+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope-86th Draw

techie07

Mar 15, 2018
You can claim those points once she finishes the landing process and is living in Canada.

No idea what a SID number is.
Thank you so much for confirming this.
I believe that SID stands for Social/System Identification Number issued once the person becomes the PR process.

So according to your reply, once she completes the landing process (which takes approx 1 day) and obtains the proof of residence over there like bank account ( which may take 1-2 weeks) or the postpaid connection (might take 2-3 days) or a residence contract( might take 2-4 days), I would be immediately able to claim the 15 points for sibling.

Kindly let me know if I miss any important detail in this and also let me know about any other fast means of obtaining proof of residence over there which is recognized in the express entry process.

rbnjacob90

Mar 9, 2018
Hello Group Members,
I am sitting @438 in the pool

I have a query in which I think you may help :

My sister has got her PR and she is landing @toronto in May first week.
She would receive the SID number within a week, but it seems that getting the PR card would take approx 67 days after landing.

My query is that how soon would I be able to claim the 15 points for sibling in Canada - after getting her SID number or is it possible only after she receives the PR card??
once she receives PR card.

techie07

Mar 15, 2018
once she receives PR card.
Is this sure that I need to wait till she receives the PR card -->
Sorry, but asking this as I got a different reply in this forum from a member.

I am in confusion regarding this.
Could someone throw some light on it please ??

Raghava18181

Feb 12, 2018
Hi All,

These forums have really been what they are “ a ray of hope” for me.

I don’t know if this is the right forum to as this question.

I entered the pool in feb with 426 and I know I have a long way to go. But this is about my work ex.

I have 6 years of experience that I have shown while entering the pool (experience is from India)

However, I am leaving the job while waiting for ITA as I can’t take this job anymore. I also wanted to study French full time for TEF for an Year. I think this is the is my only way considering my score. wanted to ask the seniors in this group if this is going to impact my ITA and later the PR process.

Your responses will save me a lot of pain and so please guide me

Last edited:

czarzamora

Nov 17, 2017
Below is the 2017 CRS Trend VS 2018 CRS Trend. Blue for invitations then Orange line for the minimum CRS score. You can see that 2018 is not a good year..

som_can

Mar 16, 2018
Hi Guys, i have a question. I Have a score of 432. How many days it take to get ONPIP? Or is there no set rule and its totally dependent on skill shortage ( My job code is 2173)

Jakilee

Star Member
Dec 9, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Guy's my birthday is on 4th April Wednesday. When does CRS drop in system? Incase, draw happens on that day? I'm at 445 now, will it drop to 440 on that day itself?
Found my birthday mate and we in similar dilema, I’m at 441 and losing 5 points that day too.

Reactions: Mayur_M

Gurpreetgp09

Jan 21, 2018
Does your reference letter contain multiple job description for different period? If not, OINP should go by only what is written on the letter.
I don't have it yet, tbh.
But HR would share whatever my manager approves.
I can get my manager to approve just this one job description for the complete period.
I mean, there is no standard template for reference letter. What if I just mention that I am an employee of this company since July 2013 and refer just my current position and current roles.
Can that get me in any sort of trouble? Any idea, how is the verification done?

s.sh87

Jan 16, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Can some one please guide- "Does 3rd party payroll or temp employees work experience is countable or not" ?

Would really appreciate if someone has a knowledge about this.

Thanks !!