Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regarding OINP:

Here is what was observed in French stream in 2016 / 2017:

1. Only new profiles got NOI (They were sending NOI like 1-2x a week and they have only checked the profiles that were created since last NOI batch).
2. Only profiles that at the point of creation met all their criteria got NOI. So for example you had a Fresh profile and you have only added your second language results after creating it, you did not get NOI
3. They had hidden criteria for NOI as well. In this stream you had to have CBL 7 from French and CBL 6 from English. What was the hidden requirement, that you had to put French language as your first language. So if you did not have it at the time of creating your profile and only change it after you did not get NOI.
4. New profile recreation according to the rules about did trigger NOI. (but then again, there were much less candidates, that met the requirements for that stream, so no other hidden rule was applied).
5. It was never confirmed if anybody who let his first NOI expire did get new NOI after getting a new profile.
6. They can most likely check to which account does the profile belong to (some people got nominations when their old profiles were about to expire and they were asking Ontario to send it to the new profile. So I assume they must have access to that info in order to confirm, that it is the same person).

As you can see, none of the practices are stated as official guidelines, but they were well observed.
In order to defer any demands for NOI, they put that statement about NOI on their website (that just because you meet all the points it does not mean, that you can get NOI)
And just as for French speakers, they might have some hidden requirements which we are not aware of (for example which profile will get NOI first if they have too many new profiles...)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not in the short term because after sending noi there is a period of 45 days for the applicants to accept and send the documents.
Ontario then accepts and nominates the applicant in a month or two which gives the additional 600 points. This addition to large number of applicants will reflect the pool and thereby cutoff may increase
1. Ontario just like Federal stage does not send out all nominations at the same time.
2. Their current approach is to send out several batches of NOI and then proceed with application.
3. ITA do count with EE PNP as well. Would there be no PNP, the needed ITA would be lower.

Arod

May 15, 2017
Hi forum members, I'm in a bit of a dilemma and if anyone can advise it would be greatly appreciated.

If I apply to EE as married with my spouse accompanying me my score would be 424, once she finishes her studies in May my score would increase to 432. I lose 5 points in June due to my birthday, so after June it will be 427. I know that the CRS score went as low as 413 last year, but nobody knows if the CRS score will drop to that level again. We are outside of Canada now and have maxed out our IELTS scores already.

If I apply as married with my spouse not accompanying me my score would be 445 which would put me very close to direct ITA. Assuming I become a permanent resident, I will eventually need to sponsor my spouse . It is my understanding that in order for me to sponsor my wife I would need to reside in Canada and the process would take about a year.

Living in Canada without my wife for a year is simply out of the question, but at the same time, I'm afraid that if I include her in the application our time for direct ITA will never come.

Having said all of this, I'd like to know what my options are. I understand a spouse of a permanent resident can get a temporary work permit but I don't know how easy it is to get one of these. On the other hand, she could apply for a tourist visa before I become a PR so she can be with me in Canada while her papers are in progress, but again, I'm not sure how feasible this is. I also understand there are some provincial nominations that would give 600 additional points, but I'm not sure my profession (Finance and Accounting) will help me get one of these.

My biggest fear is never getting a direct ITA if I apply with my wife and then later regretting not applying as married with spouse not accompanying me. But at the same time, it is not right asking her to stay outside of Canada for a year while her papers are being processed.

What do you experts suggest in this case?

Reactions: jjlucas

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can a person who has 400 or above CRS points directly apply to OINP for consideration without NOI.
@abhishek_89 bro kindly comment.
No.
Or technically No for any of their EE streams.

You can apply directly if you meet the criteria for their paper based streams (Masters and PHD, employer driven, corporate...)

jjlucas

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi forum members, I'm in a bit of a dilemma and if anyone can advise it would be greatly appreciated.

If I apply to EE as married with my spouse accompanying me my score would be 424, once she finishes her studies in May my score would increase to 432. I lose 5 points in June due to my birthday, so after June it will be 427. I know that the CRS score went as low as 413 last year, but nobody knows if the CRS score will drop to that level again. We are outside of Canada now and have maxed out our IELTS scores already.

If I apply as married with my spouse not accompanying me my score would be 445 which would put me very close to direct ITA. Assuming I become a permanent resident, I will eventually need to sponsor my spouse . It is my understanding that in order for me to sponsor my wife I would need to reside in Canada and the process would take about a year.

Living in Canada without my wife for a year is simply out of the question, but at the same time, I'm afraid that if I include her in the application our time for direct ITA will never come.

Having said all of this, I'd like to know what my options are. I understand a spouse of a permanent resident can get a temporary work permit but I don't know how easy it is to get one of these. On the other hand, she could apply for a tourist visa before I become a PR so she can be with me in Canada while her papers are in progress, but again, I'm not sure how feasible this is. I also understand there are some provincial nominations that would give 600 additional points, but I'm not sure my profession (Finance and Accounting) will help me get one of these.

My biggest fear is never getting a direct ITA if I apply with my wife and then later regretting not applying as married with spouse not accompanying me. But at the same time, it is not right asking her to stay outside of Canada for a year while her papers are being processed.

What do you experts suggest in this case?

Hey there!

First of all, I'm no expert; however I do understand your dilemma, and will give out my best possible advice.

First, I don't think that you'll ever reach the crs score of 432 given the facts you just gave. Because even though your wife will end her studies on May, making the evaluation through WES, or any other credential evaluation, takes a lot of time. Your birthday will get sooner than your wife's credential.

So your best scenario with her in the EE profile is a 427 score points, and as you mentioned, we are unsure of the possibilities of CRS coming down to that number anytime soon.

Can't she live with you, holding a tourist visa, while you sponsor her?

The only setback for you guys, would be that she needs to return to her country every 6 months, or at least apply for tourist visa every 5 months until her PPR comes out.

I don't know, I might be wrong, but if that is feasible to you, it may be the best route.

Please anyone correct me, if I am wrong.

Reactions: Mithu3 and Arod

Arod

May 15, 2017
Hey there!

First of all, I'm no expert; however I do understand your dilemma, and will give out my best possible advice.

First, I don't think that you'll ever reach the crs score of 432 given the facts you just gave. Because even though your wife will end her studies on May, making the evaluation through WES, or any other credential evaluation, takes a lot of time. Your birthday will get sooner than your wife's credential.

So your best scenario with her in the EE profile is a 427 score points, and as you mentioned, we are unsure of the possibilities of CRS coming down to that number anytime soon.

Can't she live with you, holding a tourist visa, while you sponsor her?

The only setback for you guys, would be that she needs to return to her country every 6 months, or at least apply for tourist visa every 5 months until her PPR comes out.

I don't know, I might be wrong, but if that is feasible to you, it may be the best route.

Please anyone correct me, if I am wrong.
Hi,Jjlucas

Thanks for your reply. She actually finishes her studies in April, but I put May considering that WES in theory takes 20 business days to provide the report. So I'm thinking best case scenario, we can request her degree completion certificate as soon as she ends her program, do the translations and submit to WES as soon as possible. Either way, 432 or 427, nobody knows if the score will drop to that level again.

Now, regarding your tourist visa comment while her papers are in progress, I think she would be open to that possibility. My only concern here is, will she be granted a tourist visa if the consulate officials see that her husband is a PR?

Reactions: jjlucas

jjlucas

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,Jjlucas

Thanks for your reply. She actually finishes her studies in April, but I put May considering that WES in theory takes 20 business days to provide the report. So I'm thinking best case scenario, we can request her degree completion certificate as soon as she ends her program, do the translations and submit to WES as soon as possible. Either way, 432 or 427, nobody knows if the score will drop to that level again.

Now, regarding your tourist visa comment while her papers are in progress, I think she would be open to that possibility. My only concern here is, will she be granted a tourist visa if the consulate officials see that her husband is a PR?

Well, it wouldn't harm trying, I guess? The worst that can happen is her being denied...

Besides, you wouldn't be the first one doing this:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/visitor-visa-granted-wife-of-pr.273759/

So, a good strategy would be changing nothing right now, and trying for her tourist visa. If, by any chances she gets the tourist visa, you would change your EE application as married, but without her accompanying you. :)

Reactions: Arod

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Any chance Ontario will issue NOI today? I've been religiously refreshing my Inbox for 3 hours now :eek::eek::eek:

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
Dear Friends,
1st IELTS score - L-8, R-6.5, S-7 and W-7.5.
2nd IELTS score - L-8.5, R-8.5, W-6.5 and R-7.
3rd IELTS score - L-8.5, R-7, S-6.5 and W-7.
I thought I can achieve at least 7 in all somehow I lost in 0.5 Could you please suggest
1. Can I apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt as the result published on 29-Dec-2017?
1. Is it worth to apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt. Will it help?
2. When will we receive revaluation result?
3. Is there any chance that Mark goes down?

Please advise.

Many Thanks,
rthoguluva

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Dear Friends,
1st IELTS score - L-8, R-6.5, S-7 and W-7.5.
2nd IELTS score - L-8.5, R-8.5, W-6.5 and R-7.
3rd IELTS score - L-8.5, R-7, S-6.5 and W-7.
I thought I can achieve at least 7 in all somehow I lost in 0.5 Could you please suggest
1. Can I apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt as the result published on 29-Dec-2017?
1. Is it worth to apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt. Will it help?
2. When will we receive revaluation result?
3. Is there any chance that Mark goes down?

Please advise.

Many Thanks,
rthoguluva
Oh my I can totally relate to you. I am also contemplating to re-sit IELTS. First attempt I missed .5 in Writing. Second attempt missed 1 point in Listening. It's driving me crazy!

Regarding Remarking, I tried that after my first attempt (LRSW- 9,8,8,6.5) but wasn't successful. In the website of IDP/BC they say you will get the result after 6-8 weeks. In my case it was released after 2 weeks only! But again, not in my favor. Your original rating will not go down, that's for sure. It will either increase or stay as is. If you think you're confident with your performance in Speaking, I'd say go for it! (request for remarking should be filed within 6 weeks from results date so technically you're still good).

Reactions: rthoguluva

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
Oh my I can totally relate to you. I am also contemplating to re-sit IELTS. First attempt I missed .5 in Writing. Second attempt missed 1 point in Listening. It's driving me crazy!

Regarding Remarking, I tried that after my first attempt (LRSW- 9,8,8,6.5) but wasn't successful. In the website of IDP/BC they say you will get the result after 6-8 weeks. In my case it was released after 2 weeks only! But again, not in my favor. Your original rating will not go down, that's for sure. It will either increase or stay as is. If you think you're confident with your performance in Speaking, I'd say go for it! (request for remarking should be filed within 6 weeks from results date so technically you're still good).
Thanks for your prompt response.
1. Can I apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt as the test date was 16-Dec-2017 and result published on 29-Dec-2017?. Am I eligible to apply revaluation?