+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 80th Draw

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
For the first time in a long time, I missed a Wednesday here. We've got a serious illness in the extended family and helping out. But I picked up reading the last thread where I left off to keep up with all the people I know here and to experience the first person announcing the draw like everyone did yesterday.

Now, I'm just as disappointed with the result as everybody else. But I'd like to slap all the people whining about not receiving their ITAs after 5 minutes. FFS, if you didn't take the time to read that it could take up to 24 hours, how do you expect to be able to do all your ITA paperwork correctly?

And yes, I'm on a rant here. Because most of the rest of the posts were people with CRSs a lot higher then mine being depressed. To all of you folks, I just want to say, "STFU. Get off your butts and take action to improve your score."

Because I am old, even with perfect IELTS and only 2 points short of max on education, I have only 384 points. But instead of moaning here, I'm taking the long-term, very difficult steps it will take to become eligible for OINP. I leave for school in Toronto in less than a month. I'll be spending a year apart from my husband to earn more points. We're also learning french from scratch. Getting up to CLB 7 is going to take a lot of time and work. But it will be more points.

If you want to immigrate to Canada, don't waste time and energy. Take whatever steps are necessary for you to increase your score. Cheer on all the people who are working to improve their English to improve their IELTS. Read all the past advice on getting through the process. Contribute to helping others here. These are the things that will lead to becoming Canadian.

Rant over.

lailaelrefai

Aug 20, 2017
I have a question regarding my work experience. I worked 2 years and 8 month 40 hour weeks. Does that make it 2 years or 3 years? Thanks. Would help alot with my score. CRS 441 with 2 years work experience

Reactions: Itty

Hashaed

Dec 5, 2017
Guys my friend finally got the invitation yesterday, however now he GOT a big issue.
His wife has 2 years of Canadian Experience, well she HAD. The company that she worked for got bankrupt and her former boss moved from Canada to another country and he will not provide any doc to support their application.
They have 455 points, however, with this bad news they will lose 7 points (spouse 2 years work experience).
They were wondering if she writes the CEPLIP/IELTS to get the extra points.
Can they take out her Canadian work experience, and put the Celpip points?
Is it allow to do this kind of swap?
Thank you.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the first time in a long time, I missed a Wednesday here. We've got a serious illness in the extended family and helping out. But I picked up reading the last thread where I left off to keep up with all the people I know here and to experience the first person announcing the draw like everyone did yesterday.

Now, I'm just as disappointed with the result as everybody else. But I'd like to slap all the people whining about not receiving their ITAs after 5 minutes. FFS, if you didn't take the time to read that it could take up to 24 hours, how do you expect to be able to do all your ITA paperwork correctly?

And yes, I'm on a rant here. Because most of the rest of the posts were people with CRSs a lot higher then mine being depressed. To all of you folks, I just want to say, "STFU. Get off your butts and take action to improve your score."

Because I am old, even with perfect IELTS and only 2 points short of max on education, I have only 384 points. But instead of moaning here, I'm taking the long-term, very difficult steps it will take to become eligible for OINP. I leave for school in Toronto in less than a month. I'll be spending a year apart from my husband to earn more points. We're also learning french from scratch. Getting up to CLB 7 is going to take a lot of time and work. But it will be more points.

If you want to immigrate to Canada, don't waste time and energy. Take whatever steps are necessary for you to increase your score. Cheer on all the people who are working to improve their English to improve their IELTS. Read all the past advice on getting through the process. Contribute to helping others here. These are the things that will lead to becoming Canadian.

Rant over.
What else to say. You did understand properly what is the immigration to Canada about. It a competition game, so in order to succeed you need to get enough points. In your case, your best option would be PNP.
BTW - OINP has also a French stream, where all you need is CBL 7 from French (then there is no CRS points requirement).
And yes with Master degree from Ontario, you can even try the Master / PHD graduate stream (paper based one).
Good luck there.

Midnight Blessing

Mar 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
I

I get it. Sailing the same waters. Take it as a time to take a break from the anxiety. Honestly our dreams will still exist in the new year. It's tough pickings but we need to do our bit to stay ahead of the stress of this.

I am scared to death to be honest but what else can we do except hang in there and hope? And if we are going to hope, let's make it a pleasant journey where we are supportive and kind and understanding just as what we've heard the people in Canada are and embrace what comes while we are at it, no?

Absolutely bro, we are all in the same boat, so lets do this together !!!! lets bring down all the hurdles and move to Canada with pride :D

Doze

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my profile on December 2 and was accepted into the pool. I ended up with a score of 452 which was the cut-off score for Dec 6-th draw. 23 hours already passed and I did not receive any email about my ITA. Looks like I became a victim of this new tie-breaker rule. Can you guys please advise?

Thank you,

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
I got an ITA on May-31 draw when the minimum score was 413. Due to improper guidance of my consultant and unaware of the help in this forum :(:(, declined my ITA by Aug-29 because I didn't receive the FBI clearance within 90 days of provided time. Highly regret that decision till now and waiting for the scores to drop to 420s :confused::confused:
Oh no! All the best!

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hi Everyone,

I submitted my profile on December 2 and was accepted into the pool. I ended up with a score of 452 which was the cut-off score for Dec 6-th draw. 23 hours already passed and I did not receive any email about my ITA. Looks like I became a victim of this new tie-breaker rule. Can you guys please advise?

Thank you,
Wait for a little longer. Otherwise, look forward to the next draw. You have a score high enough to make it.

Reactions: andieangel

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

Thank you,
In your case, you need to wait for another draw to get ITA. Your CRS was on the border and only those, that created their profile on or before November 15 and had 452 points would get ITA.
Good luck.

abhishek_89

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
24-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-03-2018
Hello all. Have been a silent spectator of the ROH threads. The info and encouragement provided on these threads has been most useful.

I have just about completed my ECA and IELTS and plan to create my profile soon. Expect to have a CRS below 410 due to age and education equivalency. Have maxed out IELTS and there's no scope of further improvement in CRS- unless I learn French from scratch.

I would like to evaluate the PNP options. In this regard, grateful if some one could clarify if NOI for OINP is issued only for candidates with NOCs in ICT or its open across NOCs.

Look forward to any inputs. Thanks.
If you have a CRS of 400 or above you can be hopeful of receiving an NOI from Ontario. It is not restricted for ICT NOC's.