+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 77th Draw

kdeepak003

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Question:

What happens after you apply for ONIP? Is the next stage the PNP itself or do we get any some communication in the middle. I tried to look on the ONIP portal but wasn't quite successful with my research.

Please help. I'd appreciate it. Thanks

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Good point, I was thinking about this too. My bank lets customers get PDFs and paper statements too, so I wanted to be sure. What you said definitely makes sense considering there are an increasing number of online only banks that don't even issue paper statements.

All the best with your OINP app, by the way. I'm still in two minds about whether or not to apply, considering it's a lot of money and my CRS will rise to 441 in early April. If you don't mind me asking, what would you do in my situation? I've already had some good advice, but you seem like a knowledgeable guy, so I'd like to get your input too. :D
Yes, many online banks don't even offer paper statements to their customers.

Thanks for the well wishes! I would wait if I were in your situation. You will definitely get ITA when your score goes up to 441 in early April. If we are lucky, you might even get ITA at 416 a little before then. If you submitted OINP application right now, best case you will receive nomination in early December. Assuming you have all documents ready to submit post ITA, you would be submitting early in December, 4 months earlier than early April (and we're only talking best case OINP scenario here - some people have had to wait over 115 days to receive nomination). However, given that CIC takes 3-4 months longer to process PNP cases than direct ITA, you will likely receive PR at the same time as you would have with direct ITA in early April. And with OINP, you would be obligated to live in Ontario for at least 2-3 years, preferably until you become a citizen, and you will have spent another $1500 and possibly more (for example, if you have a birth certificate not in English or French, you would need to pay for a certified, notarized translation for OINP, which is not required with direct ITA because CIC does not require birth certificate).

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Question:

What happens after you apply for ONIP? Is the next stage the PNP itself or do we get any some communication in the middle. I tried to look on the ONIP portal but wasn't quite successful with my research.

Please help. I'd appreciate it. Thanks
The stages are Submitted, Assessment, Decision in Progress (DIP), Approval, Nomination. If your application is missing a document or any documents are insufficient, you will get Procedural Fairness Letter (PFL) after DIP, then get back to DIP. OINP communicates only when you are nominated or you receive PFL, but you can log into your account any time to check your status (although let's all try not to log in more than once or twice a day to avoid overwhelming their servers ;)). Sometimes people receive an email from CIC about their nomination before they receive the email from OINP.

saimurali88

Aug 6, 2017
Toronto
NOC Code......
I am taking self study courses: duolingo, Pimsleur, FSI (French Basic Course and French Phonology), lingvist, and some youtube videos. Pimsleur is almost all audio and helps a lot with the listening and speaking. The FSI courses have audio that you listen to while you read the textbook. The French Phonology course is also especially good for developing listening and speaking skills.

Once you reach at least an advanced beginner to intermediate level, you can learn and improve a lot by listening to French songs, watching French movies and videos, and reading and listening to the news in French. Turn on subtitles in videos. Look up words you don't know and keep a list, preferably in the form of flashcards. I use AnkiWeb which presents your flashcards in a spaced repetition way that is very helpful https://ankiweb.net/decks/

How much time it takes depends on how much time and effort you can devote, but I would say minimum 6 months of serious study to reach a good enough level to score a few CRS points. A Canadian friend of mine went from scratch to professionally proficient in 1 year when he studied French full time (at least 6 hours a day) with courses offered by the Canadian government at no cost to Canadian permanent residents and citizens.

You can also join our French group, where we help each other out with learning, and chat more
https://chat.whatsapp.com/1HQROITB0p51B3kNAsVzAi
I have taken a screenshot of your comment and gonna follow what you have suggested ! Thank you @trumprefugee , May God bless you !

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
What i have experienced during my OINP journey is that, your documentation should be really strong , especially, the documents related to POF. Strong and accurate paper work would surely land nomination within the given time frame (60 days).
I see you had a long OINP road. What did they request in your PFL?

Option Paralysis

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Yes, many online banks don't even offer paper statements to their customers.

Thanks for the well wishes! I would wait if I were in your situation. You will definitely get ITA when your score goes up to 441 in early April. If we are lucky, you might even get ITA at 416 a little before then. If you submitted OINP application right now, best case you will receive nomination in early December. Assuming you have all documents ready to submit post ITA, you would be submitting early in December, 4 months earlier than early April (and we're only talking best case OINP scenario here - some people have had to wait over 115 days to receive nomination). However, given that CIC takes 3-4 months longer to process PNP cases than direct ITA, you will likely receive PR at the same time as you would have with direct ITA in early April. And with OINP, you would be obligated to live in Ontario for at least 2-3 years, preferably until you become a citizen, and you will have spent another $1500 and possibly more (for example, if you have a birth certificate not in English or French, you would need to pay for a certified, notarized translation for OINP, which is not required with direct ITA because CIC does not require birth certificate).
Thanks, that's a super detailed answer! Again, you're making a lot of sense. The impatient side of me wants to go for it, but I know I'll probably be better off waiting just a few more months to save money and not complicate things. It's really a shame that the OINP takes so long, especially since they're charging people so much for the privilege. I hope you get in as soon as possible! :D

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thanks, that's a super detailed answer! Again, you're making a lot of sense. The impatient side of me wants to go for it, but I know I'll probably be better off waiting just a few more months to save money and not complicate things. It's really a shame that the OINP takes so long, especially since they're charging people so much for the privilege. I hope you get in as soon as possible! :D
Thanks! On the bright side for you, you now know that you will receive ITA by early April. If we are extremely lucky, best case scenario the CRS could drop to 416 maybe late in February (we'll have a better idea after the next draw or two). So now you can plan to submit your documents in early April but perhaps have them all ready some time in March. It's nice to have that kind of certainty, unlike people like me who need to submit an additional application to OINP and wait and pray for anywhere from 6 to 115+ days (although I think now the very best case scenario would be nomination in early December, given that there are still a few people who applied in July and got PFL who still haven't received nominations, and Master's and PhD graduate students got to submit a few weeks ago and are ahead of us in line).

skysthelimit

Oct 2, 2017
T
I am taking self study courses: duolingo, Pimsleur, FSI (French Basic Course and French Phonology), lingvist, and some youtube videos. Pimsleur is almost all audio and helps a lot with the listening and speaking. The FSI courses have audio that you listen to while you read the textbook. The French Phonology course is also especially good for developing listening and speaking skills.

Once you reach at least an advanced beginner to intermediate level, you can learn and improve a lot by listening to French songs, watching French movies and videos, and reading and listening to the news in French. Turn on subtitles in videos. Look up words you don't know and keep a list, preferably in the form of flashcards. I use AnkiWeb which presents your flashcards in a spaced repetition way that is very helpful https://ankiweb.net/decks/

How much time it takes depends on how much time and effort you can devote, but I would say minimum 6 months of serious study to reach a good enough level to score a few CRS points. A Canadian friend of mine went from scratch to professionally proficient in 1 year when he studied French full time (at least 6 hours a day) with courses offered by the Canadian government at no cost to Canadian permanent residents and citizens.

You can also join our French group, where we help each other out with learning, and chat more
https://chat.whatsapp.com/1HQROITB0p51B3kNAsVzAi
Thank you so much. I just joined the whatsapp group.

Reactions: trumprefugee

Option Paralysis

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Thanks! On the bright side for you, you now know that you will receive ITA by early April. If we are extremely lucky, best case scenario the CRS could drop to 416 maybe late in February (we'll have a better idea after the next draw or two). So now you can plan to submit your documents in early April but perhaps have them all ready some time in March. It's nice to have that kind of certainty, unlike people like me who need to submit an additional application to OINP and wait and pray for anywhere from 6 to 115+ days (although I think now the very best case scenario would be nomination in early December, given that there are still a few people who applied in July and got PFL who still haven't received nominations, and Master's and PhD graduate students got to submit a few weeks ago and are ahead of us in line).
Yeah, I really hope they'll lower the points early. I'm still feeling the sting from missing those draws in the 410s earlier this year. I've had my docs ready for so long now that I'll need to get my PCC and passport photo done again since it's been over six months! I feel bad that you gotta wait so long, especially since based on your profession alone, you're definitely more qualified than I am to immigrate. EE seems pretty unfair to me sometimes, but I guess we've all just got to make the most of the opportunities available to us. Hang in there, and hopefully you'll be in Canada around the middle of 2018, or sooner. :cool:

Last edited:

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Yeah, I really hope they'll lower the points early. I'm still feeling the sting from missing those draws in the 410s earlier this year. I've had my docs ready for so long now that I'll need to get my PCC and passport photo done again since it's been over six months! I feel bad that you gotta wait so long, especially since based on your profession alone, you're definitely more qualified than I am to immigrate. EE seems pretty unfair to me sometimes, but I guess we've all just got to make the best of the opportunities available to us. Hang in there, and hopefully you'll be in Canada around the middle of 2018, or sooner. :cool:
Ouch, sorry to hear about your long wait and the PCC and passport photo. Are you a US citizen or PR? At least we Americans can go through channelers who can deliver our PCCs in a week. Yeah, we have to keep updating our docs while we wait. While waiting on OINP, I have had to update my files with payslips twice a month and bank statements once a month. Did you already get all your employer reference letters? I have read in a few unofficial places that it's best that the reference letter from your current employer is no more than 6 months old. Mine was dated in August, so I hope I will receive ITA before February and not have to ask for the letter again.

Thanks for the kind words. I have had time to develop a number of skills because I have been around for a while. Canada wants younger immigrants, preferably those under 30 or not too much older than 30, because Canada's population is aging. So we 40+ folks need to do a lot more to prove that we can bring more benefits to the country despite our older age. Now I happen to be perpetually young at heart, really still a 20 year old who just happens to have been 20 for 20+ years, but unfortunately CIC has to compute my age based on my date of birth.

sureshkp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-Oct-2017
I called OINP PNP program information centre today, just to check if they can provide any information about NOI which might be issued before Nov 15th. The representative said he does not have any information about it and suggested to check the program updates webpages. I was curious as I saw one post where the member mentioned one if his teammate received a new NOI . I have not received any NOI yet and I think OINP have not started fresh NOI as well.

Vishal-07

Star Member
Jun 9, 2017
I called OINP PNP program information centre today, just to check if they can provide any information about NOI which might be issued before Nov 15th. The representative said he does not have any information about it and suggested to check the program updates webpages. I was curious as I saw one post where the member mentioned one if his teammate received a new NOI . I have not received any NOI yet and I think OINP have not started fresh NOI as well.
I dont think they have issued fresh NOI. I guess they will come up with an update first. This was done in April too where they mentioned OINP will be ussuing noi .hoping to see the update soon