+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 83rd Draw

Contactnisha

Jul 15, 2017
@GavinSouthAfrica @Contactnisha @All

I can understand your frustration, but please don't loose your hopes.
If you observe draws of 2017, you can infer that cut-off's for this year is also synonymous to previous year.
You have a whole year ahead. we cannot be sure if the CRS will go down drastically or gradually but you can be sure that CRS will come down eventually.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations/results-previous.html

Though you knew these things, I wanted to re-iterate, Just because this draw didn't happen to you doesn't mean it won't happen at all.
It will come, only a bit late :) :)
Thanks Sundar..
But let's wait and see.
Could somebody share me the link for TEF exam preparation....
Struggling and trying ...

Reactions: sundar17feb99

sriguru12

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Comparing the CRS trend of current year with previous year will go futile. There is one major parameter that most of us are not seeing, which is there are more number of people interested in Canada PR than last year. This one parameter will toss all other CRS parameters. Especially after the cut off went as low as 413 last year, there are obviously more people interested in Canada PR.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
I'm on 420 and losing 5 points in July... if I don't get an ITA by then I highly doubt I ever will.

Hoping for a nice drop before then
Have you considered OINP buddy?
I knew they only sent NOI's to 440-446 so far, but they also implied on sending NOI's to 400's ahead.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

January 23, 2018

Express Entry – Human Capital Priorities Notification of Interest

Please be advised that the OINP has commenced issuing NOIs under the HCP stream. Following the issuance of NOIs, the OINP will post on its website a program update informing stakeholders of the methodology used to issue NOIs.

The results of yesterday’s round are as follows:

Number of invitations issued: 340
Date and time of portal search: January 19, 2018 at 3:00 EST
CRS score range: 440 to 446
Date Express Entry profile submitted: January 1, 2018 to January 19, 2018

The OINP is managing the volume of applications to the HCP stream at this time. The OINP will be issuing NOIs on a regular basis to applicants, who at minimum, have a CRS of 400 and meet all eligibility criteria.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where is this mentioned? Have you experienced or is just what you interpret? If that is the case, why isn’t it highlighted to CIC?
Check your EE profile and check the selection of the province section. If you choose all and nothing else, you should have 2 additional clauses on the bottom talking about the data collection for Ontario and BC (of course unless more provinces have it by now). You need to tag those separately as well, that you agree.
True, this is nowhere written correctly, but I am following common logic. If they need to put such additional text, then they need it for legal purposes. Then it would be a common sense, that their program does only collect profiles that have it tagged.
I did experiment with it in my time as well. When I did double highlight (ALL and Ontario), the text has disappeared.
I had to un-tag everything then tag only one option (Ontario or ALL) to see it again.
And once it was back I had to agree to it again (even if I did it before).

Hence my assumption of a poor programming of the application form (it would not be the first time, anyway).
And since this bug is not a problem for majority (those hat follow other provinces or those that go for the direct ITA), they never bothered to correct it (at least not to my knowledge).

sriguru12

Star Member
Jul 8, 2017
Seems to be a big reason behind rising requirements
H1B scare will create an impact after 4-5 months. It will not create an immediate impact. Folks who are affected by H1B scare have to get their WES evaluated, prepare for IELTS and might not crack it the first attempt. So it is not going to create an immediate impact is what my assumption is.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
@iamxty What is going on with your application? Every one I knew from OINP time got PPR except me! :mad:
Haven’t got one too buddy. I recently got married so a delay is already expected :)

Did you order GCMS to know what’s happening with your application?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Check your EE profile and check the selection of the province section. If you choose all and nothing else, you should have 2 additional clauses on the bottom talking about the data collection for Ontario and BC (of course unless more provinces have it by now). You need to tag those separately as well, that you agree.
True, this is nowhere written correctly, but I am following common logic. If they need to put such additional text, then they need it for legal purposes. Then it would be a common sense, that their program does only collect profiles that have it tagged.
I did experiment with it in my time as well. When I did double highlight (ALL and Ontario), the text has disappeared.
I had to un-tag everything then tag only one option (Ontario or ALL) to see it again.
And once it was back I had to agree to it again (even if I did it before).

Hence my assumption of a poor programming of the application form (it would not be the first time, anyway).
And since this bug is not a problem for majority (those hat follow other provinces or those that go for the direct ITA), they never bothered to correct it (at least not to my knowledge).
This also happened to me. I have to check Ontario first to see that data collection, then check ALL provinces.

radlat

Jan 24, 2018
I have found my birthday mate! Happy birthday in advance. I am currently at 437 and will loose points come Feb 16. As much as I would love to say "crap", it's a blessing to see yet another birthday even if it comes with losing points.
Nevertheless, I am hopeful that at 432, I'll get an ITA pretty soon. There's pretty nothing I can do to increase my score as I maxed my IELTS, so must continue to hope and pray that the cut-off comes down.
Advanced Birthday wishes to you too !! with or without ITA, I am gonna be partying :) Heck, I wrote IELTS with Australia in mind and now I am here in Canada visa forums !

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This also happened to me. I have to check Ontario first to see that data collection, then check ALL provinces.
For info,
I had ALL provinces only on my profile with the additional agreement tagged properly and I got NOI.
So the hint is, if you do not see that additional text, then your profile will be invisible for Ontario.

Contactnisha

Jul 15, 2017
Can somebody share the TEF exam preparation link...
I have no idea of this exam.
Where do I get proper information about it?

lekside33

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Hello folks,

I'd like to find out what I need to do in this instance. I already evaluated my BSc with WES in 2017 and the now I have completed my ACCA examinations and should get my certificate by March, 2018. Hence, I need to upgrade my Wes report to 2 or more certificates. Kindly advice what step I need to take in doing that..... Our Canada dream are coming to reality.......

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
@vensak hello, I'm at 435 since Oct 31. My birthday is on Mar 23, and there will be a drop in crs which will make it 430. My NOC is 6221. Do I stand a chance for NOI if I recreate my profile ? What do you suggest?

harman_778

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Here's what my take of the present situation...Anyone who has a score of 440 & above shouldnt worry & should wait for the ITA...They would mostly be through by mid feb...Anyone in the range of 400-439 who do get a NOI from OINP in the coming weeks , should not take a chance looking at the trends & unpredicability of CIC & should right away apply for OINP . Each of the previous years , Jan draws have a set a precedent for the things to follow in the whole year...My take is that 2018 is gonna follow the trends of 2016 wherein scores will hover around the 440 plus mark .Hence making OINP the safer & the only option

parth115

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Hi folks.

Stuck at 435 with IELTS expiring in last week of March.
I and my wife can give IELTS again and boost our score to 441 if we max out.

Preferred destination was BC (have job in seattle so vancover makes sense).
But this unpredictability of CIC and its affinity to 2750 has confused me totally.

Should we give IELTS again and try to score max ?
Should i go for OINP ? any chance at 435 ?