+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 77th Draw

Jalolo

Sep 20, 2017
Malaysia
They may have got already many applications which are more than enough for their 2017 quota.
They will soon start issuing new NOI's for 2018 let's be patient and wait for it
You never know this wait might even land you in direct ITA
Direct ITA is way better than applying through pnp
Pnp should he the last option where you neither have scopes to raise your crs nor your score is good enough to fetch an ITA
All those who are above 420 stand a good chance for direct ITA. So it's wise to wait for it.
I see , can you plz ellaborate a little on why is direct ITA better than Pnp??

sidbidus

Nov 6, 2017
India
I also have the same doubt. As someone mentioned in the thread that ONIP does not need PCC and Medical so I'm little inclined towards it.

I created my profile on 31-Oct and got a CRS of 448. Could anyone elaborate on how to get the NOI for ONIP. Is it issued at the time of ITAs issued or before/after that.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I have maxed on my IELTS, the second option is to opt for French, but that's unchartered territory for me and a new employment opportunity is really low in the country I reside now unless I a person is that lucky.
A bunch of us are learning French, and we have a whatsapp group if you want to join:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/1HQROITB0p51B3kNAsVzAi

I am also in the same situation of being maxed out on IELTS, work experience, and almost maxed out on non-Canadian education (only a PhD, which is really not feasible if you don't already have one, would get me more points). I am currently pursuing 3 options: 1) OINP, 2) learning French, and 3) getting a job. I finally had the opportunity to submit my OINP application on Friday and am praying that all will go well, but you never know with this immigration process. I do want eventually to become professionally proficient in French since it is one of Canada's official languages, and many Canadian employers actually value bilingual English and French proficiency. The Canadian government offers free French classes to permanent residents and citizens, so there is no rush to learn French before landing if you have plenty of CRS points, but if you need points, it doesn't hurt also to get a head start. I had originally planned to go the job offer route and almost had a job offer back around May, but I was kept waiting for about 4 months for the official offer that eventually fell through, so I had plenty of time to get very upset and pursue the other 2 options.

Pikecann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
I also have the same doubt. As someone mentioned in the thread that ONIP does not need PCC and Medical so I'm little inclined towards it.

I created my profile on 31-Oct and got a CRS of 448. Could anyone elaborate on how to get the NOI for ONIP. Is it issued at the time of ITAs issued or before/after that.
With CRS 448 you do not need NOI for ONIP..
Most likely you will get an ITA at draw 77th.

sidbidus

Nov 6, 2017
India
With CRS 448 you do not need NOI for ONIP..
Most likely you will get an ITA at draw 77th.
yes i might, but since i have stayed in 3 different countries, getting the pcc would be a hassle. So would prefer ONIP since PCC is not needed. Any idea on when does one get NOI for ONIP., before/after ITA?

Jacko007

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
A bunch of us are learning French, and we have a whatsapp group if you want to join:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/1HQROITB0p51B3kNAsVzAi

I am also in the same situation of being maxed out on IELTS, work experience, and almost maxed out on non-Canadian education (only a PhD, which is really not feasible if you don't already have one, would get me more points). I am currently pursuing 3 options: 1) OINP, 2) learning French, and 3) getting a job. I finally had the opportunity to submit my OINP application on Friday and am praying that all will go well, but you never know with this immigration process. I do want eventually to become professionally proficient in French since it is one of Canada's official languages, and many Canadian employers actually value bilingual English and French proficiency. The Canadian government offers free French classes to permanent residents and citizens, so there is no rush to learn French before landing if you have plenty of CRS points, but if you need points, it doesn't hurt also to get a head start. I had originally planned to go the job offer route and almost had a job offer back around May, but I was kept waiting for about 4 months for the official offer that eventually fell through, so I had plenty of time to get very upset and pursue the other 2 options.
So you're not positive that the OINP route is going to work for you? I've given up on other options, I was looking for a job directly 6 months ago, had some interviews, but then I though "who's gonna offer you a job and then wait 6-8 months for you to arrive?". So for me it is the OINP only.

Jacko007

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
yes i might, but since i have stayed in 3 different countries, getting the pcc would be a hassle. So would prefer ONIP since PCC is not needed. Any idea on when does one get NOI for ONIP., before/after ITA?
You will still need PCC's for your eAPR, there is no way to bypass it. If I am wrong someone please correct me.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
So you're not positive that the OINP route is going to work for you? I've given up on other options, I was looking for a job directly 6 months ago, had some interviews, but then I though "who's gonna offer you a job and then wait 6-8 months for you to arrive?". So for me it is the OINP only.
I want very much for the OINP route to work out for me, but nothing in life is guaranteed. It is uncommon, but some people who applied for OINP have been rejected. Post ITA, CIC is also very strict and will reject your application if any document is missing or imperfect. Of course I have been working hard to ensure all my documents are as perfect as I can make them, and I have re-reviewed them numerous times, but you never know. If I have to re-enter the pool from February onward, I will have only 399 CRS points, which would make it more difficult to get another NOI from Ontario. I am also superstitious due to having often been unlucky in life - if I am confident that the OINP route will work out, I will probably run into issues, but if I keep in mind that things can go wrong at any time and take all measures to prepare for the worst, the OINP route will more likely work out.

As for the job offer route, I have learned that it generally is very difficult to find a job in Canada before you have PR and are not in Canada. Employers avoid hiring workers who will need visa sponsorship because there are Canadians (thanks in great part to the EE program) who are available. The exceptions are for very specialized skillsets and very senior positions (C level executives). If you fall into either category, it is worth looking, but only in either category. For example, my skillset is pretty specialized as I have expertise in two different fields - I can do the job of an average employee in either field, but there are plenty of Canadians who can as well. However, since my combination of skills is uncommon, I have been considered seriously for jobs requiring that combination of skills, and only those kinds of jobs. Unfortunately sometimes employers also cancel jobs. Employers looking for people in either field do contact me but immediately lose interest once I disclose that I will need visa sponsorship. So I am being very targeted in my job search but focusing on OINP and learning French. If it's going to be much less difficult to find a job after I get PR, and I have other more promising alternatives, then it is more efficient for me to focus on the other alternatives (OINP and French study) than on the job hunt right now.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Direct ITA takes significantly less time as well as less money. With PNP, you apply and wait to receive nomination (anywhere from 6-115 days for OINP). Then post ITA, CIC processes PNP applicants more slowly. Direct ITA can get you PR in as little as 3 weeks from submission in lucky cases, and 6 months in less lucky cases. I think via PNP, the best one can hope for is 3 or 4 months post ITA but possibly 6-9 months, all this on top of the time it takes to receive the nomination. So you're looking at a 4-6 month difference, plus when you go the PNP route, you need to reside in the province for at least 2-3 years, preferably until you become a citizen. And OINP charges a $1500 application fee.

muhammadrafay

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello,
I have an odd query .. I have an aunt (mother's sister) who is a Canadian Citizen .. I had already submitted my EOI with relative in Canada checked .. but due to some unforeseen circumstances .. i do not want to declare her in my application .. i know it doesnt have points in CRS .. but has something to do with FSW ..

Will this somehow effect my application in future when CIC gets to know i have an aunt there that i did not declare ?

Jacko007

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I want very much for the OINP route to work out for me, but nothing in life is guaranteed. It is uncommon, but some people who applied for OINP have been rejected. Post ITA, CIC is also very strict and will reject your application if any document is missing or imperfect. Of course I have been working hard to ensure all my documents are as perfect as I can make them, and I have re-reviewed them numerous times, but you never know. If I have to re-enter the pool from February onward, I will have only 399 CRS points, which would make it more difficult to get another NOI from Ontario. I am also superstitious due to having often been unlucky in life - if I am confident that the OINP route will work out, I will probably run into issues, but if I keep in mind that things can go wrong at any time and take all measures to prepare for the worst, the OINP route will more likely work out.

As for the job offer route, I have learned that it generally is very difficult to find a job in Canada before you have PR and are not in Canada. Employers avoid hiring workers who will need visa sponsorship because there are Canadians (thanks in great part to the EE program) who are available. The exceptions are for very specialized skillsets and very senior positions (C level executives). If you fall into either category, it is worth looking, but only in either category. For example, my skillset is pretty specialized as I have expertise in two different fields - I can do the job of an average employee in either field, but there are plenty of Canadians who can as well. However, since my combination of skills is uncommon, I have been considered seriously for jobs requiring that combination of skills, and only those kinds of jobs. Unfortunately sometimes employers also cancel jobs. Employers looking for people in either field do contact me but immediately lose interest once I disclose that I will need visa sponsorship. So I am being very targeted in my job search but focusing on OINP and learning French. If it's going to be much less difficult to find a job after I get PR, and I have other more promising alternatives, then it is more efficient for me to focus on the other alternatives (OINP and French study) than on the job hunt right now.
Thanks for the complete picture. Fingers crossed for your your luck to turn around :)