+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 83rd Draw

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
1. Can't use an IELTS score that has expired.
2. Think it's one year since you created the EE profile. Each time you decline an ITA, you go back into the pool.
I only created my EE profile in November 2017. But if I reject an ITA in February 2018 does my profile also become invalid? ie do I need to recreate an EE profile even though its creation has not exceeded 1 year?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I only created my EE profile in November 2017. But if I reject an ITA in February 2018 does my profile also become invalid? ie do I need to recreate an EE profile even though its creation has not exceeded 1 year?
nope, no need. Your name goes back into the pool.

Reactions: Supernova

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
My score from first test are L8,S7.5,W7,R6.5 overall 7.5.
Should I apply for reval for Reading
Highly unlikely that your Reading scores will change.

sharma_vidhyut

Nov 27, 2017
Hi everyone,

I am sitting at 443 right now but my IELTS will expire on Feb 20th. Most likely I will not be able to file my application on time even if I receive an ITA on the Feb 7th draw using the old IELTS score. But I am writing my IELTS on Feb 10th. I expect to get my results by Feb 24th.

So in summary:
  • CRS Points- 443
  • IELTS expires: Feb 20th
  • New IELTS date: Feb 10
  • New IELTS result expected: Feb 24rd

My questions:

1) Can I use my old IELTS score to file my application if my new IELTS score is almost equal to the old IELTS score? Can I make the argument to CIC that even though my old IELTS score expired, my new score grants me the same points as the old score in language skills?

I have always dreamed of Canada as my home. I ask this because I do not want to miss out on an ITA when I get it and move to Canada. Who knows if I will or won't get another ITA again?

2) if I don't accept my ITA for the February draw do I need to create a new express entry profile for the next draw? How many ITAs can one decline until you are asked to create a new profile?
Regarding your first query about IELTS expiry at the time of ITA, there's another work around but terms and conditions apply:
IRCC website says that if there's a change in your profile after you receive an ITA you have to make sure that the change is reflected in your APR but first you need to recalculate your CRS score. If that negatively impact your CRS score i.e. your new CRS falls below the lowest CRS of that draw in which you were granted the ITA then you should reject your ITA and go back to the pool nd update your EE profile. (Instructions from EE Ministerial Instructions)
But, like in your case, if you manage to score the same in IELTS as your previous score, then obviously your CRS remains the same and you can go ahead with submitting your APR but you must make sure that you mention the changes since after ITA we cannot update our profile.

Refer this page, if still have doubts: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/invitation-apply.html

Reactions: Supernova

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
My score from first test are L8,S7.5,W7,R6.5 overall 7.5.
Should I apply for reval for Reading
Did you write IELTS for the first time?

Apologize for making a generic comment, I have edited it as follows

Selected Candidates* who have a minor struggle with their language will be awarded a 6.5 on IELTS by default. This 6.5 can result in any module.

*Unfortunately these selected candidates are the 90% of IELTS customers.

Original comment
By default the IELTS system marks you a 6.5 in any one of the modules, if you had chosen 'Immigration' while applying.

Last edited:

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
By default the IELTS system marks you a 6.5 in any one of the modules, if you had chosen 'Immigration' while applying.
I dont think the above statement is true. I mentioned Immigration and I got L8.5R8W7.5S7.