+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 85th Draw

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its a best advice. Like someone said hold on to your horses save that 1500 for first-month rent here in Canada.

Its a matter or two or three draws or a wait of two more months. You can save a little more to start a good journey in Canada.
Lol, I really don't want to go into the argument about opportunity cost and so on. So I will say you are probably right.

Reactions: Stoick

Ronke1114

Nov 11, 2017
Category........
FSW
hello guy, took a long break to clear my head. was sitting at 434 with hubby as PA. to improve our score, i decided to retake IELTS. luckily i was able to give him the full 20 points. our score went from 434 to 438(might not be much, but its something). now i am so worried, trying to get my ECA done as that will give us 8 extra points. but we will be losing 5 points in march as he turns a year older. this process is not for the faint hearted. i am determined to succeed in this process,so my advise to everyone is pls try every possible means to improve your points, retake the IELTS again if you have too. all the best guys.

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOI expires on 8th March. If I don't want to go into the complicated calculation of Canada time and my local time, I should submit by 7th March
Then at most wait until the next draw on 7th March. Worst come to worst you only lose $1500 which is not a big amount in Canada.
For example, you can save $1500 from buying an old sofa instead of the new genuine leather one. Your house are not going to have only a sofa right? Ontario minimum wage is $14 which mean $1500 is only 100+ hours of minimum wage work which is <3 weeks. Who know, you might end up with a good job which pay double or triple of that. So my priority will be coming to Canada as soon as possible and not worrying about those small amount of money.

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
i decided to retake IELTS. luckily i was able to give him the full 20 points. our score went from 434 to 438(might not be much, but its something).
Sorry not sure if I am not understanding, if you were able to get complete 20 points then ow come you score increased from 434 to 438? Should it not increase to 454?

Ronke1114

Nov 11, 2017
Category........
FSW
Sorry not sure if I am not understanding, if you were able to get complete 20 points then ow come you score increased from 434 to 438? Should it not increase to 454?
with the old ielts i gave him 16 points. remeber i am not the primary applicant. after retaking i gave him 20 points so 4 points increase.

premchandar.au

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
You must definitely start to get PPC (s) it takes time... and work reference letters if you haven’t already...
If your medical region is a busy one you may book an appointment to see availability...
Both in Singapore and India, they dont allow me to initiate PCC without an ITA.

Pikecann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
Hello PikeCann,

Many thanks for replying to my query.

One more doubt related to this,

Is it mandatory for one to have an ITA while applying for PPC or Medical ? As I am from India, I am going to apply from the passport office here, as I have been asked to. Is there a expiry for the PPC or Medical Report ?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/india.html

(PCC) It is valid for 6 months for your residential country...
if you have ever lived more than 6 months anywhere else, it must be issued last time you visited that country, I suggest don’t even miss one day..
Medical reports have one year validity...

All the best

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
Unsolicited Advice from someone who has tracked this scene for over 2 years now.

You cannot predict which way the ITA boat will turn. It can go any way possible. If you are at 436-440 with ITA cutoffs hovering at 442, you could wait but for others, the safest bet is taking the PNP offer from Ontario if its available.

Stoick

Jun 27, 2017
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
1-Jun-2017
Hello PikeCann,

Many thanks for replying to my query.

One more doubt related to this,

Is it mandatory for one to have an ITA while applying for PPC or Medical ? As I am from India, I am going to apply from the passport office here, as I have been asked to. Is there a expiry for the PPC or Medical Report ?
There is a tricky part in Medicals. The Single Entry Immigration Visa will expire exactly after a year from your medicals. So I would suggest you do the medicals after you get the ITA.

Reactions: SK2779

benzboksas

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Hi everyone,
I'm really disappointed with current trend of crs cut-off and it dawned on me that I have a very slight chance to get ITA.
Now I'm thinking about how to improve my crs and I have just one option, taking French exam. I would like to ask you to please give me advice if it is possible to get any points for French for someon who knows nothing about this language, for example, if I study hard for a year, can I get any points from that?

Thank you
Hi my friend, this was a good question.
I'll definitely give you an answer after two weeks after I will have sat the French TEF exam in the beginning of March. I have been learning French from zero exactly for one year already, not attending any school for that but instead learning alone by myself.
I've already lost 5 points do to my age during this year so the exam will show if it will be compensated or even surpassed by french points.

sweetsalt

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
hello guy, took a long break to clear my head. was sitting at 434 with hubby as PA. to improve our score, i decided to retake IELTS. luckily i was able to give him the full 20 points. our score went from 434 to 438(might not be much, but its something). now i am so worried, trying to get my ECA done as that will give us 8 extra points. but we will be losing 5 points in march as he turns a year older. this process is not for the faint hearted. i am determined to succeed in this process,so my advise to everyone is pls try every possible means to improve your points, retake the IELTS again if you have too. all the best guys.
get your ECA done on ASAP basis.

Reactions: Mithu3