VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Hi friends,

Had a doubt regarding the PR application...

While creating the EE profile I mentioned my education dates as july 2012 to july 2014 (this included time till results were announced).

However, now I am putting the dates as july 2012 to may 2014 (may is when I gave my exams and the course ended) and mentioning the same in the LoE. I will add May to July 2014 as awaiting results in personal history.

Will it be okay or would it cause problems??

request your urgent help pleaseee since I need to submit my application.. @TanakaM @abhishek_89
IMO you are a student until the day you graduate, which is the date written on your certificate. So if it is july 2012-july 2014 leave it as it is.
In personal history write student for the period in question.

regards

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Actually I had started from March 2014. So technically, I wasn't unemployed...

And my marksheet mentions July 2014 as the date results were declared...

So what should I do here?
The date on your mark sheet does not matter. The date on your certificate is the date you were awarded the degree. So use that date as the end date.

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
As far as I can gather, NOC Code 1122 is occupation-agnostic OR Not specific to any job title- What that means any job pertaining to business management can be categorized under this.

Now on your query for the other code, 2171- please choose this code only if over 50% of duties fall under this code. I'd suggest to get your employer reference letter customized to the duties specified on 2171, and this should help you avoid the licensure bit applicable for 1122(which I really don't think so).

Job titles are irrelevant- it's only the duties that matter.
Thank you for responding. I'll make necessary alterations.

Emnafrancks

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Canada Immigration website says "This online service will be unavailable from 3:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday, November 14, 2017, in order to perform system maintenance"... I hope they are preparing for a huge draw on 15th Nov :)
I think the next draw is probably the 22nd which will make it the third draw this month .

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
As far as I can gather, NOC Code 1122 is occupation-agnostic OR Not specific to any job title- What that means any job pertaining to business management can be categorized under this.

Now on your query for the other code, 2171- please choose this code only if over 50% of duties fall under this code. I'd suggest to get your employer reference letter customized to the duties specified on 2171, and this should help you avoid the licensure bit applicable for 1122(which I really don't think so).

Job titles are irrelevant- it's only the duties that matter.
I have another concern w.r.t work experience letter for my previous employment. During 2013-15, I was working as a management consultant and deputed for an Government IT project. The project was awarded to a leading consulting firm who in turn had engaged a third party manpower provider for providing resources.

My terms of association with this third party facilitator was on retainer ship engagement model. I was an independent vendor providing consulting services. Also the ITRs I filed for those 2 yrs was of a self-employed professional. Presently that company is no longer operational. I have following documents available as of now-
  • Original agreements (incremental) and an revision of service charges (addendum)
  • Bank a/c statements
  • Form 16 & subsequent ITRs
  • Resignation Acceptance & Termination of Contract confirmation (on emails)
Reporting manager for this engagement is presently working with some other organization and has agreed to provide me with an undertaking, specifying the job duties, in format I deem suitable. Additionally I have also contacted the client (A senior bureaucrat overseeing the project) and he has also agreed to provide me a reference letter specifying the job duties performed on his official letter head. Need your guidance on the below points-

1. Ex-reporting manager has a scanned copy of his ID card available but not visiting card. Would this suffice as an acceptable supporting document?

2. Can both the reference letters (Ex- Manager & Client) have the same set of job duties? Would that create any kind of doubt on assessing officer's mind?

Regards

DJ AKS

Jun 14, 2017
Wish for the people below the score of 400 crs ! Oh lord bring us all the good news of immigration to canada as provincial ninaton or express entry with a lower or higher crs scoring candidates ! some the the guys are trying their best to score higher in Ielts but are unable to do so ! Oh god you are the mighty make a miracle for us all to land in canada as soon as possible ! Amen to that.

Talk2jt

Star Member
Oct 1, 2017
I have the same CRS..i am thinking to do the TEF in 2018
Are you just going to start taking French classes or you are proficient in French? If your plan is to take classes, I really do believe the crs score will come down before you are done done with TEF. But if you are proficient, why not, It can make it faster for you to receive the ITA.
I am confident that we will get ITA on or before end of January 2018.

Reactions: Samroze

hangon11

Star Member
Oct 6, 2013
Wish for the people below the score of 400 crs ! Oh lord bring us all the good news of immigration to canada as provincial ninaton or express entry with a lower or higher crs scoring candidates ! some the the guys are trying their best to score higher in Ielts but are unable to do so ! Oh god you are the mighty make a miracle for us all to land in canada as soon as possible ! Amen to that.
I second that. We really need a miracle. Are we really too old to contribute something to Canada? I hope CIC reviews the age thing. This is the Ray of Hope after all.