+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 82nd Draw

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
Ahhh I was just going to post that I have to flake out! We snagged an amazing apartment and are going to move at the beginning of March when its lease starts, so no need for the February trip now :D My husband is actually on his way back from getting the realtor the bank draft right now - it's a lot of driving in one day but worth it. It was tempting to go in February anyway since my husband has vacation time for it with leaving and all but by canceling we could put the money budgeted for it into the rental bid. It made the difference and we got the perfect place for us. We're so excited! Count me in for March though :D I can't wait! And my husband's bringing back a bunch of Canadian chocolate bars and Fanta to hold me over until we're there :p
So spill... where's the apartment and what's it like?

Reactions: Ascent

urvashi123

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-02-2018
AOR Received.
24-02-2018
Save the Date

First Monthly ROH Toronto meetup
Friday, Feb 9, 7pm
Tim Hortons
444 Yonge St
College TTC station, College Park Building, street level.
We can revisit the location as more people join.

Please let me know if you think you'll be able to attend. Right now, it's moose17 and me.
I am IN :)

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
@abhishek_89 any chance the cut-off is going down to 435 by the end of Feb even though Ontario started their HCP program early this year?
If they strictly keep to the 2 week gap draws and 2750 ITAs then there is a good chance for the cut off to go down till 435 by Feb or Mar..

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Thank you for the link.
Still i was unable to find like who they gove noi. Is is just random people or draws??
They select some of the eligible profiles and send NOIs. It could be based on the NOC or based on new profiles or a combination of both. They have not stated how they select the limited number of people to issue NOI.

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
I sent them a message through their official Facebook page (at least that's what the page claims) and someone responded with "The OINP will resume issuing Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to applicants who qualify for Ontario's Express Entry Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream shortly".
Thank you , I guess there are no new NOI yet to anyone today . hope fully over the weekend some NOI script job runs to send the NOI :) .

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
So spill... where's the apartment and what's it like?
It's in North York on Yonge and is a 1 bed + den with 1 and a half baths, a parking spot, storage locker, and heat's included. We would have been perfectly content in something simpler and more out of the way but this was too good to pass up - and with what we can save by not spending a week up there in February and by getting our house listed earlier (we didn't want to list it before having a move date or when we'd be out of town), the extra cost should be more than made up for. Plus, there's no price on the peace of mind of having a place to land and so far ahead! I was really resigned to getting a place with immediate or 2-3 weeks out occupancy (but we also had to account for the potential of it being 2 months out or something) and rushing to sort out details and then having rent and our mortgage overlap a lot. We're meeting with a local realtor tomorrow so we'll see what she thinks we can manage.

Reactions: Mithu3

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
I would greatly appreciate it if a senior kindly gives me some advice about the issue above.
Hey pedro, I may not be senior member you seek ;) but I did reply for the same ques in other thread.:)

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
It's in North York on Yonge and is a 1 bed + den with 1 and a half baths, a parking spot, storage locker, and heat's included. We would have been perfectly content in something simpler and more out of the way but this was too good to pass up - and with what we can save by not spending a week up there in February and by getting our house listed earlier (we didn't want to list it before having a move date or when we'd be out of town), the extra cost should be more than made up for. Plus, there's no price on the peace of mind of having a place to land and so far ahead! I was really resigned to getting a place with immediate or 2-3 weeks out occupancy (but we also had to account for the potential of it being 2 months out or something) and rushing to sort out details and then having rent and our mortgage overlap a lot. We're meeting with a local realtor tomorrow so we'll see what she thinks we can manage.
That sounds absolutely fantastic. I agree on the no price on peace of mind. My place might be a tiny closet, but it allowed me to be flexible on the days I could be there this month. At the moment I'm in Kingston, for a "residential session" that finishes next Saturday.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Reactions: pedro2121

macaly7

Jan 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
Hi! I need some advice and you all seem so knowledgeable on issues like these.
1) Does anyone know what happens if you can't get a letter from a past employer? Hubby is the main applicant and keeps getting the run around from a company he left in 2010. He's been with his current company for 5+ years. Will he NEED that letter if we get an ITA?

2) I listed my past job but I have not worked for many years. If I do not get points for work will I still need to get a letter? Also should we take it off of our profile so they dont ask for it or would that be lying?

I'm hopful that we will get an ITA soon so we are trying to get as much as we can before.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
comments in red.

1) Does anyone know what happens if you can't get a letter from a past employer? Hubby is the main applicant and keeps getting the run around from a company he left in 2010. He's been with his current company for 5+ years. Will he NEED that letter if we get an ITA?

With respect to CRS, you will get max points for 3+ experience and 6+ for FSW. Hence, if your hubby managed to get reference letter from current employer that would suffice. The rest of the experience can be included in the personal history section.

If you still feel need to acquire from prev employers and they didn't budge your request, you can ask your previous colleagues to sign an affidavit for you.

2) I listed my past job but I have not worked for many years. If I do not get points for work will I still need to get a letter? Also should we take it off of our profile so they dont ask for it or would that be lying?

If you are not claiming points for your work history then it's not lying/misrepresentation.
Also, CIC doesn't care if you are currently working or not. If you want to claim points for your work, you can add those in your profile and try to acquire letter for the same.
Histories for which you are not claiming points can be included in personal history section at ITA stage.

I'm hopful that we will get an ITA soon so we are trying to get as much as we can before.

ypaul

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-01-2018

If it's outside Canada experience, then whether it's 3+ or 10, you get same points. Get a letter from current employer and all the information from 2010 employer like offer letter, relieving/experience letter, salary slips. Somewhere I read you can send notorized affidavit from colleagues or managers also, though I am not 100% sure on that.

Anyways, letter is required post ITA.

Reactions: macaly7