+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 80th Draw

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well. You might be surprised to see my post today as I was absent for quite a while. :)

Congratulations to those who received their ITA in previous draws and all the best to those who are still waiting for their golden email. In light of recent announcement of multi-year immigration plan, I'm sure everybody here will cross the line sooner or later. :)

Also, I have update to share about my application. I'm not pursuing express entry anymore as I received my positive LMIA and CAQ. Not only this, I received my work permit stamped on my passport yesterday. I'll be moving to Canada as TFW and will join you as permanent resident thereafter.:rolleyes:

I wish all the best and thanks to senior members especially @trumprefugee , @andieangel , @iamxty , @pessacanada , @TanakaM , @Lala1234, @gurpreet.ts , @tjsecondtry, @Contactnisha, @lino82 , @AlliBatista ,@Karnesh , @abhishek_89 , @GavinSouthAfrica and all of you here who are trying everything they can to get over the line and pursue their dreams.

I'll be landing next year by February and hope to see you soon in person. Meanwhile, I'll keep coming here to say hi. ;);)
Best of luck in your Quebec journey! CAQ is a great too, then you will apply for PR :)
See you in Canada, and hope we will organize our Quebec Poutine party ;)

Sarapgw

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
I am on the same situation, we have 449, but I am afraid of next draw. Last one we missed by 3 points. So I am not sure if it is better to take the CELPIP (my spouse never took) so we might increase our score about 10 extra points) landing us with 459 but it will cost almost $400.00. or even with 459 point the next draw is not guaranteed.

what should we do? "burn $400" to take extra 10 points, or wait the next draw because there is a big chance with 449 points.
I guess I would wait for next draw then go for IELTS....

vishalverma023

Sep 14, 2016
Hello, Senior members,

I need a little suggestion of yours.

I have a CRS score of 480. But, my employer may not provide me the experience letter with roles and responsibilities written on it. I have all the letters like offer letter and the pay slips as well as my Work permit says NOC 2174.

Please advise what are my options.

Thanks,
Vishal

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hello,

I hope everyone is doing well. You might be surprised to see my post today as I was absent for quite a while. :)

Congratulations to those who received their ITA in previous draws and all the best to those who are still waiting for their golden email. In light of recent announcement of multi-year immigration plan, I'm sure everybody here will cross the line sooner or later. :)

Also, I have update to share about my application. I'm not pursuing express entry anymore as I received my positive LMIA and CAQ. Not only this, I received my work permit stamped on my passport yesterday. I'll be moving to Canada as TFW and will join you as permanent resident thereafter.:rolleyes:

I wish all the best and thanks to senior members especially @trumprefugee , @andieangel , @iamxty , @pessacanada , @TanakaM , @Lala1234, @gurpreet.ts , @tjsecondtry, @Contactnisha, @lino82 , @AlliBatista ,@Karnesh , @abhishek_89 , @GavinSouthAfrica and all of you here who are trying everything they can to get over the line and pursue their dreams.

I'll be landing next year by February and hope to see you soon in person. Meanwhile, I'll keep coming here to say hi. ;);)
Good luck! Have a safe landings! :) And happy holidays!

oshin

Sep 22, 2015
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
Med's Request
08-12-2015 Upfront
Med's Done....
24-12-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2016
Hello, Senior members,

I need a little suggestion of yours.

I have a CRS score of 480. But, my employer may not provide me the experience letter with roles and responsibilities written on it. I have all the letters like offer letter and the pay slips as well as my Work permit says NOC 2174.

Please advise what are my options.

Thanks,
Vishal
Hi Vishal, maybe you can just request at the least their standard certificate of employment format then ask a co-worker or much more a supervisor to sign the reference letter with their contact details. Since you cannot use the company letterhead on this letter obviously, notarizing it would help confirm legality. Attached all pertinent supporting docs you have such as mentioned above.

WanderWomanToo

Nov 28, 2017
Hello seniors ,
I have created my EE profile today and came up with CRS 418. I have 95 in age and IELTS (L 8/ R 7.5/S 7/W 7)
My spouse has IELTS 6.5 band and he is going to appear again. With his IELTS 8 band we will land to 426. I will move to next age year on 30th May. We both have Bachelor degree. How do you see our chances before May end with 426 and ways to improve our score? Do I have IELTS retry for Band 8.5 + and PNP are the only options left? Please guide.
If it would help improving your score then I suggest that you go ahead. 426 would be a good score come 2018.

Good luck!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hello,

Congrats @tarunkapoor, and thanks for the update! Are you moving to Montreal? Although I am hoping to settle in Toronto and am still waiting on my OINP application, I also hope to spend some time in Montreal after I become a citizen and speak decent French. Hopefully we will get to meet up in Canada. All the best to you!

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
Congrats @tarunkapoor, and thanks for the update! Are you moving to Montreal? Although I am hoping to settle in Toronto and am still waiting on my OINP application, I also hope to spend some time in Montreal after I become a citizen and speak decent French. Hopefully we will get to meet up in Canada. All the best to you!
Thanks buddy. Yes I'm moving to Montreal and by the way congrats on your OINP submission. I remember you wanted it badly. This is really good to know that you finally went through. Rest of the process should be smooth for you. :)

You don't need to become citizen and speak French to visit Montreal. You're invited anytime and we can go on a weekend bender.

Also, I'm planning to spend a week in US before arriving in Canada.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thanks buddy. Yes I'm moving to Montreal and by the way congrats on your OINP submission. I remember you wanted it badly. This is really good to know that you finally went through. Rest of the process should be smooth for you. :)

You don't need to become citizen and speak French to visit Montreal. You're invited anytime and we can go on a weekend bender.

Also, I'm planning to spend a week in US before arriving in Canada.
Thanks! Yes, it definitely is a relief to have been able to submit for OINP, given that my CRS will be dropping below 400 soon. Unfortunately all 2017 nominations were filled on November 22, so none of us will be receiving nomination until at least January, and I am praying that mine will come through in January.

A few people have highly recommended Montreal to me, although one person did say that I could feel a bit out of place without decent French proficiency. But yes, I might just visit before I'm a citizen.

Hit me up if you end up coming to New York during your US trip. :)

Reactions: iluvtomorrowland

iluvtomorrowland

Jun 28, 2017
Thanks! Yes, it definitely is a relief to have been able to submit for OINP, given that my CRS will be dropping below 400 soon. Unfortunately all 2017 nominations were filled on November 22, so none of us will be receiving nomination until at least January, and I am praying that mine will come through in January.

A few people have highly recommended Montreal to me, although one person did say that I could feel a bit out of place without decent French proficiency. But yes, I might just visit before I'm a citizen.

Hit me up if you end up coming to New York during your US trip. :)
Yea I saw OINP page and unfortunately they were done with their 2017 quota. Although, I'm sure you should receive your nomination in January.

Montreal is definitely a nice city but people (I mean immigrants) hesitate to move their because of their slow timelines.

I'll be visiting California, Vegas and Houston. I'll surely ping you if New York comes up on my list. :)

Reactions: trumprefugee