+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 79th Draw

Jojolet

Star Member
Apr 29, 2016
  • 15 points
    • If the candidate has an eligible Canadian credential from a one-year or two-year post-secondary program
  • 30 points
    • If the candidate has an eligible Canadian credential from:
      • A post-secondary program of three years or more
      • A university level program at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation classified as NOC Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required
      • A university-level program at the doctoral level
Hope this helps...
Oh ok. I am aware of points for Canadian certificates. I however thought you meant professional certifications. Thanks for clarifying

Reactions: Mithu3 and Pikecann

VikiS

Oct 18, 2017
Got my IELTS result today, will create my EE profile tomorrow. Any pointers plz
Thanku

alfred0

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
Hey guys,

Ive been in the pool since August with 428 points. My profile says that i qualify both for the Canadian Experience Class and Federal Skilled Worker. My question is: can i apply for whichever program i want to? Or does CIC pick for me when I get an ITA? I would obviously prefer applying for the canadian experience class since it requires less documents (dont need to show proof of funds). Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
You don't get to pick which stream. If you met the eligibility for both, the system will put you under CEC as priority automatically

Reactions: Hassan.Fahm

Hassan.Fahm

Feb 15, 2015
Oman
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-11-2017
Nomination.....
none
IELTS Request
R 9.0, L 8.5, S 7, W 7.5
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2018
LANDED..........
26-01-2019
Got my IELTS result today, will create my EE profile tomorrow. Any pointers plz
Thanku
Just make sure you provide accurate and relevant information such as your experience in line with your qualification and NOC etc.

Samroze

Aug 12, 2017
New comers please go through the below link, it has quite a lot of details and will be really helpful for your application.

http://canadavisahelpcentre.com/a-comprehensive-guide-to-express-entry/

You can even check the following thread for guide to express entry

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ready-reference-steps-to-follow-and-documents-to-arrange-post-ita-t455826.0.html

If you have any specific query feel free to discuss here. People who already have experienced it will surely help you.

All the best:)

Last edited:

endeey04

Nov 24, 2017
Quick one peeps, does anyone know anybody that has used the common law option and what exact documents are used to prove common law relationship, i know about utility bills but is it a must to provide pictures and stuffs like that?

hardeep230192

Nov 15, 2017
Hello everyone,

This is regarding the employee reference letter. I have a work experience of 3.5 years across two MNCs - Mu Sigma and Goldman Sachs. I got in touch with the HR dept of both these companies and I was able to acquire a employee verification letter mentioning everything apart from the compensation and the work hours. They refused to provide these two things on the letter.
So, out of the two employers, the offer letter of Goldman Sachs would be able to cover the compensation and working hours part. But, there is a problem with the offer letter of Mu Sigma as this has no information about the working hours.
Now, the only missing component for employment verification is the working hours of Mu Sigma. What are the other alternatives that could be used, if the employer has already refused to provide this?
If the minimum working hours of 40 hrs/week is to prove that the employment is full time, could the exclusivity clause,i.e., the employee cant indulge in any other employment/business activity while he is working as an employee at Mu Sigma (this rules out the part time employment thing I guess), be able to serve the purpose to prove it was a permanent full time employee ? Please advise.

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
It looks to me you just simply love to read your own write ups. With your so much efforts into improving your CRS score I would have assumed by now you would be carrying the Canadian passport not even PR. You need to go and learn how to put a bit of human face to your rather harsh bluntness. No wonder you have posted so much and people usually gets irritated by your posts as evidenced in your number of likes. I wish there was a dislike option you would have being able to have a clearer view of yourself.

Relax pls and give some hope. It hurts no one. By the way I am at 414 and in your very presence I will get my ITA. I don't intend to learn French don't have the time
Thanks @Jojolet! You said it! :D

andieangel

Champion Member
Feb 13, 2017
Croatia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Sorry unlike you I decided to treat him as an adult.
It has no sense to tell him fairy tales how he will get ITA and what else if you do not know it for a fact. Conditions or words like chance or possibility are more appropriate when talking to a grown up.

And again, I will not pity somebody who decided not to go the extra mile. EE and ITA is not the game of empathy. It is the game of hard numbers. So either you will get them or you would decide that they are for whatever reason not important for you. As there are almost always ways how to get there. (also some of them are expensive and time costly).

So I have first reacted to his statement how he has no more ways to improve. Which was according to me more of a search for sympathy why not to take more effort.
And this turned out to be truth, because he rejected any of possibilities how to improve his score - French was too time consuming, and why to learn it if he maybe will not get through; wife did not want to learn languages (his words, not mine), and there is no way to improve education (and here unless I am mistaken, he did not get master degree evaluation, which could be fixed with any other 1 year post secondary diploma and bring him missing points from transferability and a bit more points for education).

No wonder he got no sympathy for such approach from me - why to support somebody that had decided not to go any further. And of course presenting his spouse as not wanting to learn - sorry Canada really does not need such immigrants.
That he was not truthful about the situation - he got the reaction for what he presented.

To which he was apparently offended. Well you are on a public forum, so you can be criticized as well. But again, he presented his own efforts as something too difficult, hence he did not give it enough of a priority.
And this time he was either putting words in mouth of his spouse and in a way deciding for her or influencing her not to take proactive approach for Canada effort (that would be the case if the injury was minor and healed).
Or he is facing potential medical inadmissibility (if a treatment of a brain injury takes a year or more, it can point out to a potential serious problem). And that cannot be avoided if you put your spouse as non accompanying.

So yes, I did not sugarcoat my reactions, as I assumed, that when you are talking to the adult, you can point out a reality as is.

In case of swapping the wife to non accompanying and then back:
1. It will not relieve him from any potential medical inadmissibility.
2. Such change is not considered a change in family composition. So as such putting her back as accompanying after AOR might trigger recalculation of points. (points cannot be recalculated only if there was a family composition change - having a baby or marrying somebody after AOR).
3. Would he go through the whole process with his wife as non accompanying, he could sponsor her later. But that later is after he would have stable job in Canada in order to show enough income in Canada. (so in estimation a process of 2-3 years at very least).
4. And having a PR as a spouse does not mean that a visitor visa will be automatically approved.

So as you can see more difficult options that learning French. So if that is too difficult to find time for, I do not think immigration competition is for him.
Oh wise one you, how happy we are to have you here on forum named “Ray of hope”! :D If your approach here is so realistic I hate to see how realistic is your approach in real world. I must say I envy your point of view because for you everything is black and white, it seems you had it easy in life, because always when something is planned it’s executed and life always goes in right direction, right? And for rest of us who are fighting our own battles while also pursuing Canadian dream we are really stupid and inactive according to you, because I’m not doing my masters which is valid for 30 extra points I must be lazy, not because in my country it costs around 20k CAD, or should I maybe invent time machine which will take me back 3 years earlier, that would give me extra 15 points for sure, because my bachelors and 11 years of experience is not enough, no no my friends, according to mr @vensak I’m lazy! It doesn’t matter anything that I say because in life and CRS everything is above and below 430! FSW calculator is for idiots, because if you’re eligible above 67 points according to mr @vensak again it doesn’t mean anything, so boys and girls just give up, no need to hope and believe, it’s all for nothing, you should have already learned that if you’re passive in @vensak’s eyes you’re not going anywhere.

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Oh wise one you, how happy we are to have you here on forum named “Ray of hope”! :D If your approach here is so realistic I hate to see how realistic is your approach in real world..
:D:D:D Unfortunately, the world is also filled with the people like jon-son who would like to give us cold showers time and time again :D:D
Hope you remember him from previous threads.:):)