+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

alexross

Jan 11, 2018
Calculations I have done on net new applicants entering the pool at different CRS point levels, based on the CRS pool distributions:

From oct 26th to Nov 9th:
above 440: 171 per day
above 430: 239 per day
above 410: 272 per day

From Nov 9th to Nov 30th:
above 440:174 per day
above 430:213 per day
above 410:237 per day

Nov 30th to Dec 18th:
above 440:171 per day
above 430:197 per day
above 410:215 per day

Dec 18th to Jan 4th
above 440:161 per day
above 430:195 per day
above 410:211 per day

Jan 4th to Jan 18th:
above 440:163 per day
above 430:193 per day
above 410:221 per day

from Jan 18th to Feb 1st:
above 440:186 per day
above 430:216 per day
above 410:258 per day

From Feb 1st to Feb 15th:
above 440:227 per day
above 430:257 per day
above 410:278 per day

For those interested in how the calculations are done, here is a sample:

For example, lets take calculation for above 440 from Dec 18th to Jan 4th:
All those with CRS points 440 and above on Jan 4th= 233+1374+1274=2881
All those with CRS points 440 and above on Dec 18th=420+1211+1260=2891
We know that the Jan 4th value is = Dec 18th value + net entrants into pool (i.e new entrants - expired entries) - ITAs from Dec 20th
2881=2891 + net entrants - 2750
2881-2891+2750=net entrants
So we have net entrants between Jan 4th and Dec 18th with crs above 440 = 2740
Therefore we have average entrants per day above 440 between Jan 4th and Dec 18th= 2740/17=161

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Had a chat with a friend who is also waiting for ITA...He wife sat for IELTS and the CRS will be 450 w/o ECA for his wife. Now, he was talking to his consultant who pointed that eventually your spouse would need to have English Proficiency test score (read IELTS) to apply for Job in Canada.

Do you think if one ends up in competition for a job in Canada but if the language scores are available then you stand to gain something from it....This would really make compelling case to for spouses to prepare for IELTS.

Comments awaited
I need to improve my reading comprehension.

Reactions: ishq74

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Had a chat with a friend who is also waiting for ITA...He wife sat for IELTS and the CRS will be 450 w/o ECA for his wife. Now, he was talking to his consultant who pointed that eventually your spouse would need to have English Proficiency test score (read IELTS) to apply for Job in Canada.

Do you think if one ends up in competition for a job in Canada but if the language scores are available then you stand to gain something from it....This would really make compelling case to for spouses to prepare for IELTS.

Comments awaited
I don't know what that consultant smokes but I would love to try it out.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Comments awaited
It wouldn't harm lying to her if it can force her to go for IELTS.

But, I don't see the point here. If your friend desperately want to come to Canada and his wife is not, wouldn't it will be strategy to bring her over. She won't be able to adapt anyway, because she doesn't want to go. What is the point of having family if he decide to come to Canada himself while his wife want to stay in home country.

Stoick

Jun 27, 2017
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
1-Jun-2017

Comments awaited
The consultant is not correct here. IELTS is not mandatory for jobs in Canada. If there are more application for a job, the interviewer can easily fish out the best one.

Reactions: WoundedTiger

sunboy129

Star Member
Aug 7, 2017
First would like to thank all the wonderful seniors here for helping me find the right resources which helped me get maximum points on IELTS (3rd attempt). I am really looking forward to next step now (CRS 439- emigrating alone) and have few questions I need help with:

1. Is my 3rd IELTS TRF number same as the 1st one?
2. Should I apply for my PCC from USA now or should I wait to see ITA CRS score trend for couple draws? I am living in my home country, Asia, for a year now and before that lived in USA for almost a decade.
3. Is there a chance for OINP with CRS score 421 (when accompanied by wife) by the end of Nov, 2018? I do not mind waiting 5-6 months longer and paying CAD 3000.00 if there is a possibility of us emigrating together.
4. Can I apply under one NOC code (as long as my job requirements are identical to that NOC) even though my job title is listed under different NOC? (I am planning to apply under NOC 2263B whereas my job title "Infection control Officer (ICO)" is listed under 3012. I am not a nurse by education and not all ICO are required to be nurse, especially in Ontario ).

TIA for all the suggestions.
Can anyone chime in please...

mobear13

Jan 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
nova scotia...london uk since march 2019
AOR Received.
18-08-2018
Yes 1 week gap draw happened on March 1 and that was the lucky day we got our ITA! :)
Hopefully, again it is a 1 week gap draw this year.
i have a question, my wife is the main applicant,our score 435,got NOI FEB 12,her ielts expires march 6, so she retook it this feb, scored just out, we lost 6 points if we add the new score, 429....my question, do we must accept the NOI with our first official score 435 otherwise we lose it if new score is calculated?thx

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Bonjour my friends :)

I'm still working on my French though and know nothing except 2-3 words. :p

Just wanted to inform you all that I landed in Canada on 20th Feb and not to mention, it is freaking cold in Montreal. First thing I tried after landing was Tim Hortons infamous coffee. Personally, I was little disappointed as it was nothing compared to Costa but it's all right. Crispy chicken burger was lip smacking though. :p

I got my Social insurance number already and going to apply for another document that my employer needs. By the way, I'm starting my new job on Monday. :)

I understand it is going to be a long road for me to be a permanent resident and I'm not in hurry either.

Also, the view from my apartment is amazing. I'm living in downtown currently and everything is available right below my apartment. :D

I'd like to know if there are meet ups being held in Montreal or around as I'm new to Canada and don't know anyone yet. Hoping to see you all soon in person. :)
Glad to hear from you, @tarunkapoor ! Please send us more updates as you settle in. A Canadian friend of mine who has lived in a few parts of Ontario as well as Montreal likes Montreal the best and recommended it to me. Alas, my French sucks, but I would like to do a stint in Montreal after I become a Canadian citizen.

Make sure you get a good warm coat and a few warm layers of clothing. Thermal undergarments help a lot, as do gloves and mittens and some good boots that keep your feet warm and dry in the snow. Don't be afraid to wear 2 layers of socks as well.

Reactions: iluvtomorrowland

SonnyG

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
hello guy, took a long break to clear my head. was sitting at 434 with hubby as PA. to improve our score, i decided to retake IELTS. luckily i was able to give him the full 20 points. our score went from 434 to 438(might not be much, but its something). now i am so worried, trying to get my ECA done as that will give us 8 extra points. but we will be losing 5 points in march as he turns a year older. this process is not for the faint hearted. i am determined to succeed in this process,so my advise to everyone is pls try every possible means to improve your points, retake the IELTS again if you have too. all the best guys.
scenario is you ll have 441 so should not be a problem. In worst case , though highly inunlike that you will face it, go for OINP.
Good luck

at4446

Sep 24, 2016
ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
guy can someone please help me..I try to read the website but I still do not undrestand! I have one year of work experience related to my degree and I have canadian Undergraduate degree....would I be able to go for ONIP? if yes how long would my application take?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Reactions: ishq74

gurpidesa

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
All, please help.

I got oinp noi today noc 2173 .crs 2173. If I accept can I withdraw later? My wife has a profile of 440 and she might get direct ITA
So is your score separate from your wife? Can you please tell your score as well.
And I was not aware that Ontario sent out oinp invitations today. What time did you get this today?

Btw you can always ignore your oinp at any point when you get a direct ITA. Only issue will be the $1500 spent. I would advice you to wait for atleast 2 draws before accepting OINP.

everydaydealer

Oct 31, 2017
Ontario would like to consider you under their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
The Government of Ontario is interested in considering you for nomination under its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through Express Entry.

If you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. Note that this letter of interest is not a guarantee that you will be nominated by Ontario. You will first have to satisfy Ontario that you meet the requirements of their program.

You can find general information about each province or territory's PNP program on the website. You will also find a link to Ontario's PNP requirements and contact information.

hello i got this message but dont know how to accept or decline it. is it an actual invitation. what does this mean?
I think it states that we should directly apply in their website