+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 81st Draw

Kaveh86

Star Member
Nov 27, 2017
Category........
FSW
I updated my profile on November 23rd after getting my IELTS results. If the draws were conducted as previous rounds, I should have received ITA on November 29th but there was no draw on that date and instead cic invited candidates on December 6th which caused an increase in CRS score above mine.

After that I waited desperately for one month for the January 3rd draw which according to all predictions I had to receive ITA yesterday had there been a draw! I guess I'm not very lucky! All I can do is just wait and keep my documents updated. I even did my medical exam on Wednesday because I was sure I would receive ITA yesterday!

urvashi123

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-02-2018
AOR Received.
24-02-2018
Will there be a draw on friday ? How to know ?

bhvuan

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Hey,

People told me that medicals can be done only after we receive the ITA. Please share your thoughts on that.

Thanks
True...but you can schedule for a later date and then cancel if draw doesn't happen..I tried to schedule post ITA..but I could only get a date 7-10 days later

kdeepak003

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
True...but you can schedule for a later date and then cancel if draw doesn't happen..I tried to schedule post ITA..but I could only get a date 7-10 days later
Thanks. I did that. I haven't received my ITA yet; but hoping that there will be a draw next week I booked an appointment for next Thursday.

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
thank u so much, people have no idea what people like me have to put up with.

its just a guy waiting for ITA. Im answerable to a lot of people, my own personal issues, family crisis all that stuff gets impacted. poeple have no idea and they just can be very mean and hurtful online
I don't believe anyone here was hurtful to you right off the bat. Almost everyone who responded to you since yesterday tried to encourage you and offer you hope and be uplifting.

Isn't that the whole purpose of this thread and forum? To learn and empathize from those who are going through the same experience!

I won't negate your challenges. We all have some issues or the other. We all have very different but equally difficult circumstances and just like you, we are all just ordinary people waiting for an ITA. We are each also answerable to other people in our lives.

Your circumstances are unique to you. I also ask you to not cast aspersions so easily when more than anything most of us tried to understand and encourage you.

You may have been at a very difficult place. We all are. And despite our own anxieties and frustrations we heard you and tried to give you hope. Unfortunately, you were not in a position to be accepting of it.

So yes, we did give you some tough love when it became a lot to handle our own anxieties coupled with everything that you were adding to it in the manner in which you were expressing yourself.

You were intending to self harm despite so many of us reaching out and trying to help you feel better. You cannot expect to have people take that lightly.

Last edited:

viprewind

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-05-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
23-05-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
13-07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2018
LANDED..........
21-07-2018
This site has been good for me and my family in providing additional information to aid my process. Everyone on this thread should try and remember that everything that is being posted is opinion based. This means CRS Cut off, CRS Scores, different stages after AOR. All of it is an opinion. Therefore, regardless of your situation, you should take full responsibility for your choice of coming to Canada. It is hard and full of disappointments. Always remember that once you have a chance there is a Ray of Hope. I do not know if the scores will reduce or increase, however, all indications and historical data points to a reduction in scores. in 2016 a score of 413 was considered impossible and now it is not. This is not legal advice, it is friendly advice. You do not need to agree with me on this, however, we really need to keep this chat very civil and respectable for people who are willing to accept other people point of views. Again thank you for all your support.

RahulMalpani

Jan 3, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations.html

This page gives breakup of no.of people vs their score when the last draw happened. One can get some idea if thry can get ITA.

Assume 20% increase in draw (inline with Canada's announcement to increase intake by 20% in next 2 years)

And nullify this increase with 20% increase in candidates if draw does not take place for long time....since more people sign up.

So, cut-off remains unchanged.

Or be optimistic.....i.e. draw happens in a day or 2 with increased intake.....so, cutoff reduces.

I have one more googly to add to this. Effect of Trump policies.....there are many articles on the internet which say that H1b holders and their families are thinking of Canada. So, gradually we can expect even these guys in the pool.

Let us add more logic to speculation......if nothing else it will keep us occupied with our theories ;)

Reactions: Mithu3

jessekay

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations.html

This page gives breakup of no.of people vs their score when the last draw happened. One can get some idea if thry can get ITA.

Assume 20% increase in draw (inline with Canada's announcement to increase intake by 20% in next 2 years)

And nullify this increase with 20% increase in candidates if draw does not take place for long time....since more people sign up.

Or be optimistic.....i.e. draw happens in a day or 2 with increased intake.....so, cutoff reduces.

I have one more googly to add to this. Effect of Trump policies.....there are many articles on the internet which say that H1b holders and their families are thinking of Canada. So, gradually we can expect even these guys in the pool.

Let us add more logic to speculation......if nothing else it will keep us occupied with our theories ;)
Most sane logic I ve heard so far today

jessekay

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017

:( disheartening though

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018
Be optimistic!!! And in the meantime try to improve your score by improving your English, learning French
there are lots of ways. But in no way should you get depressed. Applying for Canada took me many years till i got the score
In the meantime I lived my life. Smile! :D:)

jessekay

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
Be optimistic!!! And in the meantime try to improve your score by improving your English, learning French
there are lots of ways. But in no way should you get depressed. Applying for Canada took me many years till i got the score
In the meantime I lived my life. Smile! :D:)
M at CLB 10. How do I improve in ielts :/

vjosi

Jun 23, 2017
tirane
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
LANDED..........
18-10-2018

urvashi123

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-02-2018
AOR Received.
24-02-2018
How you guys get such good bands in IELTS?