to IT theres a chance to get OINP HCP. google it.

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
guys, please need your guidance

My IELTS score - L-8.5, R-9,W-8,S-7.5........with this, I got CLB10, but my overall score is measly 425 (age 32 and don't have masters).........I have been following this thread for a while and I think scores below 435 are out of question, I don't even see any post from these people...........looking at the current trend, I think it will be unwise to even hope for PNP at this score of 425

Now either I can do masters to increase my score (which will be a time consuming thing) and I am not sure of its validity (I am considering 1 year distance program in India).........the other option is to divert my interest towards Aus 189 visa..........which has also currently become very difficult to acquire with current cut-off scores in the range of 75 (compared to 65 last year, and even 60 earlier).......my score there is currently 70 and if I had got 8 in IELTS speaking, my score would have been 80..........so the other option is to give IETLS or PTE and try getting 8+ in all sections (or equivalent in PTE)........even though I have attempted IELTS only once, I understand how difficult or improbable it is to get 8+ in all sections at same time, but I guess this is the only way left

I think I should proceed with option 2 (Aus), as somehow that doing masters at this point and waiting for more than a year does not seem to be a good idea
pls check out the link https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-430-437-club-lets-strategize-here.561189/
i feel your pain....yes AUS can be a good option. im thinking about the same. can you give me the link where you track the recent cut offs for AUS? i tried to look for it but to no avail.

navneetrai

Jun 4, 2018
Delhi, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
15-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-11-2018
Popular opinion says PTE 79+ is easier. There are many cases where people struggle to get all 8+ but manage 79+ easily.

I have L9, R9, W7.5, S7.5 and I am also planning to appear for PTE for similar reasons. I am stuck at 440 with no option of improving IELTS.

With PTE 79+ I will atleast be in contention for AUS with 75 points.

lightning_crashes

May 13, 2018
NOC Code......
So i had this theory last month in ROH 90, and unfortunately that is what seems to be happening. Here's the link if anyone wants to read it.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ray-of-hope-90th-draw.559057/page-18#post-6925384

Personally i really hope Ontario starts issuing NOI's again this month for those below 440. Also going to give another try at IELTS and may be take a little break from the ROH threads. The Wednesday waits and predictions are really getting tiring now!!
i see the ROH discussions are mostly giving false hopes. we need to accept realisitic input from ppl and not discourage it.

for those who want to try to increase scores check out the thread below and contribute there thanks

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-430-437-club-lets-strategize-here.561189/

Reactions: NOMAD2017

mary99

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Guys!! I am saying goodbye to this group till I get an ITA!! I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this group for a month or so and would like to thank all the logical and humourous brains over here..special thanks to @special3220 @AlliBatista @abhishek_89 @mary99 @NOMAD2017 and all others who actively participated here!! Bye!! Wish you all, best of luck!
Thanks for everything ! but still you shouldn't leave this group at all. It's all that we have here. Lets be here and support each other throughout this journey, this dream of ours.

Although I leave the choice entirely up to you, we would definitely enjoy your presence here on this group :)