+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

jessekay

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
Hi my friend, this was a good question.
I'll definitely give you an answer after two weeks after I will have sat the French TEF exam in the beginning of March. I have been learning French from zero exactly for one year already, not attending any school for that but instead learning alone by myself.
I've already lost 5 points do to my age during this year so the exam will show if it will be compensated or even surpassed by french points.
What do you suggest for me?
I can become a clb 7 speaker in one month.( currently an intermediate speaker)
Though latest date available for test in my country is in may.
I am sitting at 438.
Should i wait a few more draws? Or instead register for TEF?
It costs aprox 28 k inr for all sections.( that is a huge amount for me)

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
Good one, buddy. The wait time is just the issue. But it is what it is, 437-CRS-score folks looking at May/June.
Unsolicited Advice from someone who has tracked this scene for over 2 years now.

You cannot predict which way the ITA boat will turn. It can go any way possible. If you are at 436-440 with ITA cutoffs hovering at 442, you could wait but for others, the safest bet is taking the PNP offer from Ontario if its available.

Reactions: ABhola

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
hello guy, took a long break to clear my head. was sitting at 434 with hubby as PA. to improve our score, i decided to retake IELTS. luckily i was able to give him the full 20 points. our score went from 434 to 438(might not be much, but its something). now i am so worried, trying to get my ECA done as that will give us 8 extra points. but we will be losing 5 points in march as he turns a year older. this process is not for the faint hearted. i am determined to succeed in this process,so my advise to everyone is pls try every possible means to improve your points, retake the IELTS again if you have too. all the best guys.
Perching at 441 won't be bad at all after ur ECA is completed.

benzboksas

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
What do you suggest for me?
I can become a clb 7 speaker in one month.( currently an intermediate speaker)
Though latest date available for test in my country is in may.
I am sitting at 438.
Should i wait a few more draws? Or instead register for TEF?
It costs aprox 28 k inr for all sections.( that is a huge amount for me)
Well, in this forum I belong to the despised tiny minority of so-called realists. Yeah, I'm at odds with unicorns :p So my advice would always be for any sort of action instead of just waiting and hoping. However, I'm sitting at 426 and you are at 438 which for me is as distant as Andromeda galaxy.
So, if I were you I would still spend all my spare time learning French and I would postpone registering for the test in May as long as possible, because you are so close, only 4 points away. I would register if I didn't receive ITA until the deadline.
In my opinion learning French will always pay off whether in the tests or in real life. I was learning French before I got ITA last spring, just in case I still kept on learning it after I got ITA , and truly didn't regret these extra efforts when I accidentally lost ITA.
By the way 28 K sounds like a hell a lot of money. I've paid 150 euros which I consider very expensive too :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mithu3 and jessekay

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
You must definitely start to get PPC (s) it takes time... and work reference letters if you haven’t already...
If your medical region is a busy one you may book an appointment to see availability...
Is it possible to apply for PPC before ITA in India. I am currently outside India. The Indian Embassy says here in say that they need the ITA or (any document stating the purpose) to start the PPC process.

abhi013

Feb 22, 2018
Hi guys,
In desperate need for an advice here. I recently applied for restoration as a visitor inside Canada. Waiting at 437. I have been unemployed since November 2017 because of BOWP got rejected and have been waiting since then for the cut off to go down. So in this scenario what options do I have? I may qualify for OINP but would that help me to get a work permit? My main concern is to start a job asap but seeing my current situation it's gonna take atleast 6 months if I got my PR. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Gurpreet1112

Nov 12, 2017
Punjab
Hello

I am sitting at 439. Achieved CLB 9 in IELTS. Plz suggest the way to improve my crs.

It will be kind if someone can through light on french language. I mean for which course i have to register. How much points it can fetch me?

Thanku

shubham710

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Toronto
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Job Offer........
Yes
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
4 December 2013
LANDED..........
19 December 2013
Just received my Ielts sore. Again missed CLB 9 by .5 in listening :( (L/R/S/W 7.5/8/8/8/7.5) but score bumped from 433 to 439. I have a work permit till Jan 2019. I am thinking to register for celpip exam on feb 24th. What you guys recommend ? I just want to get this done now. This PR thing has put all my plans on halt. I want to look for another job but recruiters don't reply after knowing I only have 10 months left on work permit.

tanzeel725

Jan 27, 2018
At 438. Worth retaking IELTS for the extra 3 CRS points from a 0.5 point improvement in one component? Next test is on March 24 and would likely run out of places soon.

SonnyG

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
Just received my Ielts sore. Again missed CLB 9 by .5 in listening :( (L/R/S/W 7.5/8/8/8/7.5) but score bumped from 433 to 439. I have a work permit till Jan 2019. I am thinking to register for celpip exam on feb 24th. What you guys recommend ? I just want to get this done now. This PR thing has put all my plans on halt. I want to look for another job but recruiters don't reply after knowing I only have 10 months left on work permit.
wait till at least April end. 439 looks feasible.
now best part, CLB 9 wld ve taken u to around 470s type, so u can any time make it.
cheers n good luck