+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 82nd Draw

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
Dear Friends,
1st IELTS score - L-8, R-6.5, S-7 and W-7.5.
2nd IELTS score - L-8.5, R-8.5, W-6.5 and R-7.
3rd IELTS score - L-8.5, R-7, S-6.5 and W-7.
I thought I can achieve at least 7 in all somehow I lost in 0.5 Could you please suggest
1. Can I apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt as the result published on 29-Dec-2017?
1. Is it worth to apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt. Will it help?
2. When will we receive revaluation result?
3. Is there any chance that Mark goes down?

Please advise.

Many Thanks,
rthoguluva

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Dear Friends,
1st IELTS score - L-8, R-6.5, S-7 and W-7.5.
2nd IELTS score - L-8.5, R-8.5, W-6.5 and R-7.
3rd IELTS score - L-8.5, R-7, S-6.5 and W-7.
I thought I can achieve at least 7 in all somehow I lost in 0.5 Could you please suggest
1. Can I apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt as the result published on 29-Dec-2017?
1. Is it worth to apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt. Will it help?
2. When will we receive revaluation result?
3. Is there any chance that Mark goes down?

Please advise.

Many Thanks,
rthoguluva
Oh my I can totally relate to you. I am also contemplating to re-sit IELTS. First attempt I missed .5 in Writing. Second attempt missed 1 point in Listening. It's driving me crazy!

Regarding Remarking, I tried that after my first attempt (LRSW- 9,8,8,6.5) but wasn't successful. In the website of IDP/BC they say you will get the result after 6-8 weeks. In my case it was released after 2 weeks only! But again, not in my favor. Your original rating will not go down, that's for sure. It will either increase or stay as is. If you think you're confident with your performance in Speaking, I'd say go for it! (request for remarking should be filed within 6 weeks from results date so technically you're still good).

Reactions: rthoguluva

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
Oh my I can totally relate to you. I am also contemplating to re-sit IELTS. First attempt I missed .5 in Writing. Second attempt missed 1 point in Listening. It's driving me crazy!

Regarding Remarking, I tried that after my first attempt (LRSW- 9,8,8,6.5) but wasn't successful. In the website of IDP/BC they say you will get the result after 6-8 weeks. In my case it was released after 2 weeks only! But again, not in my favor. Your original rating will not go down, that's for sure. It will either increase or stay as is. If you think you're confident with your performance in Speaking, I'd say go for it! (request for remarking should be filed within 6 weeks from results date so technically you're still good).
Thanks for your prompt response.
1. Can I apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt as the test date was 16-Dec-2017 and result published on 29-Dec-2017?. Am I eligible to apply revaluation?

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
1. Can I apply revaluation for my 3rd attempt as the test date was 16-Dec-2017 and result published on 29-Dec-2017?. Am I eligible to apply revaluation?
I just checked the website again to be sure. Enquiry should be made 6 weeks from your test date NOT results date. You have until January 27 to request for remarking.

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
You call them and check. That's the best way to get an answer.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,Jjlucas

Thanks for your reply. She actually finishes her studies in April, but I put May considering that WES in theory takes 20 business days to provide the report. So I'm thinking best case scenario, we can request her degree completion certificate as soon as she ends her program, do the translations and submit to WES as soon as possible. Either way, 432 or 427, nobody knows if the score will drop to that level again.

Now, regarding your tourist visa comment while her papers are in progress, I think she would be open to that possibility. My only concern here is, will she be granted a tourist visa if the consulate officials see that her husband is a PR?
From what you say, it seems that your spouse does not have very good language skills. You can loose app. 25 points because of your spouse, but that can be caught up easily with education and language.
(Eg. CBL 7 on 1 language and 3 years bachelor would give you 20 points and put you somewhere close to 440).

Arod

May 15, 2017
From what you say, it seems that your spouse does not have very good language skills. You can loose app. 25 points because of your spouse, but that can be caught up easily with education and language.
(Eg. CBL 7 on 1 language and 3 years bachelor would give you 20 points and put you somewhere close to 440).
You're right, she definitely can improve her language skills, but it will take a while before she can reach an acceptable level as she works and goes to school and doesn't have enough time to do other stuff. The 3 years bachelor degree is what she will get in April.

Reactions: Mithu3 and vensak

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You're right, she definitely can improve her language skills, but it will take a while before she can reach an acceptable level as she works and goes to school and doesn't have enough time to do other stuff. The 3 years bachelor degree is what she will get in April.
Check if you can do something with French language, That would help you decently. Also monitor closely Ontario and if they do issue NOI That should help.

And it is good to see, that you know your blocking points and try to do something with it (yes some actions do take time to accomplish)

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Has anyone been issued Ontario NOI recently?
If yes when was you EE profile created.
Thanks.
Have not heard of anyone receiving it yet. I was told they will resume sending it 'shortly'. I hope that means any time today.

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
Have not heard of anyone receiving it yet. I was told they will resume sending it 'shortly'. I hope that means any time today.
who told "they will resume sending it 'shortly" some one from OINP office ?

maria0314

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
who told "they will resume sending it 'shortly" some one from OINP office ?
I sent them a message through their official Facebook page (at least that's what the page claims) and someone responded with "The OINP will resume issuing Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to applicants who qualify for Ontario's Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream shortly".

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
I sent them a message through their official Facebook page (at least that's what the page claims) and someone responded with "The OINP will resume issuing Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to applicants who qualify for Ontario's Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream shortly".
I hope it's short:D and we all get the NOI.

Reactions: maria0314