+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray Of Hope-86th Draw

ITA_Warrior

Mar 8, 2018
Thank you so much for confirming this.
I believe that SID stands for Social/System Identification Number issued once the person becomes the PR process.

So according to your reply, once she completes the landing process (which takes approx 1 day) and obtains the proof of residence over there like bank account ( which may take 1-2 weeks) or the postpaid connection (might take 2-3 days) or a residence contract( might take 2-4 days), I would be immediately able to claim the 15 points for sibling.

Kindly let me know if I miss any important detail in this and also let me know about any other fast means of obtaining proof of residence over there which is recognized in the express entry process.
Its called SIN(social insurance number) and it is required for employment, all the taxes paid by an individual to Canada Revenue Agency are through this number.

I know because I m working in Canada on Post graduation work permit. It can be applied any time after landing and takes around 10-20 minutes. But I m not sure is it enough to make you eligible for 15 points.

pedro2121

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
These links have complete info about the score system (read them all):

CRS scores: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Here open tab "TEF for CLB": https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

More info about how the A, B, C levels convert to CLB , look for "NCLC":
http://www.fiaf.org/frenchclasses/frenchexam-tef.shtml

I've been learning French from fresh start one year and a couple months. I've taken the TEF test a week ago, still waiting for results. All I know so far is that I saw C1 on the computer screen for Listening and Reading.
I hope this will inspire you enough.
Hi benzboksas,

Many thanks for useful information. Could you please clarify if you had known another romance language (such as Italian and Spanish)? because, as you know, in that case learning process becomes much easier and faster. Unfortunately, I know nothing about French (even a word).

I'd also be grateful if you share your learning method with me?

Thank you.

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Is this sure that I need to wait till she receives the PR card -->
Sorry, but asking this as I got a different reply in this forum from a member.

I am in confusion regarding this.
Could someone throw some light on it please ??
There are three things you need to prove to claim 15 point for sibling

1. Proof of PR/Citizenship status
2. Proof of physical residence
3. Proof of relationship

To show proof of siblings PR status you will have to submit scan of front and back of PR card. So yes, you have to wait till she receives her PR card.

To show proof of physical residence you can use rental agreement and utility bills. But you cannot use these to prove point 1 ( PR status).

So yes, please wait for her to receive her PR card.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Dear Friends,

WES gave a wrong evaluation of Diploma to a candidate and although that applicant received NOI from OINP but later came to know that OINP doesnt accept anything below Bachelors and after knowing that that candidate requests WES to recheck their side if the previous evaluation can be changed and indeed truly the evaluation changed to Bachelors but in the meantime that candidates 45 days of application exceeds.

So, in this situation, what can be advised to the applicant? Surely, it was not the applicants fault to receive the wrong eca result but tragically it didn't allow him to make the application on time.

@ishq74 @DelPiero07 @trumprefugee @vensak @abhishek_89 @legalfalcon @lino82 @TanakaM and anyone if you can pls give your valuable recommendation it will mean a lot. thanks.

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
I don't have it yet, tbh.
But HR would share whatever my manager approves.
I can get my manager to approve just this one job description for the complete period.
I mean, there is no standard template for reference letter. What if I just mention that I am an employee of this company since July 2013 and refer just my current position and current roles.
Can that get me in any sort of trouble? Any idea, how is the verification done?
That should work. Oinp will go by what ur documents state. Doesn't matter what u have done.

Tavaran Sran

Mar 10, 2018
Yeah, that's what I thought, but his calculation is right. He only has a bachelor's degree, and he's single so he cannot get more poitns for wife's eca and ielts. Having a master's would have increased his score to over 470. But as of now his score is correct as per what he has mentioned.
I'm pursuing a masters degree as well but it is distance learning, its a 2 year course and it completes by July. I'm not sure if it fetches any scores or not. It is mentioned that distance learning counts but I didn't exactly understand what they mean by it should not be more than half of the overall study period.

Vikraal22

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi all this is my analysis, I would welcome your thoughts on this, in 2018 CIC requirement is 310000 individuals,each EE profile is roughly having 3 to 4 members so the number 74900 ITA's to be issued. This shows minimum 60000 more profiles has to be selected. Seeing the current trend I am sure EE profile with only 1 member is quite high as their scores are generally higher and age is lesser. (This trend shows many young single professionals are in the pool)So we should be optimistic as more than 74900 ITA would be issued.As per my calculations it should be somewhere around 85000. So the draw size is bound to get bigger along with higher frequency resulting in the CRS to fall in 430s.
The link for your reference
https://www.cicnews.com/2017/11/canada-welcome-nearly-one-million-new-immigrants-through-2020-119798.html#gs.VbQVK0c

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi All -

I am getting reference letter written from my supervisor. I have held multiple positions within same company. As per Ontario application guide - '
Outline your duties and responsibilities during the employment period for each position and the time spent in each position (if applicable)'.

Does it mean I need to have all my positions (since last 11 years with same company) listed in reference letter along with duties for each of them? Will it not end up being quite a detailed/long letter? I have used same NOC code for all my positions within the company.

Another query I have is, I have worked for the same company in India and UK - and in both places weekly hours were different. Do I mention 2 different weekly hours in the letter in that case?

Thanks in advance.
Hi Experts - Appreciate some guidance here.

Reactions: ish17

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
I'm pursuing a masters degree as well but it is distance learning, its a 2 year course and it completes by July. I'm not sure if it fetches any scores or not. It is mentioned that distance learning counts but I didn't exactly understand what they mean by it should not be more than half of the overall study period.
Well, im not sure what that means, maybe if you share where you read that, it would be easier for me to understand the context and meaning of the statement.

From what I understand as long as your University is recognised by wes your ECA should be positive.

But since the ITA scores are expected to drop in the coming months, you may just get an ITA before you complete your masters.

Tavaran Sran

Mar 10, 2018
Well, im not sure what that means, maybe if you share where you read that, it would be easier for me to understand the context and meaning of the statement.

From what I understand as long as your University is recognised by wes your ECA should be positive.

But since the ITA scores are expected to drop in the coming months, you may just get an ITA before you complete your masters.
Thanks a lot
Yes Even I hope they drop .
Hopes are high :)

Reactions: Gurpreet1112