+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 83rd Draw

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
So CIC continues to play games and frustrate people in the pool. After 2 years they break the trend of 3 draws in Jan month.

You should understand that all this is tactics for forcing people to go for other options. Just think about it... why would Ontario release NOI's to people with 440s CRS range? When they already know that people in 440s will get direct ITA in 2-3 rounds.
other options? what other options do people have?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019

Incomerinca

Dec 9, 2017
NOC Code......
If your spouse has ECA and IELTS, it may help boost your CRS. I’d rather have my application delayed for a few months (please note I added my husband after AOR) than leaving him behind. :)

As others have said, spousal sponsorship takes much longer than the EE.
There will be always cases where the CRS without spouse is higher. There will be always cases where their score with spouse is just below ITA.
You can go for sponsorship later if you want. Just be aware, that it is a long process (additional 2 years of a headache). And also be aware, that even spousal sponsorship does have yearly quotas.
So if they run out of yearly quota, your application might be dragged to next year.

Seriously in many cases it is easier to go for ECA and IELTS instead (shorter way how to get through together).
Thank you so much for your invaluable opinions. Speaking about my case, spouse ECA, IELTS and employee reference letters ( In short all required documents) are completed but unfortunately she is not able to score higher in IELTS as expected. As age is by her side, we can later apply for study visas also as her master study is due and vital for her future career. She is also trying to overcome IELTS anxiety (She has good command of language but don't know why unable to score as per her caliber) for her to be primary applicant.

sharma_vidhyut

Nov 27, 2017
I guess he is talking about the people who are in high 430s...that not to wait long for direct ITA and opt for NOI from the provinces if they are already issued to them...!!
And this makes sense also if we look at the current trend of CIC cut offs and OINP cut offs....this was never so much in sync...!! May be they are trying to help the provinces (specially OINP) first to fill their quota and then come up with a new plan to fill theirs. May be it is hard on the folks to say "have patience" who are waiting since 2017 but that really is the key at the end. If we can just take 2018 as a new start and take this year on its full, then it really gives us a 'ray of hope' when that magical draw happens like the one in 2017. Who would have expected that CIC will ever come down to this score. We can hope for that magic to repeat itself again somewhere in 2018..!!

Reactions: ShahidF and Talk2jt

Sami123

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hi everyone
If anybody can help me from where can I get a master degree or past graduate degree in a quick and easy way but it has to be From accredited figure

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I guess he is talking about the people who are in high 430s...that not to wait long for direct ITA and opt for NOI from the provinces if they are already issued to them...!!
And this makes sense also if we look at the current trend of CIC cut offs and OINP cut offs....this was never so much in sync...!! May be they are trying to help the provinces (specially OINP) first to fill their quota and then come up with a new plan to fill theirs. May be it is hard on the folks to say "have patience" who are waiting since 2017 but that really is the key at the end. If we can just take 2018 as a new start and take this year on its full, then it really gives us a 'ray of hope' when that magical draw happens like the one in 2017. Who would have expected that CIC will ever come down to this score. We can hope for that magic to repeat itself again somewhere in 2018..!!
Vidhyut said it all!

Surely it seems like CIC is helping out provinces to fill their quota first. :)

Anyways Zag; you are already on the plane.. prepare post ITA documents as you are sure to get ITA in next draw!

Reactions: sharma_vidhyut

Fishal2017

Jun 3, 2017
Hi everyone
If anybody can help me from where can I get a master degree or past graduate degree in a quick and easy way but it has to be From accredited figure
Well to start with, start searching for universities online and apply for the course related to your profession, enroll in the same and finish the degree.
This seems to be a rather simple and straightforward way to get what you are seeking.
God bless us all.

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Hi,

Am presently at 443 and hope to get ITA before the end of February. At the moment, am trying to put documents together. A friend advised I will need all copies of my previous passports, detailing my travel history of the last 10 years. I don't know how true this is. Also, i can't seem to find all my passports. Please advise me on what to do
This would be tricky. Maybe someone with post-ITA experience can comment. I don't even know where my old passport is.

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
This would be tricky. Maybe someone with post-ITA experience can comment. I don't even know where my old passport is.
Only your current passport is necessary, and there is a placeholder for this. Should you wish to upload your old passport (I did as I had travelled on it), please include it as part of your LOE (Letter of Explanation), for which there is another placeholder.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: sundar17feb99

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Only your current passport is necessary, and there is a placeholder for this. Should you wish to upload your old passport (I did as I had travelled on it), please include it as part of your LOE (Letter of Explanation), for which there is another placeholder.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for quick reply, @Jakev. I travelled with an old passport and am not using that anymore. I may have that passport around but, do not know where exactly. In this case, do you think an LOE is sufficient? Or, is it a must to have a copy of old passport (and visa stamp)?

Jakev

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2017
NOC Code......
0114 and 0125
AOR Received.
14-11-2017
Thanks for quick reply, @Jakev. I travelled with an old passport and am not using that anymore. I may have that passport around but, do not know where exactly. In this case, do you think an LOE is sufficient? Or, is it a must to have a copy of old passport (and visa stamp)?
I had an extensive travel history too, and an ADR (Additional Document Request) is commonly asked by the CIC notwithstanding the meticulous details we mention in the eAPR form. However, I also ensured that I put a screenshot of all my travels, and added an extra column which indicated the 'number of days' I spent in every country- all this was on the LOE.

It'd be immensely beneficial to only put the immigration stamps on your old passport should you have - no harm if you don't.

Reactions: sundar17feb99

swhere

Jan 28, 2018
I got 6 in W and 7.5 in L (my score is 431) what do u recommend sit again for Ielts? If yes, can u recommend some study material to improve my writing?
I would definitely recommend you to get CLB 9 you just need a .5 increase in listening and 7 in all other sections. The difference between CLB 8 and CLB 9 is huge where as CLB 10 and higher not that huge. Good luck with a little bit more effort you can cross 450 I guess and that will ensure the ITA.

swhere

Jan 28, 2018
Anyone please?
I got 7 in writing and L - 8, R - 8.5, S- 8 in my first attempt hence there was no need to improve even though I was not at all impressed with W - 7. Only tip is to write one or two essays per day until next test and read through it to correct your errors and perfect the art. Collins writing for ielts, Barrons and Cambridge books. Listen to the tips of Liz

Gourav147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
My story so far:
Appeared for the ielts on Dec 16 2017 and score was L8,S7.5,W7,R6.5 .Could not believe my reading score,thought to apply for reval but as per google search refrained from that,and appeared for the test on Jan6th.I got the result of Dec 16th on 29th Dec and immediately booked for the next slot on Jan 6th,I had to traveled to a different city as there were no seat available in my city. Result was supposed to be declared on 19th Jan but was delayed till 27th Jan and again till 2nd feb.I will loose 5 points on feb 26th.The wait of ielts results is really painful.

Reactions: Gurpreet1112