+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 81st Draw

RahulMalpani

Jan 3, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
When I do my analysis, I use this page, however, we also include the number of people remaining in the pool after each draw. This makes the predictions more accurate or a better guess :). The issue with all of this is, if the number of people receiving ITA are more accurate with their applications, then the number of wasted ITA will reduce, which will reduce the number of additional ITAs that are required. Additionally, each ITA is not equivalent to one applicant. Therefore, to your point, we should just sit tight and hope for the best.
Good point about the number of rejections and its effect on the subsequent draws. This also draws attention towards the applications that get delayed. Somewhere I read (not reliable....since it is not from CIC) that atleast 5% applications get rejected and 20% delayed.

If one ASSUMES this to be true then I would lean towards a higher cut-off unless the draw invites significantly high number of applicants (which seems unlikely because Canada would not want to exaust their quota in less rounds.....they would rather wait for applicants with higher score to apply in future rounds).

But I agree.....all this is speculation with no real grounds.....best policy is to sit tight and wait for their invitation.

RahulMalpani

Jan 3, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
That is not accurate. As per IRCC:
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.
So, that means that the CRS will drop if the applicant has a birthday after receiving an ITA. However, if this drop makes the CRS score fall below the cut-off threshold, the applicant will be exempt and the application will not be refused. Good Luck!
Btw this too is incorrect. People falling in this bracket are exempted from refusal.

Read this:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/age-based-requirements.html

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Kindly guide me. I have applied for EOR, as it will take 8 weeks,can i take another IELTS meanwhile. ?
I can use any IELTS result for EE or only latest should be used?

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
Kindly guide me. I have applied for EOR, as it will take 8 weeks,can i take another IELTS meanwhile. ?
I can use any IELTS result for EE or only latest should be used?
You can use any ielts result which has validity (2 years timelimit) whichever test result fetches you more points you can use that irrespective of when it was taken.

jessekay

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
Is anyone sitting for TEF in coming months?
Would be helpful if he/she would like to practice orale section together