+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 80th Draw

KJB

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Tried reading through the eligibility requirement. Looks like they scan the pool for candidates and issue an NOI. You can’t apply except you are issued an NOI. Gurus, pls correct me if i’m Wrong
Yes. It is correct. But does anyone know what is the criteria they follow?

delhitoottawa

Oct 23, 2017
Hello friends. Looking for some guidance here. Grateful if someone could help.

Just received my spouse's ECA who has done a diploma (2 years) and a degree (3 years)- both in India. My spouse did the diploma after 12th std (India), while the diploma did admit other students after 10th std as well. We had not specified to WES that my spouse has completed 12th std before undertaking the diploma.

I would like to know if we can claim 2 or more degrees for my spouse.

The ECA is as follows:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (three years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Name on Credential: *******
Credential Authentication: Documents were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in ********
Year: ****
Awarded By: ******** University
Major/Specialization: Vocational and Technical Education
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma

2. Name on Credential: ********
Credential: Bachelor of ********
Awarded By: ********* University
Major/Specialization: ********
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

rashpal26

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Tampa, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
AOR Received.
01-07-2018
Passport Req..
15-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2019

Just received my spouse's ECA who has done a diploma (2 years) and a degree (3 years)- both in India. My spouse did the diploma after 12th std (India), while the diploma did admit other students after 10th std as well. We had not specified to WES that my spouse has completed 12th std before undertaking the diploma.

The ECA is as follows:

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Doesn't matter if you specify if it is after 12th or 10th, WES will assess based on certificate. When you you will enter the Canadian equivalency details is EE it will give you CRS score automatically, but I can tell you that second school diploma wouldn't be considered as second degree, so you will get points just for bachelor degree.

Knac12

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017

The ECA is as follows:

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

Secondary school diploma equivalency cannot be claimed as a degree, so you can't claim two degrees.

delhitoottawa

Oct 23, 2017
Ok. But on some other discussions I have come across posts where people seem to have successfully claimed 2 or more diplomas, esp for peoplein engineering stream who would have done a 3 year diploma (after 10th std) followed by engg degree (mostly admission directly into 2nd yr of degree basis diploma).

Would appreciate some more views.

SK2779

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hi friends,
I have just created my ee profile. My crs score is supposed to be 430. But when I created the file, I didn’t get any points for my one year study in Canada which provides me with 15 points. So now my file is in the pool with 415 points.Is this a technical glitch ?
The same happened with me as well. I would just that you go back and input all the details again. Once I updated my profile once again, the system gave me the points for my study in Canada.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Ok. But on some other discussions I have come across posts where people seem to have successfully claimed 2 or more diplomas, esp for peoplein engineering stream who would have done a 3 year diploma (after 10th std) followed by engg degree (mostly admission directly into 2nd yr of degree basis diploma).

Have a look at the following rules-
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree
PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

As you can see, your secondary school diploma (as per wes report) does not fit to the above criteria, You cannot claim "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" points. You only can claim 3 years bachelor's degree points.

This is my 100th post :) hope it helped you. Good Luck!

Udymike

Dec 7, 2017
Hello guys pls I really appreciate if someone answers my question. I used my debit card to pay for the application and it was declined however it is showing on my profile processing payment. What does it mean or what do i do? Thanks guys

Rupenzel

Oct 17, 2017
No actually I had to get it done from MCC(Medical council of Canada) and the usual time line for them is 3-4 months. Mine got delayed more because the first batch of documents they sent for verification to my university were lost. They don't give the option to let them deliver documents by mail for the first 2 months and by the time I did get ready for courier the documents had reached my university lol. I have heard that WES is way faster. My friend got her done in 24 days. All the best to you. :)
Hi!!! Oh so Your a doctor! That’s great to know. If you don’t mind may I ask your CRS? I have a doubt. For Doctor, you have chosen “Masters degree or Professional” option right? Or is it apt to choose “Bachelors 2-3 years or more”? What have you choosen? I have this doubt since a long time but I dint find a doctor to ask.

Reactions: Indigrrl

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hey ROH friends! I have often been absent lately, but now I am happy to announce that I received my Ontario nomination Tuesday afternoon!

Timeline:

July 10: submitted EE profile
July 11: received NOI
July 25: Missed OINP registration by 1 day! :(:mad:
July 25-November 2: anxiously waited for OINP to reopen. Hit OINP updates page at least 10 times a day.
November 2: OINP reopened, registered
November 3: submitted application
November 27: Assessment
November 30: DIP
December 19: Nominated

It's nice to await a draw that will actually give me ITA for a change. Thank you all for the support during this stressful time. I'll still be hanging around and happy to help/chat when I'm not too busy/overwhelmed.

Karnesh

Mar 15, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hey ROH friends! I have often been absent lately, but now I am happy to announce that I received my Ontario nomination Tuesday afternoon!

Timeline:

July 10: submitted EE profile
July 11: received NOI
July 25: Missed OINP registration by 1 day! :(:mad:
July 25-November 2: anxiously waited for OINP to reopen. Hit OINP updates page at least 10 times a day.
November 2: OINP reopened, registered
November 3: submitted application
November 27: Assessment
November 30: DIP
December 19: Nominated

It's nice to await a draw that will actually give me ITA for a change. Thank you all for the support during this stressful time. I'll still be hanging around and happy to help/chat when I'm not too busy/overwhelmed.
Hey Buddy. Congratulations. So happy for you. I told you earlier that you’ll get it before 31st December. :p :):)

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017

secondary school diploma and post secondary diploma are 2 different things. and both carry different points ..

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hey Buddy. Congratulations. So happy for you. I told you earlier that you’ll get it before 31st December. :p :):)
Yes, you were right! Even though the 2017 quota was filled on November 22! Canada immigration never ceases to surprise us. :p

Long time no hear (maybe more that I have been out of it for a while)! How is your application going? Did you get PR yet?

SGtoCAD

Jan 27, 2017
Hello guys pls I really appreciate if someone answers my question. I used my debit card to pay for the application and it was declined however it is showing on my profile processing payment. What does it mean or what do i do? Thanks guys
check with your bank if the payment has gone through to confirm payment.

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Hi...I have a query, it would be very helpful if someone can clarify it:
My work experience is from September 2014 till June 2016 which is in actual, 1 complete year from september 1, 2014 till august 31, 2015 and another is 10 months, from september 1, 2015 till june 2016, but, number of hours, I have worked are 2430 hours which are lot more than full time working hours required by Canada, i.e. 1560 hours (it's 9 hours for 6 working days, i.e. 54 hours per week and there were 45 weeks in these 10 months and it makes up 2430 hours) I wanted to know that can I claim 1 year experience by adjusting the number of hours while applying for Express Entry.
Can I count it 2 years experience or it will be counted as 1 year experience only?