+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 83rd Draw

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
these 2750 draws are depressing... I have no hope for a 420 draw anytime soon anymore.

I'm packing up my life in South Africa now and going to go travel Europe for a bit and maybe settle there, thankfully I have a UK passport so I can still do that until Brexit next year.

Still hoping for Brexit to be scrapped, idiotic decision that one

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
I am losing my hope sitting at 419
goodbye everybody
Hey it's too early to loose hope buddy.
Remember, if you can't take direct route, you can take detour by taking PNP route.

All it takes is "will" to pursue your goal.

Contactnisha

Jul 15, 2017
these 2750 draws are depressing... I have no hope for a 420 draw anytime soon anymore.

I'm packing up my life in South Africa now and going to go travel Europe for a bit and maybe settle there, thankfully I have a UK passport so I can still do that until Brexit next year.

Me too trying to settle down in my country.
But there is no limit for our dreams.
Everyday before going to bed I just dream of some magic happening and taking me and my family to Canada.
That dream seems to be so lively that even I felt as being a citizen of Canada for 3 years.
Still it's God's decision not mine. I tried my best, but ignored my possibility of oinp(the biggest mistake).
So, visiting this forum was my life and spirit and will continue to do the same and wish all getting their ITAs a bright and prosperous future ahead.
Those like me are not losers but certain parameters have not made us qualify, but it is for our good only.Maybe we have many more to do in our mother country.
So good luck guys.

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
Me too trying to settle down in my country.
But there is no limit for our dreams.
Everyday before going to bed I just dream of some magic happening and taking me and my family to Canada.
That dream seems to be so lively that even I felt as being a citizen of Canada for 3 years.
Still it's God's decision not mine. I tried my best, but ignored my possibility of oinp(the biggest mistake).
So, visiting this forum was my life and spirit and will continue to do the same and wish all getting their ITAs a bright and prosperous future ahead.
Those like me are not losers but certain parameters have not made us qualify, but it is for our good only.Maybe we have many more to do in our mother country.
So good luck guys.
Why cant you reapply for OINP?

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017

If you have UK passport then I do not think you have reasons to worry. Imho UK Ian a better place to work and settle down than Canada.

My first choice was UK but I settled for Canada as a second choice.

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
If you have UK passport then I do not think you have reasons to worry. Imho UK Ian a better place to work and settle down than Canada.

My first choice was UK but I settled for Canada as a second choice.
Really? My struggle with the UK is the small land area, which translates into small houses and crowded places

I prefer the open space of South Africa, America and Canada.

But yeah I do know I'm in a luckier place than many where I actually have the choices open to me. Only reason I'm leaving here is my kids are heading towards tertiary education and at the moment I'm not confident my government will fix the issues related to that locally.

Kiki_tonia

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
NOC1121
AOR Received.
31-05-2018
Passport Req..
06-02-2019
I am nearly in same boat as you. 442 now and 437 on Feb 16th.

1.If there is a draw on Jan 31, your chance of getting ITA is high.
2.For a draw on Feb 7th ,I believe cutoff will be between 442-444 (hoping for former). You might miss out because your DOB happens before that.
3.It is really difficult to guess what score will be in March

- Do you have option to improve your IELTS or have you already got max score in IELTS?
I have found my birthday mate! Happy birthday in advance. I am currently at 437 and will loose points come Feb 16. As much as I would love to say "crap", it's a blessing to see yet another birthday even if it comes with losing points.
Nevertheless, I am hopeful that at 432, I'll get an ITA pretty soon. There's pretty nothing I can do to increase my score as I maxed my IELTS, so must continue to hope and pray that the cut-off comes down.

Reactions: ademed22

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
@GavinSouthAfrica @Contactnisha @All

I can understand your frustration, but please don't loose your hopes.
If you observe draws of 2017, you can infer that cut-off's for this year is also synonymous to previous year.
You have a whole year ahead. we cannot be sure if the CRS will go down drastically or gradually but you can be sure that CRS will come down eventually.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations/results-previous.html

Though you knew these things, I wanted to re-iterate, Just because this draw didn't happen to you doesn't mean it won't happen at all.
It will come, only a bit late :) :)

Tony20182017

Star Member
Jan 15, 2018
AOR Received.
19-09-2017
Really? My struggle with the UK is the small land area, which translates into small houses and crowded places

I prefer the open space of South Africa, America and Canada.

But yeah I do know I'm in a luckier place than many where I actually have the choices open to me. Only reason I'm leaving here is my kids are heading towards tertiary education and at the moment I'm not confident my government will fix the issues related to that locally.
Well each to his own. I studied in UK and found it to be very to my liking. And plenty of open spaces in many town up north if that's your thing, Although I preferred the liveliness of London. But I guess Canada will give whole new meaning to openness!

And yeah you are much better placed than many people who are desperate to escape their home countries. Best luck for your future plans

GavinSouthAfrica

Apr 19, 2017
@GavinSouthAfrica @Contactnisha @All

I can understand your frustration, but please don't loose your hopes.
If you observe draws of 2017, you can infer that cut-off's for this year is also synonymous to previous year.
You have a whole year ahead. we cannot be sure if the CRS will go down drastically or gradually but you can be sure that CRS will come down eventually.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations/results-previous.html

Though you knew these things, I wanted to re-iterate, Just because this draw didn't happen to you doesn't mean it won't happen at all.
It will come, only a bit late :) :)
I'm on 420 and losing 5 points in July... if I don't get an ITA by then I highly doubt I ever will.

Hoping for a nice drop before then