+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

Rockxan

Nov 16, 2017
India
NOC Code......
Sorry unlike you I decided to treat him as an adult.
It has no sense to tell him fairy tales how he will get ITA and what else if you do not know it for a fact. Conditions or words like chance or possibility are more appropriate when talking to a grown up.

And again, I will not pity somebody who decided not to go the extra mile. EE and ITA is not the game of empathy. It is the game of hard numbers. So either you will get them or you would decide that they are for whatever reason not important for you. As there are almost always ways how to get there. (also some of them are expensive and time costly).

So I have first reacted to his statement how he has no more ways to improve. Which was according to me more of a search for sympathy why not to take more effort.
And this turned out to be truth, because he rejected any of possibilities how to improve his score - French was too time consuming, and why to learn it if he maybe will not get through; wife did not want to learn languages (his words, not mine), and there is no way to improve education (and here unless I am mistaken, he did not get master degree evaluation, which could be fixed with any other 1 year post secondary diploma and bring him missing points from transferability and a bit more points for education).

No wonder he got no sympathy for such approach from me - why to support somebody that had decided not to go any further. And of course presenting his spouse as not wanting to learn - sorry Canada really does not need such immigrants.
That he was not truthful about the situation - he got the reaction for what he presented.

To which he was apparently offended. Well you are on a public forum, so you can be criticized as well. But again, he presented his own efforts as something too difficult, hence he did not give it enough of a priority.
And this time he was either putting words in mouth of his spouse and in a way deciding for her or influencing her not to take proactive approach for Canada effort (that would be the case if the injury was minor and healed).
Or he is facing potential medical inadmissibility (if a treatment of a brain injury takes a year or more, it can point out to a potential serious problem). And that cannot be avoided if you put your spouse as non accompanying.

So yes, I did not sugarcoat my reactions, as I assumed, that when you are talking to the adult, you can point out a reality as is.

In case of swapping the wife to non accompanying and then back:
1. It will not relieve him from any potential medical inadmissibility.
2. Such change is not considered a change in family composition. So as such putting her back as accompanying after AOR might trigger recalculation of points. (points cannot be recalculated only if there was a family composition change - having a baby or marrying somebody after AOR).
3. Would he go through the whole process with his wife as non accompanying, he could sponsor her later. But that later is after he would have stable job in Canada in order to show enough income in Canada. (so in estimation a process of 2-3 years at very least).
4. And having a PR as a spouse does not mean that a visitor visa will be automatically approved.

So as you can see more difficult options that learning French. So if that is too difficult to find time for, I do not think immigration competition is for him.
Thanks for this @SGtoCAD and for everyone who has given him a wonderful reply. @vensak, if you are so good at following the rules then you should probably take your English classes again and sit for another exam. This would make you a very good PR Canada will be proud of, because what you've been writing in your submissions isn't really good english. I had to re-read through to understand some of the things you were trying to say. All the best.
Thanks guys for having stood by me for the last few days and giving a befitting reply to Mr. V....k. I too was looking to reply initially then paused thinking, this wonderful platform should not turn into a battleground of one's perceptions and beliefs.I must admit guys here are so educated and considerate that everybody is willing to help, mentor others all the way till PR and what more amazing is you people taking pride in somebody else's success you don't know.
Keep going.
Thanks all:)

Last edited:

tiffphany23

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-10-2018
AOR Received.
26-10-2018
Med's Request
14-12-2018
Med's Done....
20-12-2018
LOL. I am PR already. What about you?
@vensak I tried to keep these thoughts about you for myself only, but now I have to speak up. You should keep your "pride" and attitude for your own thread called "For PR only". You are participating in a wrong thread, keep in mind that this is "RAY OF HOPE". If you can't really understand the true meaning of a ray of hope, there are many other experts in this forum that are willing to explain to you very clearly. You are so cocky that you are almost not welcomed in this thread anymore, the other posts against you are proof.
Do keep in mind that many of us here will soon become PR just like you! This thread is created to give people inspiration, not to let people down like the way you show yourself.
Yes, you are PR already then go mind your own business as a PR. We PR-to-be do NOT need opinions such as yours! Although we want to hear about facts and numbers, we don't need your show-off here.
All the best in your Canadian citizenship journey.

VikiS

Oct 18, 2017
You are such a good lot. I feel so privileged to not just share this platform with you but also hoping to share a country with "ALL OF U" in the near future. Keep the positivity going

p.s. I know this is a little mushy but I really mean it

Ronke1114

Nov 11, 2017
Category........
FSW
Thanks guys for having stood by me for the last few days and giving a befitting reply to Mr. V....k. I too was looking to reply initially then paused thinking, this wonderful platform should not turn into a battleground of one's perceptions and beliefs.I must admit guys here are so educated and considerate that everybody is willing to help, mentor others all the way till PR and what more amazing is you people taking pride in somebody else's success you don't know.
Keep going.
Thanks all:)
No worries, we got your back. This process is already mentally tasking, we don’t need negativity on Ray of hope. God willing, you will get ITA early next year. If your spouse is recovering, don’t stress her, Everything will work out for you.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi all been going through some trouble thought to share and get that ray of hope, ok here it is.
1. My current designation is getting changed from B to A (so kind of demotion but my grade and level remain the same so nothing on salary) My roles and responsibilities will change because of this not all but few of them (will depend on my manager)
2. Due to this, I have requested reference letter now before the change is implemented.
3. I want to know will it impact my NOC or anywhere.
4. I have CRS 413 so expecting ITA earliest by Feb and later till may so how long is reference letter valid for current employer
5. Should I inform CIC on this after I get reference letter ?
Any help really appreciated.
It may change your current NOC so you must clearly mention your roles & responsibilities for all appointed post separately in your experience letter. Example: you were a manager and have previously selected 0 category NOC as primary NOC but now you are working in NOC A category job so your primary NOC is no longer your current NOC. However you do not need to change your primary NOC in EE profile because you must have had 1 year continuous work experience already in that NOC otherwise you would have not selected that at the first place but you may not be able to claim highest points for experience if your NOC gets changed. To claim highest experience points your all experiences need to be in the same NOC type.

As you are working in the same company, one experience letter comprising all positions with separate dates and roles & responsibilities will suffice your cause. For the current employment, reference letter should not be too old (ideally less than a year) and you should get this letter with current roles & responsibilities as well.
Hope this clears your doubts.

AJ2186

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
United Kingdom
Quick one peeps, does anyone know anybody that has used the common law option and what exact documents are used to prove common law relationship, i know about utility bills but is it a must to provide pictures and stuffs like that?
Hi.
I am in the same situation. What I understood from the pdf document (common law document) is that it can be notarized by a lawyer from the city your living in (depends on which country of course). Of course, you also need to provide any evidence such as joint bank statements, utility bills, any other type of letters/bills, pictures, etc...(these are just examples and please check exactly what documents they need).

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
It may change your current NOC so you must clearly mention your roles & responsibilities for all appointed post separately in your experience letter. Example: you were a manager and have previously selected 0 category NOC as primary NOC but now you are working in NOC A category job so your primary NOC is no longer your current NOC. However you do not need to change your primary NOC in EE profile because you must have had 1 year continuous work experience already in that NOC otherwise you would have not selected that at the first place but you may not be able to claim highest points for experience if your NOC gets changed. To claim highest experience points your all experiences need to be in the same NOC type.

As you are working in the same company, one experience letter comprising all positions with separate dates and roles & responsibilities will suffice your cause. For the current employment, reference letter should not be too old (ideally less than a year) and you should get this letter with current roles & responsibilities as well.
Hope this clears your doubts.
They are only giving current roles and responsibilities not previous ones... It's a troubling issue for me....thankfuly my NOC might not change as I have selected Noc where roles and responsibilities match the A and it might not impact but will cross check but really what a idiot like issue...My Noc might not change but will definitely put in LOE while filling the EOI in June I had already updated both of my designation from October 2013 till January 2015 it's A then from Feb 2015 to November 2017 it's B now waiting them to change designation from December to A again... Well what is your opinion... :eek:o_O:mad:

Last edited:

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
I don't think a reference letter has qn expiry date, provided you're still in that same employment and job role as at the time IRCC will be conducting background checks directly with your employer. So it's important to notify CIC if your circumstance changes post ITA. If your job role changes completely, then you have to look for the NOC title that best relates to the new role. Hope this helps?
My Noc might not change but will definitely put in LOE while filling the EOI I had already updated both of my designation from October 2013 till January 2015 it's A then from Feb 2015 to November 2017 it's B now waiting them to change designation from December to A again... Well what is your opinion... :eek:o_O:mad:

Sandeep198511

Apr 21, 2017
Hi all need some help I have home loan do I need to declare it post ITA is there any documentation needed and what is the impact on POF

hishamx87

Apr 25, 2017
@vensak I tried to keep these thoughts about you for myself only, but now I have to speak up. You should keep your "pride" and attitude for your own thread called "For PR only". You are participating in a wrong thread, keep in mind that this is "RAY OF HOPE". If you can't really understand the true meaning of a ray of hope, there are many other experts in this forum that are willing to explain to you very clearly. You are so cocky that you are almost not welcomed in this thread anymore, the other posts against you are proof.
Do keep in mind that many of us here will soon become PR just like you! This thread is created to give people inspiration, not to let people down like the way you show yourself.
Yes, you are PR already then go mind your own business as a PR. We PR-to-be do NOT need opinions such as yours! Although we want to hear about facts and numbers, we don't need your show-off here.
All the best in your Canadian citizenship journey.
I like it!

Reactions: andieangel