+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 83rd Draw

kanu

Feb 26, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
My story so far:
Appeared for the ielts on Dec 16 2017 and score was L8,S7.5,W7,R6.5 .Could not believe my reading score,thought to apply for reval but as per google search refrained from that,and appeared for the test on Jan6th.I got the result of Dec 16th on 29th Dec and immediately booked for the next slot on Jan 6th,I had to traveled to a different city as there were no seat available in my city. Result was supposed to be declared on 19th Jan but was delayed till 27th Jan and again till 2nd feb.I will loose 5 points on feb 26th.The wait of ielts results is really painful.
I gave the Jan 6th IELTS, the results were declared on 24th Jan. Please check again.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
My story so far:
Appeared for the ielts on Dec 16 2017 and score was L8,S7.5,W7,R6.5 .Could not believe my reading score,thought to apply for reval but as per google search refrained from that,and appeared for the test on Jan6th.I got the result of Dec 16th on 29th Dec and immediately booked for the next slot on Jan 6th,I had to traveled to a different city as there were no seat available in my city. Result was supposed to be declared on 19th Jan but was delayed till 27th Jan and again till 2nd feb.I will loose 5 points on feb 26th.The wait of ielts results is really painful.
Not possible. My appeared for the 6th January test and her results were in her hand by the 20th January. Based on the results of that score, she created her progile and we also got ITA.

Gourav147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Not possible. My appeared for the 6th January test and her results were in her hand by the 20th January. Based on the results of that score, she created her progile and we also got ITA.
There are many people from 6th Jan slot still awaiting for results.We have groups in canada visa forum and FB.

smcan2014

Oct 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
06-01-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Vidhyut said it all!

Surely it seems like CIC is helping out provinces to fill their quota first. :)

Anyways Zag; you are already on the plane.. prepare post ITA documents as you are sure to get ITA in next draw!
hahahaha, already on the plane! Not really, am going to be flying out next year!

kushagra452

Apr 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How so. If you don't mind explaining
Sure. I believe this is a Post-Graduate Diploma and will be counted as part of your education. I have a Diploma from the UK and have got ECA done and have been granted points for it.

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Hi everyone,

I am sitting at 443 right now but my IELTS will expire on Feb 20th. Most likely I will not be able to file my application on time even if I receive an ITA on the Feb 7th draw using the old IELTS score. But I am writing my IELTS on Feb 10th. I expect to get my results by Feb 24th.

So in summary:
  • CRS Points- 443
  • IELTS expires: Feb 20th
  • New IELTS date: Feb 10
  • New IELTS result expected: Feb 24rd

My questions:

1) Can I use my old IELTS score to file my application if my new IELTS score is almost equal to the old IELTS score? Can I make the argument to CIC that even though my old IELTS score expired, my new score grants me the same points as the old score in language skills?

I have always dreamed of Canada as my home. I ask this because I do not want to miss out on an ITA when I get it and move to Canada. Who knows if I will or won't get another ITA again?

2) if I don't accept my ITA for the February draw do I need to create a new express entry profile for the next draw? How many ITAs can one decline until you are asked to create a new profile?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I guess he is talking about the people who are in high 430s...that not to wait long for direct ITA and opt for NOI from the provinces if they are already issued to them...!!
And this makes sense also if we look at the current trend of CIC cut offs and OINP cut offs....this was never so much in sync...!! May be they are trying to help the provinces (specially OINP) first to fill their quota and then come up with a new plan to fill theirs. May be it is hard on the folks to say "have patience" who are waiting since 2017 but that really is the key at the end. If we can just take 2018 as a new start and take this year on its full, then it really gives us a 'ray of hope' when that magical draw happens like the one in 2017. Who would have expected that CIC will ever come down to this score. We can hope for that magic to repeat itself again somewhere in 2018..!!
those in the 430s will get an ITA soon. Those accusing CIC of keeping scores higher than usual are being negative - don't lose hope, a new dawn is on the horizon.
I believe that they are trying their best to get scores down because they are just going to unnecessarily have too many people in the system.

Reactions: sharma_vidhyut

Gourav147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Yes.I have mail from ielts saying result is delayed.
----------------------
Dear Gourav Kumar Nayak,

Notification of Delay of IELTS Test Results

We refer to your IELTS test of 6 January 2018 against passport # K5798797.

IELTS recognises that you have taken our test in support of an application for further study, migration, or professional recognition.

As part of our strict quality control procedures to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, results are routinely analysed before they are issued to candidates.

These procedures have flagged results from the test taken on 6 January 2018 for further analysis, and therefore your results will not be released on 19 January 2018.

IELTS reserves the right to undertake further analysis as stated in its declaration on the IELTS application form. By agreeing to the declaration you have declared that 'I understand that my results may not be issued 13 days after the test if IELTS deems it necessary to review any matter associated with my test'.

We will provide you with an update on your results on 27 January 2018.

If you have an approaching deadline, please contact us at results.ielts@idp.com with details of your chosen recognising organisations.

We can provide an official letter that can be presented to those chosen organisations explaining the delay in the release of results as part of IELTS routine quality and assurance procedures.

Thank you for your patience while we complete the necessary analysis.
-------------------------------------------
Dear Gourav Kumar Nayak,

Passport # K5798797

An update on the delayed release of IELTS results from 6 January, 2018

As previously notified, as part processes to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, results from the 6 January, 2018 test have been delayed.

Assisting with your deadlines:

IELTS recognises that you may have taken the test in support of an application for further study, migration, or professional recognition.

If you still require an official letter for recognising organisations explaining the delay in the release of results as part of IELTS procedures, please reply to this email and include the following details:

· Your first name and last name

· IELTS test centre location

· Name of chosen receiving organisation

· Address of receiving organisation

· Application due date

We understand this may cause inconvenience, however these processes are required to protect the interests of the genuine test takers and the 10,000 recognising organisations that rely on the integrity of IELTS results. At this time we cannot give you a definite date for the release of results.

We will be back in touch with an update on the 2nd February, 2018.

Thank you for your patience while we complete the necessary analysis.

Regards,

TEAM IDP IELTS

--------------------------------------------

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone,

I am sitting at 443 right now but my IELTS will expire on Feb 20th. Most likely I will not be able to file my application on time even if I receive an ITA on the Feb 7th draw using the old IELTS score. But I am writing my IELTS on Feb 10th. I expect to get my results by Feb 24th.

So in summary:
  • CRS Points- 443
  • IELTS expires: Feb 20th
  • New IELTS date: Feb 10
  • New IELTS result expected: Feb 24rd

My questions:

1) Can I use my old IELTS score to file my application if my new IELTS score is almost equal to the old IELTS score? Can I make the argument to CIC that even though my old IELTS score expired, my new score grants me the same points as the old score in language skills?

I have always dreamed of Canada as my home. I ask this because I do not want to miss out on an ITA when I get it and move to Canada. Who knows if I will or won't get another ITA again?

2) if I don't accept my ITA for the February draw do I need to create a new express entry profile for the next draw? How many ITAs can one decline until you are asked to create a new profile?

1. Can't use an IELTS score that has expired.
2. Think it's one year since you created the EE profile. Each time you decline an ITA, you go back into the pool.

Reactions: Supernova

Gourav147

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
I dont know what to do.There is no definite date on when the results will be out,they are just saying next update is on Feb 2nd.In such situation difficult to prepare for next date,as I hope this time I will get the desired score.Guys who have appeared after us,Jan 19th slot, will get their results tomorrow,and here is ppl like me dont know the date when result will be out.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
I dont know what to do.There is no definite date on when the results will be out,they are just saying next update is on Feb 2nd.In such situation difficult to prepare for next date,as I hope this time I will get the desired score.Guys who have appeared after us,Jan 19th slot, will get their results tomorrow,and here is ppl like me dont know the date when result will be out.
don't count on it. Possible that their results might get delayed as well. I read posts where those from December 16th also had their results delayed.