+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
@lino82 Thank you so much for your response :)

Yes, responsibilities for all three positions are falling under the NOC 2171-Information System Analyst. Did you also applied on the same NOC?

I had exactly this concern in my mind as well. My responsibilities for all three positions are similar, with gradual increase in them as time passed. I was advised by another member earlier that I should list roles and responsibilities for each position separately even if they are repeating. what do you suggest? should I list them once or separately?
You can list all responsibilities together but should mention all positions held. This is from IRCC website:

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits;

Reactions: saimurali88

tiffphany23

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
It doesn't matter what's your level of English or French, what colour are you, what school or university you attended, what kind of clothes are you wearing, whether you know something about Canadian history, culture, tradition or have "the infamous Canadian experience".. you can just come here, be yourself and you will see people appreciate your attitude, efforts, outlook on life, will to improve, to learn and passion for the things you do or want to do. Like in any other country in the world, it seems Canadians too like genuinly good people with simple goals. They aren't looking for geniuses, philosophers, you don't have to pretend you are better or smarter than everyone else. Everybody will have a chance to show their skills, you are respected for who you are. That's Canada, from experience!! I wasn't on the forum for a while, we came here about a month ago and I can really say it's beyond our expectations. Anybody worrying about jobs - just DON'T! There are plenty of them, there are enormous chances you will do the type of job you want. If you have enough courage to apply, wait for an ITA (which is excruciating), go through the whole process (which is even more excruciating), leave home and move to a country you've never even been to with just high hopes - Congratulations! You are on your way to success. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, I think they will just repeat the scenario from last year and the time for giving out bunch of ITAs is very close!
ps. Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. LOL! As for the points, they have to come down lower than in 2017, it's pure logic.
I like it how you talk about job opportunities. I have been living in toronto for 6 years now, and I have to say that there is plenty of opportunities for everyone. If you don't have the Canadian work experience, start with something lower than your ability to gain the basic exp. Soon after you can build your professional career here in your dream country. It will be tough in the beginning, but with the help of the government you will be just fine as they want to make sure you have a job to support your life and family. Instead of being worried, get out there and prove yourself.
Cheers!

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
I like it how you talk about job opportunities. I have been living in toronto for 6 years now, and I have to say that there is plenty of opportunities for everyone. If you don't have the Canadian work experience, start with something lower than your ability to gain the basic exp. Soon after you can build your professional career here in your dream country. It will be tough in the beginning, but with the help of the government you will be just fine as they want to make sure you have a job to support your life and family. Instead of being worried, get out there and prove yourself.
Cheers!
Absolutely. I read a lot of horror stories about the job market before coming here so I wasn't sure what will come out of it. Also, there were always people who wanted to prove themselves through putting others down on the forum, about CRS points etc. I learned how to deal with that and some of the challenges that followed us on the way and now I feel like we're the living proof that attitude is really the key. I mean, we are just ordinary people on the extraordinary journey! There is no need for fear, just relax and enjoy the trip. Yes there will be challenges but then again, life is a challenge by itself. Bottom point is, don't give up. Cheers!

Last edited:

NanaPrah

Nov 6, 2017
Cheers!
Thanks and cheers!!

Reactions: saimurali88

--ariana--

Nov 26, 2017
Hi friends. I came across this forum last week and it has indeed given me a ray of hope, so thank you to all. I have submitted my profile last week only with the score of 449. I want to get the ITA as soon as possible. I want to know whether I will be able to do so? Secondly, how much time does it take after ITA, to get the final visa? Thirdly, I really like Vancouver and wanna migrate there. How is the city and employment opportunities there? Any information would be really helpful. Thank you all once again.

xibalban

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Sikkim
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2018
LANDED..........
29-05-2018
@trumprefugee @tjsecondtry @xibalban @mqamar1994 @baka
and everyone...

wish everyone a fast ITA~PPR...
Just wanted to let my Ray of hope friends that I got my visa stamped... :)
ITA : July 13
eAPR : 20th Sept
PPR : 14th Oct
Passport Submitted : 26th Oct
Visa : 10th Nov

Wish all of you a speedy process as well...
Wil come back once I’m free...
Hearty Congratulations my friend!!!

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Cheers!
Very encouraging & supportive...
& @astralsource , you too...
—-
real ray of hope’ians and the kind of Canadians that make the immigration program worthy & meaningful
Plz take note @vensak ;)

tiffphany23

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
I like it!
Thank you :) It irritates me a lot when going thru those kind of posts, so I can't help but want to share my opinions. If one can't help solve the problem, don't make others feel worse about their situation because words do hurt. That's simply my message :)

Onpoint

Star Member
Sep 14, 2017
Hi all. I had a question regarding my teaching experience. I have 2yr 11 months teaching experience. When I'm counting it as 2yrs, my CRS is 428 (which is how I should count it). But it's just a month short of 3yrs. I don't know if there's a way in which I can take it as 3 yrs??
It was due to maternity that I had to leave my job twice and fell short of the 3yr mark.
Help and suggestions please.
Why dont you wait a couple more months and then create a profile so that you get points for full 3 years? EE is not a competition based on first come first get, its based on points so doesn't matter when you create your profile.

Reactions: lino82

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
Why dont you wait a couple more months and then create a profile so that you get points for full 3 years? EE is not a competition based on first come first get, its based on points so doesn't matter when you create your profile.
Older the profile the better it is.

Reactions: Itty

Itty

Nov 15, 2017
I appreciate your reply but am not working at the moment. So my work exp stands at 2yr 11months as of now. What to do in such a situation?

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
I appreciate your reply but am not working at the moment. So my work exp stands at 2yr 11months as of now. What to do in such a situation?
I would suggest, get into the pool, 428 is not a bad score. it is actually a very good score; if you want to improve it further then work on improving your IELTS (if there's a room), check if you have any diploma that can be evaluated as post secondary education (incase you do not have masters) to claim two or more degree / diploma points and if you are married and are accompanying your spouse then the same actions mentioned above apply to him/her as well. These can help you boost your score significantly.

Use the CIC Score calculator tool and see what improvements can be done on your existing position to boost your score.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi,

Have you included the period in which you were on maternity leave? I ask because being on leave does not mean you are not employed. So you can count that period as part of your overall work experience. In fact, CIC does not even need to know you were on maternity leave.

Alternatively, you just need to find a job and work 1 month lol. It can be any job, even in a different NOC, as long as it is in skill level B,A or 0. Also look at your past jobs, there may be a job you did for a few months which can be considered skilled experience.

All the best

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
I would suggest, get into the pool, 428 is not a bad score. it is actually a very good score; if you want to improve it further then work on improving your IELTS (if there's a room), check if you have any diploma that can be evaluated as post secondary education (incase you do not have masters) to claim two or more degree / diploma points and if you are married and are accompanying your spouse then the same actions mentioned above apply to him/her as well. These can help you boost your score significantly.

Use the CIC Score calculator tool and see what improvements can be done on your existing position to boost your score.
I agree, 428 is a great score which should definitely get you an ITA by the end of Feb.

regards

Reactions: Itty